Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
Dumpster Diving?  XML
Post Reply Forum Index » General Discussion (EN)
Pamlee7

Where are the dumpsters? I know I know - dumb question - but do the older worlds have dumpsters? Is there one world that has more?

Has anyone actually tried this yet? If 'yes' what did you find?

Just curious as the "blurb" says something about finding furniture and appliances (or something similar). Sounds a little like the Junkyard Repair that was "taken away"???

Thanks in advance for any info you have found.
PHOEBESMOM601

I'm playing in Moonlight Falls and so far I've found two sets of dumpsters that are "diveable". The two at Varg's Tavern and the one at the grocery store/restaurant.

I've found several decor items and a couple of collectables so far but I've only gone diving once. Some people have reported even finding cars.

The difference between the junk yard items and the dumpster is that you don't have to fix or repair the dumpster items.
Firlow

I don't mean to sound rude, but lucky you. Lucky FLIPPING you. You have the cool new patch and I can't even get it! Anyway, hateless rage aside, they are found around buildings.

How ya doin?
PHOEBESMOM601

Firlow wrote:I don't mean to sound rude, but lucky you. Lucky FLIPPING you. You have the cool new patch and I can't even get it! Anyway, hateless rage aside, they are found around buildings.

I'm sorry if you're frustrated but it does come across as rude. I tried downloading the patch several times and got the invalid file message that many others are getting. I finally did a reset on my game and downloaded the superpatch. My game is now running without any of the issues that I've had since I installed Seasons.

Maybe you should try it. It's a valid patch and easy to install. It takes a while to download and once it's finished you double click on the file and it installs. Pretty easy fix.

Step outside of your comfort zone. Ask why. Don't accept,"because that's the way it's always been". Think outside the box.
Firlow

PHOEBESMOM601 wrote:
Firlow wrote:I don't mean to sound rude, but lucky you. Lucky FLIPPING you. You have the cool new patch and I can't even get it! Anyway, hateless rage aside, they are found around buildings.

I'm sorry if you're frustrated but it does come across as rude. I tried downloading the patch several times and got the invalid file message that many others are getting. I finally did a reset on my game and downloaded the superpatch. My game is now running without any of the issues that I've had since I installed Seasons.

Maybe you should try it. It's a valid patch and easy to install. It takes a while to download and once it's finished you double click on the file and it installs. Pretty easy fix.
Where do you get it?

How ya doin?
PHOEBESMOM601

Firlow wrote: Where do you get it?

I was just looking through some posts and couldn't find the link. Maybe this will help you.

http://sims3.crinrict.com/en/2013/02/patch-1-50.html

Step outside of your comfort zone. Ask why. Don't accept,"because that's the way it's always been". Think outside the box.
EmmaBarbie

Also try around dinner's or bistro's. In sunset valley I found one behind the theater I think.

<-Click!
Firlow

PHOEBESMOM601 wrote:

I was just looking through some posts and couldn't find the link. Maybe this will help you.

For 1.3 GB? I don't think so I will wait until EA does something about it, that is not that. If they don't I will be forced to do so.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 02/22/13 04:00 PM

How ya doin?
PHOEBESMOM601

Firlow wrote:
PHOEBESMOM601 wrote:

For 1.3 GB? I don't think so I will wait until EA does something about it, that is not that. If they don't I will be forced to do so.

I found this link

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/175477.page

"Cumulative Base Game 1.50.56 Super Patcher for The Sims 3

For those who are unable to patch the base game to version 1.50.56 either via Origin or via the use of manual incremental patches, here is the official EA download link for the base game standalone cumulative Super Patcher:

http://akamai.cdn.ea.com/eadownloads/u/f/sims/sims.../TS3_1.50.
56.0210xx_update.exe

IMPORTANT: The Super Patcher is designed to work with the base game of any version number and any game region. After applying the cumulative patch your base game will be brought to version 1.50.56. To verify the base game version number, run the launcher and then hover the mouse pointer over the base game icon located in the bottom left corner of the launcher window."

It might be awhile so I guess it depends on how much you want to play your game.

ErnesaT

Location:Click my Siggy for the DEC 2013 Flash Mob SIGGY BY KLB685

PHOEBESMOM601

That was nice of you to post that. It was probably for nothing though. Apparently Firlow is too busy being angry to care.

Firlow

PHOEBESMOM601 wrote:

That was nice of you to post that. It was probably for nothing though. Apparently Firlow is too busy being angry to care.
Oi its too much on my pc as I want almost all of the eps so I need as much space as I can!

How ya doin?
PHOEBESMOM601

Firlow wrote:Oi its too much on my pc as I want almost all of the eps so I need as much space as I can!

I'm sorry if it's not going to work for you but you posted a rude remark about a post I made earlier. I was trying to help the OP and you responded with....

I don't mean to sound rude, but lucky you. Lucky FLIPPING you. You have the cool new patch and I can't even get it! Anyway, hateless rage aside, they are found around buildings.

I then went to the trouble to try and find the link for you so you could find out about the patch and that didn't make you happy either.

litabelaqua

Firlow wrote:
PHOEBESMOM601 wrote:

Oi its too much on my pc as I want almost all of the eps so I need as much space as I can!

Firlow I think you may find that you need patch 1.50 to play University if you plan to get it.

I understand your frustration, there was a point yesterday when kicking my pc out the window seemed like a really really good idea...... but you shouldnt be rude to people who help you, even if you are really ticked off

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 02/22/13 05:09 PM

Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!
Pamlee7

LOL - back on track = Thanks for the dumpster info - I will try it now as I am just going to get into my game.

Anyone found a World with more dumpsters or do they seem to be pretty equal?

Thanks again for the info!

Post Reply Forum Index » General Discussion (EN)
Go to: