So, since this thread has already slowed down considerably, I will check back on Sunday, March 24th to see if there is anything major that needs adding but I won't answer everyone anymore. I know the time invested is shorter then in previous bug threads but I have planned this weekend (without Sims) a long while ago and I really don't feel like answering 3 days worth of new posts, especially on a weekend so I think this is a good point to wrap things up.
The bad bugs have been identified and now I will try to find infos on how we can prevent them. I am still checking in on those two other threads and see if we can find a common denominator. Also watch my blog for new info.
Ask here, if anything is unclear. It will help you avoid most patching problems.
If you have crashing issues, please make your own thread in the technical part of this forum. This one is about GAMEPLAY bugs
I do not have a solution for uninstalling Store content other than reinstalling all of them. If you have the issue, please post in the technical or Store technical section of this forum.
Please remove your mods before posting. Even if they say they are updated. You can only be sure something is a EA bug if you play a vanilla game.
There is no need for reading this whole thread but please check my posts on this first page if your issue has been reported and only post if you have extra info to add.
Remember that the patch will make your game 'EP' ready. Most of the bugs (unless they are specific to functionality of the EP) and fixes will also apply if you only have the patch and NOT the EP.
Please post the info asked in the second post and I'd appreciate it if you follow the rules
1. Please DO NOT VENT in this thread. If you are not happy with the game, post in another thread that most likely will pop up or start your own. I will need to read through all posts and venting will make me skip your post. Make your statement as calm and informative as possible.
2. Don't post things like: It doesn't work or I got an error message. I don't know how to help you with that. Describe as accurate as possible what you tried and what your problem is. Post any error messages you receive as you seem them (screen-shots are great)
3. Make sure that you have removed ALL your custom content, especially mods for they are most likely not compatible anymore. This also applies if you are only getting the patch. Check with the creators before putting them back.
4. You can also post your bugs/problems if you have not but the expansion but updated to the newest patch.
5. Please do not post any technical issues like crashes, graphic card problems or incompatibility messages. They go in the technical section of this forum and there are people there that can better help you than me.
6. Please read the compiled lists to see if anyone has posted before and if there's a solution to your problem. I will try to keep links so you can go to the post of the person for extra info but that might prove difficult if lots of people have the problem. If you have extra info to add, please do so. Also let me know if you feel that I have misinterpreted your post.
7. Also consult my blog at Crinrict's Sims 3 Help Blog to see if you are running into an old problem that already has a solution
8. You may also post any fixed bugs or solutions you might find.
9. Please do not link to another post if you have already posted somewhere else. Copy/Paste your post and add the link as extra info. This forum will probably be a pain to navigate again and if I don't have to go consult other threads to what might be your problem, that's a huge relieve.
10. Keep in mind that I'm in a different time zone than most of you guys. Be patient, I will try to answer anyone (except venting posts).
11. If you are replying to a question of mine, please quote your problem/my question or recap in short. It will help me tremendously if I don't have to go back to see what your problem was and I can't keep them all in mind.
12. Check your game if you have any old cc-framework leftovers and remove.
13. Please don't post: I don't have the time to read all this. I find that rather insulting because it tells me, you didn't even bother to read the first post. I'm taking MY time to help you guys out and I'm not compensated by EA for this so the least you can do is read the first few posts before making your statement.
14. Please do not edit your post to add extra info to it unless no one else has answered you. I'm not going back in reading the thread, so I might miss extra info. Simply make a new post and restate your issue.
15. Please also excuse if my answers are short and to the point. I usually have to cover a lot of ground and I can't be elaborate about everything. It's not meant in a rude way at all. I appreciate everyone that is taking part in this.
16. If you opened a thread on a certain issue you want linked, post the link in this thread and I will add it. Make sure there aren't any threads there yet.
17. If you feel that I'm not treating everyone in the same way, you're probably right. There are people that have been reporting since my first bug thread and others that are modders/creators themselves. I feel that I know when a bug report of those people is legit and when not, so I'll be quicker to add those compared to people I don't know at all.
18. Please use proper english and no text language. Also try to use punctuation where applicable and don't put everything in one paragraph. Those are very hard for me to read. I'm German speaking, so that would help me a great deal to understand what you are saying.
Make sure your Origin is up-to-date (if you are using it). If your Origin is not at that version and you are not prompted an update, you will need to uninstall and get the newest version here: http://www.origin.com/us/about
Crashing issues are mainly technical and belong in the technical forum. Please make your own thread there, posting your DxDiag and info about cc, when it crashes and other useful stuff.
If you are experiencing crashes after load screen or after a few minutes of game play, it's most likely a DEP problem. The game has now a new .exe file in your base game folder. Make sure to add the following new files to your DEP:
TS3W.EXE in your base game\bin folder.
If you have technical issue, please post in any of these threads:
A word on Mods/Hacks It's ok to use them, I do too (I even recommend some of them), but please please, educate yourself about them. Don't just pop something in. There are many mods that conflict with each other and there are many mods that will be outdated with every patch (that's how it works).
Some of the mods need to be uninstalled in a special way but it will always tell you in the mod description if that is the case. So PLEASE read them and DO what it says.
Abbreviations used MC = MasterController: Mod by Twallan
SP = StoryProgression Mod: Mod by Twallan
CC = Custom Content: cloth, objects, hair, etc from third-parties you add to your game.
DEP = Data Execution Prevention: Windows security feature.
MTS = ModTheSims: CC Site
TSR = TheSimsResource: A CC Site
This message was edited 28 times. Last update was at 06/02/13 08:13 PM
How to find your post and my answer (only major posts)
To find your own post, make sure you write down the page you posted on. My answer is most likely in my next post.
salivacocktail suggests to set a bookmark for the thread and note the page numbers in the description. You can edit the description with more page numbers should you post more.
I'll be linking all my answer post in here, including page number.
If I said, I'll add, make sure it gets added. Search the first page to find your name and make sure I understood what you were trying to say. If you reported more than once, your name should appear next to each issue (except for the more common, smaller ones). If you're not happy with what I wrote, please restate your issue with all the info.
I can't help you properly if I don't have this info and it's a pain for all if I have to keep getting back to people.
You only need to answer this question once. I will add a link to your specs/question post here: Poster Info. If you change anything, please edit your post. Don't edit your post to add a bug. Make a new post for that. I'm not going back and the info post is meant for reference so you don't have to post the info over and over.
1. Are you using any Custom Content or mods ?
2. If you are using mods, are you using any of the 'big ones' like Awesome Mod or Twallan’s mods
3. If you're not using mod, did you never use them or did you take them out for the EP (as you are supposed to do)
4. Did you update the mods you put back with a compatible version ?
5. Do you have University Life or just the Patch ?
6. Which Patch Level are you at ?
7. Did you start a new game or are you playing an existing ones ?
8. Did you transfer an existing Sim over or are they new/Pre-Made ?
9. What town are you currently playing ? EA or Custom ?
10. What is your Operating System (Mac, XP, Vista, Win 7) ?
11. Do you have the download or DVD Version of the game ?
Please answer the following questions with every bug report
12. Are you reporting for the Uni-World, Home-World or WA-World ?
Lagging/Freezing or any other issues of more technical nature
- What EPs do you own
- Some basic Info about your Computer (please NO DxDiag, they are too long for this thread). Processor, Amount of RAM, Graphic Card and Operating System (Mac, Win 7, Win XP, …) ?
- Do you have a 32 or 64 bit Operating System ?
- Do you use any Store Premium Content ? If so Which ones ?
- Some basic Info about your Computer (please NO DxDiag, they are too long for this thread). Processor, Amount of RAM, Graphic Card and Operating System (Mac, Win 7, Win XP, …), especially your graphic card
- Do you have advanced rendering on (Options - Graphics)
- What date has your graphic card driver
- If you are unsure where to find this info, read this: Finding Devices and Updating Drivers
--> Should be posted in technical.
Serial Code Issues
DO NOT GO HERE! Contact Customer Support Should be posted in technical. See some tips in my blog: [url=http://sims3.crinrict.com/en/2011/04/bug-lags-intermitten t-freezes.html]Lags
This message was edited 30 times. Last update was at 03/21/13 09:02 PM
Any issues in this posts have been reported extensively and some solutions have been found. For the bigger issues, please post in the according threads linked. There's no need to report any of these any more unless you have a new solution
--> If you had no issues the first time, it seems connected with the graduation/returning home issues below
--> Related to Sims that didn't have a High School graduation/diploma (Desirai) ?
--> Possible Workaround: Ricalynn --> Sim not arriving at University
Sim can't return home from University
- My Sim gets picked up to travel home but then gets out of the bus without getting home
- Graduation fails causing them not to be able to return home or get their extra trait.
- There are more issues that might be connected to the issue, please see list in next post.
At this points it's unclear if it's the failed graduation or something else that makes the Sim not be able to return home but a main issue seems to be with inviting other Sims to the Graduation party.
--> Seems like anything that interrupts the going home process makes Sims get stuck, like a phone call or a critique (jafo88fan, Djehm)
Seems the whole room mate system is again improperly gated, if the EP is not present. It should work, once you have Uni installed. If you do not plan on getting it, don't add room mates to your household. You can't get rid of them.
- Performance meter goes down although using objects or going to classes (PixxieBee144, GingaNinja96)
- Resetting the sim resets performance bar to the middle and makes it appear where it should be there. (PixxieBee144)
--> Not a bug. Does the cheat does the same with needs and magic barb
- Up/Down Performance Arrows missing (SimGirl21, CLM1227)
- Performance bar decreases while Sims are not in class or studying (MistressMyuu, sirenprincess, funkyshygirl)
--> They decrease just like needs. For some traits (like coach potato) it's harder to keep them up. You need to study from time to time or you'll fail.
--> Possible that bug is involved for some. Needs more research.
- After cheating, Progress bar does not go away for the weekend (HannaZoja)
- With multiple Sims only one increases their meter, the other decrease (Jadeleine)
- Sketch book has missing texture instead of picture (alicia7tommy, sugar_cookies)
--> Try deleting the cache files & Moving the folder Thumbnails to the desktop
- Technology major takes the brain enhancing machine, gets on and then gets off and puts it back into the inventory over and over (chasingAJ)
- Graduation Gnomes spawn during class every day (Bafendo, strophic)
- Sim can't buy bagel or brownies (janvel831)
- Coffee Shop counter has no interactions or Sim (strophic)
- Supernatural plants can't be cloned with the science machine (Silence731)
- Sketches don't go into inventory (kellza)
- If there's no place to put a graffiti, you can't unselect the interaction (oreosncreamforjo55, flamingtelepaths)
--> Try pressing the ESC key
- No text when writing on the white board (JohnnyDeppLuva)
- Megaphone is invisible when talking to plants (janvel831)
- Owned LTR gone missing (Conclue, ghiasappifanie)
--> Using CAS cheat to change trait is the cause of that (Ricalynn)
- LTW missing (Akl500P)
--> Old issue or something new triggering it ? Does it come back ?
- LTW resets on coming home (miruazo33)
- Sim have loose LTW and don't roll new wishes because of it (linarwing)
- Maid needs to be re-hired every day (azul662)
- Handyman only fixes half of the stuff (ghiasappifanie)
- Two maids on hiring (ecoju)
- Garage door can't be placed without spaces anymore (blewis823)
- Overweight Sims that lost their weight are back to being overweight on restarting the game (Mstybl95, Motherboard)
- Stereo gives bad wake up moodlet to sims that weren't even sleeping (tereiditsy)
- Sims obsessed with reading, stuck books in inventory and toddlers reading invisible books (svlyn)
- Teen jobs not showing up on rabbitholes (svlyn)
- Plumbing breaks despite being upgraded (MSladyTSO)
- Message for xx% store Sale has grocery store name missing (SimGirl21)
- Fires occurring in odd spots (Shadowkeepernoir)
- No Food in fridge (CLM1227)
- Drinks from Barista bar disappear on being served (catloverplayer, Heyuknow4, Kael, DivaOfDarkness)
- Sims put down drinks and stuff from barista bar without reason (GingaNinja96)
- Spraying Sims does not get arrested (ZeekSlider, serenamoonrose20)
- Sims disappear after being arrested for spraying (NJSimmer, amberann1011)
--> Existing issue. Same happens with teens.
--> Missing Sims - Empty text bubbles (Arabelle_Amara, ec1ipsse, BrandyD83)
- Car goes missing (chasingAJ)
- "Behaving inappropriately" bubble from Sim who lives on the lot when Sim checks the job board. (chasingAJ)
- Union Building and Uni Library act like rabbitholes except when active Sim in in there (SmithMarsh)
- Exporting a house with half-finished spray-art makes the game treat it as new street spray area (ZeekSlider)
- Sims from the same house seem to autogroup if they leave the house at the same time (minimomemu)
- Inviting the Mascot into the house and canceling photo action made tile unusable (julienrob2004)
- Masterpiece books never have the special cover (LunyKimberly)
- Relationships and Seasons reset on loadup (strophic)
- Clock gets stuck (Trumpets0ng)
- Sim have random age on coming home (elanorbreton)
- Oval spot SocialJigTwoPerson blocking the way (Terrylin, Terrylin, oreosncreamforjo55)
--> Try to delete with moveObjects
- Toddler and Teen got Uni Diploms after switching back from an excursus to another family (Kookookiki)
- Mailbox always full of love letters (BrandyD83)
- Jump Bug on negotiating contracts (GrandmaSnoodle)
- Fine for arresting for spraying does not get deducted (GingaNinja96)
- Cloning and adopting adds blank portrait (ElfCharm666)
- Sims with the Irresistible trait can ask anyone out on a date on the phone, including family (Snapdragon)
- No pop-up or adding of treasure on opening chests (CLM1227)
- (1.48 issue) Simbots don't fill their social needs by talking to appliances (sweetlittlecherry)
- Miner Cavern can be looted far too many times (Bonabopn)
- Ore's and Minerals found in caverns don't count towards collection journal (Bonabopn)
Supernaturals spawn in Uni town despite being turned off (Jadeleine)
- Sims don't go in circles anymore on the ice skating rink (Mstybl95)
- Leaves now appear inside the house (ceejay402)
- Sims not cooling off when swimming (faytheful)
- Sims won't change into their outerwear even though it is snowing and they are not getting the cold moodlet and are generally confused what to wear (bngbedard, Bonabopn)
- Snow in Aurora Skies looks ugly (BUYER BEWARE: Aurora Skies's Ugly Snow Problem)
--> This is not an issue with the patch but an issue with Aurora skies. If you have anything to add to this issue, please post in the linked thread.
--> According to the gurus it's actually a bug in Seasons that affects certain worlds. EA is looking into the cause
- NPCs use umbrellas all the time (conz888)
--> Are those really umbrellas or rather parasols ?
- No more festival and holidays (Stumbleduck)
- Sim rather eats outside in snow and rain than inside (Bonabopn)
Unsure if bugs
- Sim can't pick where he wants to live (Pillbug2)
- Missing option to advertise for room mates (strophic)
--> Missing cause there are already people assigned (CrazyInLove12)
- Social groups have different difficulties (ZeekSlider)
- No nerds in Uni town (ZeekSlider)
- Sims get 10x the pay (Quesita)
- NPCs Sims never answer although raising hands (strophic)
- Hunger bubbles for Sims on hunger strike (kellza)
- Class times seem off (janvel831)
--> Sims leave 2 hours early (crinrict)
- Only one Sim can be assigned to a bed (catloverplayer, utterlyunzipped)
--> Possible to assign two but one needs to really click on the sides of the bed (Nirar22)
- Werewolf sim managed to find about 70 extraordinarily unusual bugs (and lots of common ones) while hunting solo, but only two rares and no uncommons. Gems and metals were not affected by this problem (Bonabopn)
This message was edited 54 times. Last update was at 04/02/13 10:03 AM
Needs more research. If anyone want to do a thread about it to collect data, I'll gladly link
Sim Corruption comes in all kinds of flavors and has been going on for a while. Sims get stuck (on objects, on beds, on each other), jump out of interactions, turn invisible and as a ultimate corruption you loose your UI. There's a loooong thread on the issue in the technical forum: Lags & Invisible, Frozen & Stuck Sims. I can't help out over there right now but there are lots of people with long time experience with the issue. You also find some info on it linked in the first post.
What can you do when it happens to you ? First thing you can try (if you are not opposed to mods that is) is try if Twallan's ErrorTrap or Overwatch can save anything. It's important that you are patch level 1.26 to use ErrorTrap. You might find ScriptErrors after that in your documents folder. Post them in Twallan's forum. He can help you out. NOT here, I can't really read most of them.
That didn't work If you are attached to your family/town, I would suggest, moving everything to a new town. Unfortunatly with the EA approach you loose all your relationships this way (you won't loose any skills this way). You could also use the Twallan's Porter to achieve the same AND keep your relationships.
Na, still nothing Then I would suggest, resetting your user data and start a brand new game. I can be hard, I know but sometimes it's the only way to still enjoy the game.
The corruption might come back after a while so I do recommend using Overwatch to prevent most of the causes of this corruption.
If really nothing helps at all, you might need to reinstall your game, clean your registry and defrag your computer.
Not fixed with Patch 1.50
- Stylist Career for non-english games
- Online Dating profile still can't be removed (unclear at this point)
- Stuck Bills
- Age changes on using tattoo chair etc.
- Opportunities still not completing on Multi-Rabbitholes (Ricalynn)
- Leaves still stay on the ground in spring on community lots --> happening in non-modded games (svlyn, rosahege, Rickatl)
- Still swim wear parties on a 10 days seasons circle in Winter (svlyn)
- Sims still sometimes still turn while walking through doorways (ScaperClaudia, Toffeemuffin)
--> Seems inconclusive to the gurus. If anyone wants to make it's own thread on this, I'll gladly link.
--> Seems ok in the beginning and then starts happening again (Jazmyne4u2)
- Use of Harvester makes Sim not use their car anymore (bdot875)
- Inventory gets shuffled on returning home just like in WA (ZeekSlider)
- Enterable community lot that also have rabbitholes cannot be invested in as a lot and rabbitholes does not have a map tag (LunyKimberly)
- Firefighters can't respond to emergencys (Link)
--> Thread on the issue: Fire Alarm glitch? - Playing video games shows black screen (halloweenchild)
- Ghost Hunter Career
- Mailbox Issue
- Stuck Onmiplants (still happening: rosahege)
- Dresser age resetting might be partially fixed. Try changing the tab or restart the game if the age changes (Ricalynn)
- Sims carrying babies will no longer attempt to use bikes
- Fixed a problem where sims who gained a sufficiently large amount of celebrity in one hit could exceed Level 5
- The Photobooth will no longer partner up sims when used
- Harvesting an ingredient without Supernatural installed will no longer bounce the sim (the "CollectedFromHarvest" error)
- The Mushroom and Harvest data for Collecting skill is now exported and imported when a sim travels or is saved to the library.
- The importing of Rock data for Collecting skill has also been fixed.
This message was edited 25 times. Last update was at 03/21/13 08:34 PM
Please remember to remove all mods if they are not updated. Updated also does not mean free of errors. Scripting & CoreMods need to be verified by the creator.
- Issues with Lifetime Wishes --> Outdated memory mods. After loosing a LTW because of a Mod, you need to reapply in CAS
- Issues with Lifetime Rewards
- Issues with Jumping out of Actions
- Issues with missing skills
- Issues with missing Interactions
- Missing effects --> NoMosaic, NoEffects - Zoom going crazy --> Scan for spirits increased - Elixir store is never open --> NoPaparazzi - Missing books --> Any book mods as well as new custom books such as the Harry Potter book (that's a mod too)
- Empty class schedule lists
--> Caused by KT's Store Fix or other mods
- have no social groups --> Probably a skilling mod.
- cmomoney Animations Player causes crashes and weird behavior (VixTrill)
Errors caused by Twallan's Mods
Twallan plays Sim City atm. There are no updates. He's entitled to that!!!
- MC Integration: Prevents the new parties
- ErrorTrap: Resets Sims going to the Welcome Meeting and other resetting issues
- WrittenWord and/or AntiMagicScroll: Reason for Sims not being able to go to classes ?
- PortraitPanel: Makes Room Mates show up in the Portrait Panel. They should not be there.
- Traveler v57: Sims arrive at the Uni world with no skills
Mods that should also not be used in Uni world: Woohooer, StoryProgression & Register.
This message was edited 6 times. Last update was at 03/10/13 10:16 AM
Joined: 08/17/09 04:28 PM
I am not sure if I did this right...I did read what you posted though:
1. Are you using any Custom Content or mods ? Yes but I already uninstalled all of them.
2. If you are using mods, are you using any of the 'big ones' like Awesome Mod or Twallan’s mods? Yes but I already took them out of my folder.
3. If you're not using mod, did you never use them or did you take them out for the EP (as you are supposed to do)? Yes I did.
4. Did you update the mods you put back with a compatible version ? Yup.
5. Do you have Seasons or just the Patch ? I have Seasons and the patch.
6. Which Patch Level are you at ? 1.48
7. Did you start a new game or are you playing an existing ones ? I am playing an existing one.
8. Did you transfer an existing Sim over or are they new/Pre-Made ? I made new ones.
9. What town are you currently playing ? EA or Custom ? EA world: I believe Twinbrook.
10. What is your Operating System (Mac, XP, Vista, Win 7) Win 7.
11. Do you have the download or DVD Version of the game.
DVD Version of everyone (but the stuff packs). Download of WA
I get the file error like most people when downloading 1.50.
I really appreciate people like you trying to help us! Thank you so much!
EDIT: I have the beach stuff pack thing...I don't remember whats its called.
This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 02/19/13 06:42 PM
what is the styling career bug, cause I can't find one and I have a dutch game. also is the SN plant bug fixed?
edit: I always look into this thread for more info about the patches and what is still buggy, you help everyone so much here, thanks
This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 02/19/13 07:35 PM