Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
Shattered Light - A Rainbowcy - Generation 7: Chapter 11: More Changes (7/15/14)  XML
Post Reply Forum Index » Stories and Legacies
shogunfish

I'm going to start taking the pictures for the new chapter as soon as I can. Right now I'm working on a few contest entries, but it shouldn't take too long.

jbfairybird

Hi Tiare,

I'm working on some of my stuff too. We I am inbetween all of my r/l to do. Now I need to start on dinner too.

shogunfish

I thought this next chapter was babies, but I was wrong. I wrote it all during the 3 or 4 chapters, and have just been editing. But guess what next next chapter is babies! Yay! And after babies there's only one more chapter in this gen. I don't know how to feel about that.

shogunfish

Jam and Robin are been meanies. They won't come over so I can take their pictues. -_-

shogunfish

The last pictures has been taken. Now I just need to upload them and the chapter will be ready.

jbfairybird

I'm just now able to really sit down to take the last of the screenies I need.

I hate when sims don't coperate. That's one of the reasons I make a 2nd file of each game I have stories on so I can move sims into a household to screenie that are giving me trouble. Having it in a separate from my game makes sure I don't mess up my game file. lol.

shogunfish

Chapter 10: Making It Work

I don’t know how long Citrine and I stood, locked in our embrace, but it was a long time. Her tears started to soak through my shirt, which is why I eventually pulled away. She seemed seriously concerned about the possibility of me abandoning her with a child, which was way outside the realm of possibilities. I was a socially awkward person, but I wasn’t that horrible.
My brain took me back to Cabernet. Who had done exactly what Citrine was afraid of. I could never, ever be Cabernet.

I stood there and looked at the woman carrying my child, someone I hardly knew. I had imagined that someday this would be Cyanna and I, but someday far in the future.

I offered to move in with Citrine, for several reasons, one was that I needed somewhere else to go besides my house, and Citrine was renting a very nice little house. Another was that Citrine and I needed to get to know each other, since we were going to raise a child together. And she needed my support.
Nobody was home when I got there, thankfully, so I left a short note, but said I would explain later. Then I took my things back to Citrine’s house.

Pour Citrine was throwing up all the time. She couldn’t keep anything down, but she was also constantly eating. Usually I would sit with her in the bathroom and hold her hair back.
As scared as I was, considering my social disorder, this seemed to be exactly what I needed. It thrust me into a position where I could no longer hide behind my anxiety. It was not a shield for me anymore. I had to get over it, there was no way around it, and I knew that. It was a sort of therapy.

“We need to start small.” Citrine told me, “There are certain things that we need to know about each other before the baby is born.”
“Like what?” I asked.
“Let’s start with something simple.” She thought for a minute, “Where were you born?”
“Here.” I told her. “You?”
“Twizzlerbrook.” She said.

She thought for a minute, “Okay, next question. What are your parents’ names?”
“My dad’s name is Red, and my mom’s is Greth.” I told her.
“My mom’s Fallicia, and my dad’s Orangello.” She said.

We talked for quite a while about simple little things, things that two parents should know about each other. I forced myself to open up to her, since I knew that I couldn’t stay silent. She needed me, so as painful as it was I pushed myself. For most of the conversation my heart was beating rapidly, because of my anxiety, but as I got to know her it started to slow.
Our conversation ended when Citrine had to throw up again, and I followed her to hold her hair again.

“Morning sickness my berry!” She said, getting up from next to the toilet, “This is happening all day!”
I didn’t really know what to say, so I just nodded.
“Are you alright, Cardinal?” She asked. “Sometimes you seem really quiet.”
“I... have a... social... disorder...” I told her. I had never been embarrassed about it, but that was probably because I’d never told anybody but Cyanna about it.
“Really?” She asked, “I never would have guessed unless you told me.”

We tried to settle into a normal routine, as if we were a prepared couple, who had been dating for a long time. Citrine would make breakfast, and we would eat in on the couch together, then I found go out and get the newspaper, and we would sit and talk while I read.

I read something about Rudy’s friend Daffodil. Apparently she had become somewhat of a big star, and Rudy was still dating her. It was a sad moment when you learned more about your family from the newspaper than from your family. But Rudy had really cut himself out of the family tree and there was no going back.

Soon Citrine started to outgrow her clothes. I started to see the evidence of our child growing inside her. She said it hadn’t started kicking, yet, but that it was supposed to soon. It still hadn’t really hit me. Until it was actually there I couldn’t even fathom its existence. It was just part of Citrine.

We hadn’t kissed once since our encounter. It probably seemed strange, but we both knew that the only reason we pursued our relationship was because she was pregnant, and we didn’t know if after the baby was born if we would still really want to be together. We didn’t want to fabricate something in an attempt to hold us together.

Robin still made an attempt to get together sometimes. It worked out really well, since we were both trying to prepare for children in the short time that we had. She and Citrine got along really well.
Jam wasn’t as rude to me. I think mostly he was concerned with Robin’s well being, and he also no longer felt like he needed to impress her to keep her with him. We still weren’t the best of friends, but he didn’t just get angry with me for no reason.

Whenever Jam and Robin came over they had a good time, but Robin always seemed a little bit sad. Citrine was almost like a replacement for Cyanna for all of us. We all liked her, but we never would have been friends with her, or even met her, if Cyanna hadn’t left.
I guess they talked a lot about redecorating, because every time Robin and Jam came over Citrine would come to me with all these ideas about how to do the baby’s room.

We repainted, redecorated, and reorganized that room more times than I could count.
“I just need it to be perfect.” Citrine told me, “Because I feel like so many other things in his or her life won’t be.”

She rubbed her ever growing belly.
“No offense, but our situation is not exactly the best circumstances to bring a child into the world.” She turned to me, “Good relationships don’t usually start with one-night stands.”
“I know, but I think we can make this work.”
“Oh, Berry, I sounded mean right there. I’m sorry, I didn’t mean it like that.” A tear came to her eye, “I’m sorry!” Her most common mood swing was to make a critique of something, and then start crying and apologizing for it.

I didn’t know what to do to make her stop, so I went with the thing I had noticed girls liked the most. Hugging.
“Cardinal...” She said, “I felt something.”
She took my hand and placed it on her stomach.
“Do you feel it?” She asked.

I place my other hand on her stomach as well, and I felt where she told me to. At first I didn’t feel anything. She moved my hand over slightly, and then I felt it. A little kick.
“Did you feel it?” She asked.
I nodded, fascinated with the little sign of life.
“This is really happening!” She smiled, “There’s a little person in there!”

When she reached midway through her second trimester she started to grow rapidly. The doctor told her that she was growing faster than normal, which could mean a couple of things, but they wouldn’t tell us what. They had her make an appointment for an ultrasound to figure out what was up.
Her back started to hurt terribly. She often stayed in bed or on the couch all day. I offered massages, but she didn’t want to roll over, for fear that she would squish the baby.

A couple of times Robin invited us over to their house. They still lived in the same one, with Cabernet. Citrine would get up to go to Robin’s house, because she said that hanging out with her friend was worth it, and getting exercise was good.
The place still brought back a lot of memories. Things I didn’t necessarily like thinking about, but I forced myself to. I needed to get over them, to realize that they were in the past, and what happened happened.

We sat around and talked on the couch. It was the same thing that we did at Citrine’s and my house, but Robin felt bad about making us host all the time. It was a good effort, and I appreciated that, which was why I couldn’t turn them down even though being in that house was painful.
But one time was worse than all the rest.

Citrine and I arrived at the house, and went in just like normal. Robin had fallen asleep on the couch, and so Jam asked us to be quiet until she woke up, so we were. Completely silent.
We could all hear that Cabernet had somebody over. But I could have never in a million years guessed who it was.

It was the last person I would have thought would be with Cabernet, the last person I wanted to be with Cabernet. It was like the ultimate stab in the heart. I felt the stitched up remains of my heart tearing apart at the seams. Every piece that Citrine had managed to pick up went spilling back onto the floor.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 07/07/13 10:34 PM

shogunfish

I guess I must have posted this too late for anybody to read it. >.< I do that a lot, it must be because my time zone is behind, like, everyone.

shogunfish

Here's a funny little side note. I moved Robin and Jam out, and then invited them over to take the pictures. But I had to remove the doors so they wouldn't leave in the middle of shooting. And while waiting to take one of the shots Robin kept flirting with Cardinal. O.O Even though right after I moved them out she got engaged to Jam. Citrine was right there, too, and she was not pleased.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 04/22/12 05:46 AM

shogunfish

Quick bump. Anybody read it yet?

shogunfish

No comments?

Also, this post will be number 5555 for me! Pretty awesome!

Brigid

OMB that berry loving JERK FACE.

How?! She's so much younger than him too!! Oh I hate her. SHE IS NOT ALLOWED TO MOVE ON AND BE HAPPY!

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 04/22/12 05:39 PM

[IMG]http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o624/Lidi
cora/lovelidibanner.png/IMG]
shogunfish

Brigid wrote:OMB that berry loving JERK FACE.

How?! She's so much younger than him too!! Oh I hate her. SHE IS NOT ALLOWED TO MOVE ON AND BE HAPPY!

Who said she was happy

shogunfish

@ Brigid By the way, you should link me to your simblr.

shogunfish

Afternoon bump. :]

Post Reply Forum Index » Stories and Legacies
Go to: