Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
A couple of ideas, Join in!  XML
Post Reply Forum Index » General Discussion (EN)
linklover1o1

Location:Listening for a fly to break wind in Africa so I can tell it, "Lay off the beans."

I had a couple ideas that i wanted to share so EA sees them and everyone else sees them, so I can know if they are good or bad. The ideas are as follows:

1) Disabled sims! Like if they have to use crutches or have a limp? You know, crippled?
2) Broken limbs! What if your sims break their arms and legs? Or, like, Break their finger so they have to call in sick from some jobs.
3) Homeschooling! You get to teach your kids at home! Instead of public school?

Thats a couple i've gotten so far, share any of yours, so EA sees this and thinks: hey! lets make those!

(edit) Sorry it said crippled, My mom is handicapped in real life and we call it crippled, so I thought it was ok to say. I apologize if I hurt anyone's feelings in saying that. I thought disabled sims would be a great idea considering it is depressing to my mom to have to make her self before being handicapped.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 02/20/13 01:50 PM

Going to the dark side? Bring this flashlight.
lisasc360

There is a mod that you can download that will allow you to home school your sims kids. It is on the NRAAS website.

As for as the other things go, I really don't think EA is interested in putting those things. They said it would be depressing for those who have them. This is things that others have asked for. Most threads that ask for broken bones or asking for any type of disabilities don't end too well as they can start flame wars/arguments on the forums.

Bret Michaels concert 5/27/12
Noniohyea

I don't think disabilities would be depressing. If a person is wheelchair bound they might want to make a sim that they can relate to.

Diamondkool

I find the word "Crippled" offensive. Better term should be "Disabled" though it can be related to physical, deafness, blindness, etc.

Diamondkool

lisasc360 wrote:They said it would be depressing for those who have them.

Depressing? I'm deaf and it's not depressing.

Although, it would be difficult for EA to make this.

10eliblue

The Broken Limbs thingy needs new animations to work. For the mean time, why don't you play Happy Wheels?

Neigh. I'm a Horse. (On the Internet, of course.)
Simmer999

Location:Scuba Diving in the Forums of Sims 3 (without the pesky gear, of course)

linklover1o1 wrote:I had a couple ideas that i wanted to share so EA sees them and everyone else sees them, so I can know if they are good or bad. The ideas are as follows:

1) Crippled sims! Like if they have to use crutches or have a limp? You know, crippled?
2) Broken limbs! What if your sims break their arms and legs? Or, like, Break their finger so they have to call in sick from some jobs.
3) Homeschooling! You get to teach your kids at home! Instead of public school?

Thats a couple i've gotten so far, share any of yours so EA sees this and thinks: hey! lets make those!

Yea these are some cool ones!
Here are some of my ideas:
1. More drama for adoption. Like, a "Tell Sim They Were Adopted" if they were adopted at the age of toddler/baby. This could cause some difficulties in their lives, and make them want to hunt down their birth parents.
2. THEME PARKS!!!!!!!!!!
3. Past travel and not future travel. Fix the past!!!

Diamondkool

Simmer999 wrote:
3. Past travel and not future travel. Fix the past!!!

There is.

mnevin25

I play sims3 to get away from reality. Having someone in a wheelchair or on crutches isn't something I would even buy. using a cane is something they have. That was safe and okay with me. I don't think EA would risk their customers anger.
Achoo89

Crippled? Seriously?

Why have this added to the game? It's not a novelty...Sorry I have a family member who is DISABLED. So the word crippled does bother me.

Dee xxx
loilee

The word 'cripple' is offensive.

Also, I am 'crippled' and I would never ever create or play a disabled sim and I really don't know why anyone would want to?

MeeleyBug

yeah i see where you guys are coming from

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 02/18/13 07:22 PM

How the hell do i post a thread??? 'Help' - doesn't help at all!!!!!!!!!!!
lisasc360

Diamondkool wrote:

That's what EA has said, not me. EA has also said they have better things to put in the game that doesnt't involve disabilities, too.

Bret Michaels concert 5/27/12
Diamondkool

lisasc360 wrote:
Diamondkool wrote:

That's what EA has said, not me. EA has also said they have better things to put in the game that doesnt't involve disabilities, too.

Well then, they should have a better reason rather than just saying 'depressed'.

Achoo89

loilee wrote:The word 'cripple' is offensive.

Also, I am 'crippled' and I would never ever create or play a disabled sim and I really don't know why anyone would want to?

I agree. I don't think linklover1o1 was meaning to be offensive. But a little common sense doesn't go a miss!

Dee xxx

Post Reply Forum Index » General Discussion (EN)
Go to: