Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
Plant Sims Babies(Repro)  XML
Post Reply Forum Index » University Life
ReneeMoe

So I guess plant sims do not give birth to babies. It seems that when my two plant sims 'try for baby' the woman plantsim gets a forbidden fruit to plant I guess. Though not all the time I get the 'baby jingle'. Has anyone else tried this?
ReneeMoe

*bump*
irishluck1986

I have a plant sim male and a human female. I tried for baby and there were bells but she never became pregnant. So I am guessing you cant get pregnant.
SapphireDCM

She won't get pregnant. You have to plant the forbidden fruit seed in order to get a baby.

StephenTM

Yup, they're plants. So the only way to get a PlantSim is to grow them.

My male PlantSim used the gene splicing mechanism on that machine and planted two forbidden fruit and grew two sons four days later. They're so cute!
lattesandcoco

How do you get plant sims? I haven't seen a one and I don't know how to get my sim to turn into a plant sim. Any help on this matter would be greatly appreciated
StephenTM

Way to get a PlantSim:

1. Buy the science object from university.

2. Study science until you reach level 9.

3. Obtain a seed (any type of seed, probably best to find more than one just in case something goes awry). Gene splice the seed until it turns into a Forbidden Fruit seed.

4. Analyze the Forbidden Fruit seed. There will be a sample of the seed in your inventory. Clone this sample. It'll turn into a fruit.

5. Eat it.

Four hours later you're a PlantSim.

To have a baby, either have two PlantSims of the opposite gender have woohoo, which results in a Forbidden Fruit seed being put inside the female's inventory, and planting it (level 7 or above), and waiting four days (don't forget to water and tend garden). When the option to harvest appears, click THAT (DO NOT tend garden at this point). A PlantSim baby will most likely be pulled from the dirt.

To have a single PlantSim grow a PlantSim baby, just do the gene splicing experiment and plant the Forbidden Fruit when you get one.

IMPORTANT NOTE: Who ever harvests the PlantSim will be its parent in-game, so make sure who you want the parent to be is the one who harvests it.

miitxn29

Location:Searching for my white collarless shirt from Fred Segal.

Wow, nice information on this, thanks! I have not played Uni much yet but I was wondering how to do the whole PlantSim thing and you just answered that so yay!

PhotogSim

StephenTM wrote:Way to get a PlantSim:

1. Buy the science object from university.

2. Study science until you reach level 9.

3. Obtain a seed (any type of seed, probably best to find more than one just in case something goes awry). Gene splice the seed until it turns into a Forbidden Fruit seed.

4. Analyze the Forbidden Fruit seed. There will be a sample of the seed in your inventory. Clone this sample. It'll turn into a fruit.

5. Eat it.

Four hours later you're a PlantSim.

To have a baby, either have two PlantSims of the opposite gender have woohoo, which results in a Forbidden Fruit seed being put inside the female's inventory, and planting it (level 7 or above), and waiting four days (don't forget to water and tend garden). When the option to harvest appears, click THAT (DO NOT tend garden at this point). A PlantSim baby will most likely be pulled from the dirt.

To have a single PlantSim grow a PlantSim baby, just do the gene splicing experiment and plant the Forbidden Fruit when you get one.

IMPORTANT NOTE: Who ever harvests the PlantSim will be its parent in-game, so make sure who you want the parent to be is the one who harvests it.

Small correction, you only need to have level 3 in science to do the gene splicing to get the forbidden fruit not level 9.
StephenTM

You can't clone the sample at level 3, though.
lattesandcoco

@StephenTM Thank you so much for all that helpful info!!

@PhotogSim Thank you
ReneeMoe

I'm going to try to see what happens when you try to have plant sim and normal sim have a child. Really courious! lol
honeybee1564

science machine is avaliable in buy mode under hobbies and skills
sirona66

nice info

TabithaRavenwood

http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=7083086#Awesom
e%20Garden/%20Fairy%20arboretum%20with%20Forbidden%20Fruit.Gon
na%20give%20it%20a%20try.

This is an awesome garden that someone made that has all of the trees from every expansion including university life.

The forbidden seeds are located in a treasure chest near the front of the building.

Post Reply Forum Index » University Life
Go to: