Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
Palace of Versailles Wallpaper and flooring help from store picture (UPDATED)  XML
Forum Index » Store General Discussion (EN)
TOLKIEN

Hi,

I recently bought the Palace of Versaille set and wanted to recreate the wall covers as I see them in the official Sims 3 image as there is no "blue print" (why is there a blue print!!!) but I'm having a hell of a time matching it up.

Could somebody here who maybe knows which one help point it out to me please? I'm not even sure if its possible to re-create the tiling on the floor as is in the picture.

*Its a WA item in paneling.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 02/09/13 11:04 PM

TOLKIEN

I also see the painting doesn't hang but it appears raised in the image...is that a marketing moveobject trick or am I missing something...
AmaraRena

The wallpaper does come from one of the EPs because I have it... but darned if I can tell you which one! Sorry! The floor you should be able to do pretty easily. I think the tiles are a common set and of course the rug just needs to be recolored using the fabrics selection when you are in Buy mode.

Oolonglong

I believe the wallpaper is from WA.
PHOEBESMOM601

Oolonglong wrote:I believe the wallpaper is from WA.

I think you're right about it being from WA. It's been a while since I used it but I think it's under paneling.

Step outside of your comfort zone. Ask why. Don't accept,"because that's the way it's always been". Think outside the box.
Karritz

The picture is not flat against the wall. It is as if it is sitting on a table or easel and leaning against the wall. I was able to push it up the wall so it sort if hangs at a nice height but didn't yet manage to successfully place it on an easle or table. It is hard to find as it looks so inconspicuous in the catalogue.

TOLKIEN

Great thanks for your help! I managed to find it for easily with help but man I couldn't for the life of me before lol.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 02/10/13 01:23 AM

Mmdrgntobldrgn

wallpaper recolored for convenience, for those who like to match the promo pics

http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=6974399

the floor is from the wood section recolored, I can whip something up if folks want ..... heck I like the challenge of matching the pics give me some time and I'll be back can't upload while in game.

fixed a typo

ps have you tried placing the painting-sculpture on a coffee table?
ok I'm back last edit for this post, to add additional recolor images and links
room mock up, the windows are base game windows

4 floor pieces {all are base game} {click on picture to go to the download}

ceiling tile {requires Ambitions}

as noted by the op, the wallpaper is a World Adventures paneling

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at 02/10/13 03:32 AM

Peace,GranMama Dragon http://tinyurl.com/7pjx25u
TOLKIEN

Wow nice work Mmdrgntobldrgn!

How do you paint ceiling tiles? I have ambitions but I've never tried to paint the ceiling...
Mmdrgntobldrgn

TOLKIEN wrote:Wow nice work Mmdrgntobldrgn!

How do you paint ceiling tiles? I have ambitions but I've never tried to paint the ceiling...

it's a bit of a challenge you have to get the camera angled so it's at floor level so you can see the underside of the floor above; if it's roof/attic you have to add floor tiles or when you angle up all you see is open sky

then select the tile you want for the ceiling, any floor tile will work, then shift to mass "paint" the ceiling

the proper ceiling tiles don't always recolor nicely so it works best to pick one recolor how you want then tile in your ceiling especially when using tiles that have to be rotated

ps, thank you

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 02/10/13 03:52 AM

Peace,GranMama Dragon http://tinyurl.com/7pjx25u

Forum Index » Store General Discussion (EN)
Go to: