Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
Easy step by step instructions how to update to patch 1.50  XML
Post Reply Forum Index » Technical Discussions (EN)
mcrudd

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/0/648423.page

Good news everyone, the patch is officially fixed, you can download the big one now or wait till a bit later in the week and then patch the smaller one

Important update:
It looks like EA is busy releasing the superpatch to the launchers, so if you get the option to download the update and its about 1.2gb in size then you should be able to download without any problems. If its the smaller one then you can still follow these steps below or wait until your launcher is updated with the superpatch

Hi all, this post is mostly for those of you who is unsure about patching with the super patch since the ea launcher patch is faulty for most regions.

Firstly it has been confirmed that the super patch is an official patch so you don't have to be scared to download and use it. Here is a quote from our very own crinrict confirming it
crinrict wrote:AGAIN:

The super patch is NOT an unoffical patch. If your game is unpatched, you will be offered the super patch through the launcher yourself. The super patch is just a patch that includes all previous updates for all regions and languages (hence the size) while the incremental one that is offered through the launcher if you are patched to 1.47 or 1.48 just contains the changes made since the last one.

Now where do you find the super patch. I found mine here
http://simsvip.com/2013/02/19/sims-3-game-update-1-50-21913/com
ment-page-2/

This is what the page looked like and I circled with red which one you need to download.

I saved it to my dekstop. Note I did not run it, I SAVED it.

This is what the icon looked like on my desktop

Now all you do is double click and it will install just like it would have with the launcher.

When you load your launcher next time it will say that your game is up to date and if you hover with the mouse over your base game the little pop up will give you the latest patch number

That will look like this

I hope this makes it more clear for everyone.

I know this thread will probably drown in between the others, so if you find it helpful in any way just give it a bump

Update

: A quote from a fellow simmer who found the problem to some of the "installed version of the game could not be determined" errors. Thank you TipTopToby

TipTopToby wrote:

"If you should receive a patch error message stating that the installed version of the game could not be determined, it is advised that you run the patcher as an administrator. You can do this by logging into Windows via an administrator account or by right-clicking on the patch installer and then selecting "Run as Administrator."

Hope this helps.

This message was edited 12 times. Last update was at 02/20/13 11:58 PM

ceejay402

thanks mcrudd! this is great!!!

and just in case this is helpful the tech forum here has updated the link to the super patch
http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/175477.page

UPDATE - ohh i forgot to add im adding this link to my thread, thanks again!

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 02/20/13 12:43 AM

mcrudd

ceejay402 wrote:thanks mcrudd! this is great!!!

and just in case this is helpful the tech forum here has updated the link to the super patch
http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/175477.page

UPDATE - ohh i forgot to add im adding this link to my thread, thanks again!

Its a pleasure, I will be glad if it only helps a handful of people especially those that play vanilla games and are weary of using superpatch to patch their games.
Joybearr

Bump
Only_Ultim8

This is what the page looked like and I circled with red which one you need to download.

My stopping point.. what mixes *me up is what it says above that 'remove custom content' In the launcher it states:
"To disable your custom content, undo whatever you did to install this content to get your game back into an unmodified state. If you placed it in a Sims 3 directory folder, move it to a new folder that is outside your Sims 3 file directory."

I'm not uneducated but get lost in exactly what this means. Does it mean delete all of the packages and other downloads? or does it mean move a specific folder outside of the Sims 3 one then install the update... if so, which one(s)?

Without moving any folders I get a 'Invalid file found' error and it doesn't finish installing.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 02/20/13 12:58 AM

mcrudd

Only_Ultim8 wrote:
My stopping point.. what mixes *me up is what it says above that 'remove custom content' In the launcher it states:
"To disable your custom content, undo whatever you did to install this content to get your game back into an unmodified state. If you placed it in a Sims 3 directory folder, move it to a new folder that is outside your Sims 3 file directory."

I'm not uneducated but get lost in exactly what this means. Does it mean delete all of the packages and other downloads? or does it mean move a specific folder outside of the Sims 3 one then install the update... if so, which one(s)?

Without moving any folders I get a 'Invalid file found' error and it doesn't finish installing.

Before you double click on the patch to install it. You need to remove any mods you might use in your game. Those are usually in a mods folder. So just cut and paste that folder to your desktop. If you use a lot of cc its adviced to remove that as well while patching. that is also usually in the mods folder or some people have it in their downloads folder so just cut and paste that one to the desktop. Once all the files are save on your desktop then you double click and install the patch. Once the patch is installed you just cut and paste your folders back to where they were.

If you use mods like Twallan and so on, its adviced to not put them back until they are updated, but cc should be fine to put back again.

If you downloaded the super patch the big file which I circled red you should not be getting the invalid file error. Did you download the right one? I made the mistake of downloading my region one the first time and still got the error, but if you download the all regions superpatch it should work

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 02/20/13 01:03 AM

Cherushiisan

Thank you muchly!
Though it says it will take two (make that one, it must have sensed my frustration)hours to open.

I kept getting the "invalid file" error. First time something like this has happened to me. Glad there are people around to help!

Now to get rid of my mods for the moment.

Ace.
Barron.
Riley

"The Flying Fates"
ErnesaT

Location:Click my Siggy for the DEC 2013 Flash Mob SIGGY BY KLB685

Thank you so much. I was getting that stupid error message too. I was starting to get frustrated.

raybigbear

It worked thank you Mcrudd
ElijahsBabyGurl9

~^_^~ Here's a bump for the thread. This is a great thing to know. My update installed without any problems. I could not do it through the launcher because I keep getting the "Cannot Connect to Origin" error. Wish I knew what causes that...

mcrudd

Glad to have helped some fellow simmers. Thanks for the bumps too

Joybearr

I have an iMac. I downloaded it and whenever i try to open it, it starts to extract with KEKA(and fails). Could you please help?
mcrudd

Joybearr wrote:I have an iMac. I downloaded it and whenever i try to open it, it starts to extract with KEKA(and fails). Could you please help?

I am so sorry. I have no idea if this will work with Mac. I hope someone with Mac experience can help you. Once again I am sorry I can't help you

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 02/20/13 02:06 AM

SassyPenguin96

Mcrudd, Thanks it worked! I am updated now by using the Super Patch!
Joybearr

mcrudd wrote:
Joybearr wrote:I have an iMac. I downloaded it and whenever i try to open it, it starts to extract with KEKA(and fails). Could you please help?

I am so sorry. I have no idea if this will work with Mac. I hope someone with Mac experience can help you. Once again I am sorry I can't help you

Thank you. It's okay I have deleted KEKA and am downloading the patch again. Hopefully it works -Bump-

Post Reply Forum Index » Technical Discussions (EN)
Go to: