Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
Gardening glitch?  XML
Post Reply Forum Index » Seasons
xelectricity

I can't seem to find another forum about this particular glitch so I'm really hoping someone knows the answer. So basically when I'm growing plants they work fine for a bit then all of a sudden, a bunch of my plants say that it's time to harvest, yet there is no option to do so or visible fruit/vegetable on the plant. This is driving me insane since gardening is one of my favorite things to do. Any ideas?

Thanks
Kayasurin

I am having the exact same problem! It's typically with the Supernatural plants (for me) and I really don't get it!

I've noticed that it happens after winter, or generally any time they go dormant.
LaBlue0314

I know a little about this glitch and this is what has been discovered to start it.

If you start playing a sim in one town, and then decide to move them to another town that is the trigger. So if you create a sim, and once you start playing them, do not move them from their town to another town. You can move from one house to another house in the same world and not have any problems.

xelectricity

Do you mean like traveling?
rumbutter

xelectricity wrote:Do you mean like traveling?

saving the family or sim to the libiary (where you can save your household ) then starting a new game and moving that same family or sim in to play in the new game as lablue says moving from house to house in the world your playing is fine but not world to world

it happened to a female sim i made moved from one world to another and she got that glitch

p.s.

im no sure about traviling to china egypt or france with world adventures as i haven't tried that yet

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 02/12/13 03:37 AM

:not accepting friends requests:

Sid1701D9

yeah the plants got shocked. They do not know what stage they are at.

Sid1701d-"I like life enjoy, live play laugh and have fun!"
kmonica

have same problem. How to fix this?
rumbutter

dispose those plants and use the indoor planter bowls if you have enough room beware though if you plant indoors around the autumn/winter the plants go dormant <--this happend to me don't know if it did to anyone else
if planted in spring summer they seem fine for the rest of the year
and plant the trees out doors spring/summer

:not accepting friends requests:

Sid1701D9

those planters come with supernatural. Oh by the way plants that are dorment and indoors should wake up during fall winter if inside. if your plants are not waking up look for holes in the roof and unfinished rooms.

Sid1701d-"I like life enjoy, live play laugh and have fun!"
anothermauz

This happens to my sim whenever his plant hits the harvest stage just before it goes dormant. It sometimes appears to happen if it's mature when it goes dormant. It also happens to any plants he grows at his vacation home in France after one harvest (though I've only had him planting nectar grapes, so I'm not sure if this holds for all plants).
In my experience, once it happens, the plant is ruined. It doesn't come back no matter how long you wait.
For plants in your neighborhood the only way to avoid it happening is to have the plants inside when the weather gets cold, in a planter or using the moveobjects cheat. (Even then, I've had plants go dormant or take on the appearance of a dormant plant and then glitch.) I know of no way to avoid it with garden plants on a vacation lot. (At least I get one harvest out of those plants before they glitch.)
It's annoying, but not the worst of the glitches IMO.
Sillyk2003

I have the same problem! It is driving me crazy! Someone said something to me in another post about using mods from NRass but the are so many mods, I can't find the one that will fix my garden. If anyone can link me to the mod that fixes my garden I would be greatly appreciative! Thank you!
Sillyk2003

Bumping in hopes of a link to fix with mods
Wolfaura

The same thing happened to me. I moved my sims from Moonlight Falls to Riverview, I like to have my sims move neighbourhoods every 3 generations so I don't get so bored. My plants were fine, then it was winter, plants went dormant, it's now spring and the plants say harvest but no fruit is visible on the plants.

So that means I can't move my sims without it glitching the plants. That is horrible. Will turning off winter completely not glitch plants? As I find the snow annoying anyway and would rather not have it. Especially since it stuffs your plants up.

bmashland

ME TOO... 4 or 5 times so far, I checked summer only and don't have any issues yet <crossing my fingers> but that means the problem is in the freezing and thawing part of weather

I am pretty sure my problem happened in early spring.. I don't want to give up my weather, the off season's are a good break from large gardens, can we get a ticket opened for this bug please?

Before I installed seasons, there wasn't a single garden issue ever for me... but really it's in the thaw/freeze/thaw/freeze of spring if its anything like it looks visually...

They came out fine after being dormant the first time, but you get a few cold nights in a long spring(28 days), they tend to freeze and thaw a lot there...I think that's the broken spot.

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at 05/15/13 05:29 PM

bmashland

UPDATE FOR SEASON'S GURU DUDE!

I've been experimenting with just the Summer for one month on one, and three weeks on the other... and its all fine.. Can you look at winter and spring, because it didn't look like fall either.

The transition to winter seemed to just be ok, but there were a few days of cold/hot/cold hot too.. I run 28 day Summer, 15 day, Fall, Winter, and well the first time was a 28 day spring, and the second was an 8 day spring.

I just don't want to lose 100 hours of work on this Gardener Sim and try to add more weather and break it.

Will you make a Sim please and try?

I have had two separate Sims both with this problem, both restarted now without the weather all active. Summer only 28 days. NO SNOW, but all the rest active; rain, hail, fog.

None have had any problems with any type of herb, veggie, special plant since. Its all about freeze thaw process.

Open a ticket please, we need to be kept updated to this serious problem.

Garden is my BIGGEST game play with out it this game is nothing for me... really. that much, every Sim has a garden =( and I don't want to always have to be tending it.... Weather is my break from it to run and go snowboard and vacation in such.

Thanks, please please please... we need you, we count on you as well.

Post Reply Forum Index » Seasons
Go to: