Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
Can't Employ Sims  XML
Post Reply Forum Index » General Discussion (EN)
tamhag

Hi all! So, while I'm new to the forums, I've played the Sims ever since the very first version. I've been playing Sims 3 since it came out, so I'm familiar with how to do the various career biz. But if this isn't the appropriate place to start this please just let me know!

Here's my problem: I have Singer Sims and found Aurora Skies wanting. For one, the Proprietor at Mick's Karaoke got a bug where she was persistently hosting a SimFest so I couldn't audition there. I tried the "reset sim" trick but it wouldn't reset her. I deleted her and she just wouldn't come back. Blurg!

So then I decided to just save my household to the bin and play in Starlight Shores. Perfect! Except...it says all four Sims in my household (all adults) are unemployed. Neither the newspaper nor computer have the option to search for a job and I don't have a quit job option. I tried to join the Stylist profession, the only place offering an option, but it was a glitch that reset once my Sims got to the salon.

So I need help! How can I reset them? I really don't want to start all over again with their skills and stuff if I can help it.

Thanks so much!
tamhag

No help?
A_Mom

Have you tried clicking on one of the career lots and getting a job that way? For example, click on the movie theater to join the music career?

Also, you could try moving you sims out to the clipboard and then moving them back. Sometimes that helps sort these bugs out.
Rflong7

Hi

That's so strange the new worlds doesn't show any jobs. Do any of your worlds show jobs- maybe start a new save and see if it's all your saves?

Do you have and CC or Mods? Maybe you have something that's stopping jobs.

You can reset the lots/proprietors by going to Edit Town and putting the lot in the bin, deleting the lot, then placing the saved lot back down. That should reset it.

Now, if the jobs aren't showing but there are lots for it, that's another problem.
tamhag

I'll try both of those; the lots are there. For example, the Hoi Polloi theater (or whatever it's called) just says, "Summon Proprietor," with no other options. But I'll try removing the lot with my sims (to the bin) and then replacing it in SS and then I'll go to AS and try replacing the Karaoke bar.
Rflong7

It can take a hours to a day for proprietors to show up the first day...

Post Reply Forum Index » General Discussion (EN)
Go to: