Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
NPC Roommates?  XML
Post Reply Forum Index » Supernatural
Shelya

My Sim has a roommate, and I don't know where they're coming from.

Everything was going fine, and then suddenly I get a notification saying "Here's your roommates rent!". I'd recently gotten married, so I thought maybe the game is glitching, since technically he's a new Sim to the house.

But no! They're listed as a part of the household, but they aren't a controllable sim. I 'deleted' the first one, but then another Sim took their place.

As far as I can tell, I can't ask them to leave. They're always unemployed, like most NPC's/Sims, so they just stick around the house.

Did I activate something, or maybe there's an option I don't know about? Because I don't want them there.

(Also, I should point out that until now, I didn't know you could even have NPC roomates that paid rent).

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 02/25/13 01:17 AM

secretuk1965

it came with the new patch,you can have roomates but they don't work as well without university, if you want to get rid of the roommate save your game close it down, then reload it the roomate then will be an active player so you then can move it out via edit town or just find it a home via computer, when university comes in all the rest of the actions will work this will probably include asking them to leave.

Till then they only stay npc until you save and reload then they become active sims and controlable.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 02/25/13 06:04 PM

AmaraRena

So a roommate just appeared without you asking them to move in? ACK! That would drive me crazy! So far it hasn't happened to me but if it does I will be much annoyed!

If you friend request me please send me a note telling me why you are and a little bit about you. Thank you!
LaBlue0314

AmaraRena wrote:So a roommate just appeared without you asking them to move in? ACK! That would drive me crazy! So far it hasn't happened to me but if it does I will be much annoyed!

It is true, I just had it happen in my game. She just showed up out of the blue. As soon as I get back into my game, I'm moving her OUT OF THERE. lol These roommates will also count to the number of your household of 8. My sim wants more grand babies, and this roommate is keeping that from happening.

SimiLova

Ah man. I know I did the update on the patch last night myself. And saw the roommate and set ownership of the bed options now in the game. But I sooo don't want random sims thinking they are my sim's roommate. Could be convenient as she is a vamp and could have a leave in person to drink from. But still the randomness of these latest patches is not cool.

Post Reply Forum Index » Supernatural
Go to: