Hi All – I’ve seen many conversations popping up about our game feature called Story Progression and the fact that the option to turn it off doesn’t work. We’ve been investigating this and have found that the toggle is not doing what it was intended to do. We are working to address this asap but in the meantime there is a workaround for PCs.
1) Find your game executable. It should be here: C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin
2) Create a shortcut on your desktop to the TS3.exe. 3) Right-Click on the shortcut and choose “Properties”
4) In the top line “Target:” go to the end of the line and add this tag –disablestoryprogression ** You Simmers have been awesome and pointed out you need to make sure there is a space BEFORE the dash in your target line. Thanks guys!
5) From this point on you will need to run your game from this shortcut and NOT through your launcher.
There isn’t a work around for Mac at this time.
I realize this is a certainly not ideal but it will address the issue while we are working on a real fix.
I also want to mention that there are a few events that can still occur even if story progression is completely off.
- Any pre-made pregnant Sims will still have their babies.
- If Aging is on, Sims will still die.
- As YOUR Sims get new jobs, other Sims in the neighborhood may have their careers reassigned to become your boss or co-workers.
Thanks so much for your patience.
PS. If you want your story progression back on you need to remove this tag from your shortcut.
This message was edited 4 times. Last update was at 07/20/09 11:29 PM
Joined: 06/02/09 07:45 PM
Location:Have you checked your moms basement lately?
Please build in options to effect the individual sims and not neighborhood wide story progression. Or at the very very least, add in an option that just turns off story progression for my own custom sims (for those that want to use it).
This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 06/05/09 05:37 AM
awsome18 wrote:wat is the diffrence between macs and pcs? and wat about dells?
sorry i dont have the y chromosome.
Hahaha. Thats okay. Macs have a totally different platform than PCs. It looks way different. Alot of people say they are more creative and i think they are too. They have the ability to not get any viruses. But when you download stuff you got to get the Mac version. Check out more at apple.com/Mac
This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 06/05/09 12:48 AM
Jalida wrote:Please build in options to effect the individual sims and not neighborhood wide story progression. Or at the very very least, add in an option that just turns off story progression for my own custom sims (for those that want to use it).
The only problem with that though is that your friends will all die and change, so when you go back to your family your friends won't be around, and your boss, coworkers, and whoever will be gone. So, any relationships you had built might not exist anymore. I think it's too hard to just have one family not be affected by story progression and have the rest of the communty be affected.
Joined: 06/01/09 03:43 AM
I would hate to get rid of story progression because it's such an amazing feature. But can you please fix some of the issues in the latest patch? I find it kind of odd how my Sim's girlfriend has a Child (not baby) when she's single.