Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
UNI hands on... new screenshots on page one*****  XML
Post Reply Forum Index » University Life
ruthless_kk

Sitting here in the offices of EA with the producers asking questions about UNI....

a few goodies:

new death is "blunt force trauma" death by vending machine

new sim is PLANT SIM

new lots: a burger joint that looks like a Sonic style drive in, a bowling alley, a coffee house, a comic book store for nerds to hang out in.

text interactions include secret admirer, like text, insult, picture text

new kiss: "heat of the moment" kiss

No pets on campus

Each social group has unlocks as you advance int he group...you monitor progress in each group..jock, nerd, rebel....by the smart phone interface

majors are: business, phys ed, fine arts, sci and med,business, and tech

sims do not get kicked out for low grades

new interaction: dares...lots of dares and more often happen in the sorority/fraternity setting

campus is very traditional, ivy league looking

Supernaturals will show up in UNI and they of course can go as well

whole new herb system....can grow them and use them to boost sims performance and effects. And by herbs, they mean like cinnamon and herbal tea. If you throw them into a bonfire it affects the whole group...things like lose weight, increase romance, study better..things like that.

you can ask professor for extra credit..can scmooze them, flirt and even woohoo with them.

cant make plant sims in CAS

Dumpster diving interaction...can come upo with a good item..can be dared

The bonus party theme pack...not just togas...masquarade party! Masks and such

street art object allows you to tag walls and floors....be careful, you can get arrested if someone sees you.

Police can come to break up a rocking party...or they might join it!

You can romance your teachers and ask for extra credit

Pix to follow when I get my actual hands on.

Want me to ask a question for you?

e905-49b0-96a3-d06544b7ffbd_zps0e744b84.jpg[/IMG]

This message was edited 25 times. Last update was at 02/15/13 07:58 PM

EMPRESSPAMELA

How will holidays be affected while at Uni. Do they get a snow day or any trips home at all?

MGSFan612

Will we be getting waiters?

I know that article was probably a mis-translation and they meant baristas at the coffeehouse but it is something a lot of people would like cleared up.

allisoneg02

YES! OMG I just posted but here is the question

Will the seasons be the same at Uni as they are in the homeworld? For example if you leave for school in the fall is it fall at Uni? Or does it start with summer???

THX Ahh.. too much excitement!!

ruthless_kk

EMPRESSPAMELA wrote:How will holidays be affected while at Uni. Do they get a snow day or any trips home at all?

seasons works in UNI...you can change the seasons idependantly.

No holidays...

They stay for the term they pick,...can go home between terms if they want...and of course can drop out.

ruthless_kk

MGSFan612 wrote:Will we be getting waiters?

I know that article was probably a mis-translation and they meant baristas at the coffeehouse but it is something a lot of people would like cleared up.

per simguru Britt: baristas are serves behind the counter only...no waiters

ruthless_kk

allisoneg02 wrote:YES! OMG I just posted but here is the question

Will the seasons be the same at Uni as they are in the homeworld? For example if you leave for school in the fall is it fall at Uni? Or does it start with summer???

well they mentioned that you can set the seasons differently for each. It sounds like home life freezes while you are gone, just like when you go on vacation...so whatever season it was when you left would be what it is when you get back. Getting a clarification on that one in a bit.

Yep...confirmed: home life freezes while gone.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 02/13/13 07:22 PM

Pokahuntas

What is the lifespan of the new plantsims like? Shorter than normal?
monaduncan

Thanks for posting this info. What kind of control do we have of our Sims in the open classroom?
allisoneg02

ruthless_kk wrote:
allisoneg02 wrote:YES! OMG I just posted but here is the question

well they mentioned that you can set the seasons differently for each. It sounds like home life freezes while you are gone, just like when you go on vacation...so whatever season it was when you left would be what it is when you get back. Getting a clarification on that one in a bit.

Yep...confirmed: home life freezes while gone.

Thanks.. soo it's fall when you leave, fall there, and then fall still when you get home? lol guess that makes some sense!

ruthless_kk

monaduncan wrote:Thanks for posting this info. What kind of control do we have of our Sims in the open classroom?

They can sleep, ask questions, use smart phone...

ruthless_kk

Pokahuntas wrote:What is the lifespan of the new plantsims like? Shorter than normal?

have asked...will have to get back to you on that.

Jarsie9

I need clarification because Curtis Paradis confused me. He said the lecture rabbitholes looked interesting, but we can follow our Sims to class. I was under the impression that the lectures took place in the student union. If that's the case, then they're not rabbitholes. Can you verify that?

Also, regarding the Season: So this means I can live out my Summer week, send my Sim to school on the first day of fall, set my season to fall in University, then after the week or 2 weeks is up, my Sim comes home the same day he/she left, and can then finish out the fall week, and go back on the first day of winter. Am I right? And if so, we can arrange it so that we really don't lose any time at home, and still have our Sims spend all their young adult lives in Uni without losing anytime at home.

That's what I've been saying all along. Am I right in that?

I Am No Longer Accepting Friend Requests. All Friend Requests Will Be Declined.
Corey785

When will the patch come out? Is the only new feature only going to be a university?

ruthless_kk

Jarsie9 wrote:I need clarification because Curtis Paradis confused me. He said the lecture rabbitholes looked interesting, but we can follow our Sims to class. I was under the impression that the lectures took place in the student union. If that's the case, then they're not rabbitholes. Can you verify that?

Also, regarding the Season: So this means I can live out my Summer week, send my Sim to school on the first day of fall, set my season to fall in University, then after the week or 2 weeks is up, my Sim comes home the same day he/she left, and can then finish out the fall week, and go back on the first day of winter. Am I right? And if so, we can arrange it so that we really don't lose any time at home, and still have our Sims spend all their young adult lives in Uni without losing anytime at home.

That's what I've been saying all along. Am I right in that?

As far as seasons go...the season freezes at home when you leave so if its fall when you leave its fall when you come back. You can set the seasons for UNI so if you set it to the same cycle, it should be fairly close. But if you have uni world set for summer only..no way...and if you stay on campus for multiple terms without going home you will rotate through the seasons at a different rate and so the home season will not be the same.
You do follow them into lectures/classroom and there are some interactions you can pick from...so is much more interactive. There are also rabbitholes that you cant follow them into that also improve class performance.

Basically they are giving you many more ways to get through school and increase performance depending on how you would like to play...which I think is awesome.

This is what I am understanding but I can clarify more when we get an actual hands on.

Post Reply Forum Index » University Life
Go to: