Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
Sims 3 University Life Glitches-MAJOR  XML
Post Reply Forum Index » University Life
GingaNinja96

Hi. I pre-ordered the Sims 3 University Life, eager to begin gameplay. The first week of playing was flawless. But now, all it does is glitch, bug, and cause me problems and frustration.

Here are some of the glitches and issues I am encountering:
1) It randomly freezes up all the time and crashes my whole computer.
2) The game itself crashes after freezing
3) The time gets stuck at 12:59am
4) My sim finally received enough credit to graduate, was a level 8 rebel, and it was time to go home. But then the van never took her home from the university world and every time I hit "Go Home" she would just go to a random lot. I figured it was a bug so I "resetsim *" but then everyone disappeared. She was no longer in her avatar box, she was unplayable. I went to the main menu and the game said that the world I was playing in gad no selected family being played, but it wouldn't let me change active household.
5) Sometimes my Sims grades slip to disgusting levels although they study and go to class everyday.
6) One time, my game was a few seconds away from crashing, my sim was using his business presentation thing. He was at a class activity session then it started making very loud beeping and buzzing sounds. I hit pause, it still made the sounds. I unpaused, and my game crashed.
7) Sometimes the snack bar barista refuses to give my sim what he/she ordered.
Sometimes, after my sim orders something at the snack bar, he/she puts it down (for no apparent reason?) and then the barista cleans it up.
9) Whenever my sim is making street art but gets caught, she is told she is being fined 1000 simoleons, but the money is never taken away.
10) Whenever my sims try to woohoo on a dormitory lot, it says there is no potential lover on the lot. (But they are a couple and have full relationship status)

Keep in mind, I have no mods or custom content. Only the Sims 3 stuff and expansion packs.

Also, the "Party Pack" content does not appear in my game? I pre-ordered the game, so I got the Limited Edition that was supposed to come with the party pack. How do I download it?

I have been a Sims addict for over 8 years, and I hate that I am unable to enjoy the game due to these bugs and crashes. I have deleted cache, temporary, etc files on my computer; run several virus scans; cleaned everything out of my recycle bin and nothing helps. I just want to play the game without having to be smothered with frustration.

Thank you in advance for any advice, help, or sympathy. Let me know if you are experiencing similar issues! I need to know I'm not alone.
ddsims3world

You check w/ this thread for any relation solution to your problem?

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/647877.page

Sims Wanted Posters: http://tinyurl.com/mdcawcr / Mortimer Goth stories: http://tinyurl.com/74rwckr
KATENESS

Sorry you're having so many issues. I wish I could help with them.

As for the Party Pack stuff, that has to be registered and downloaded separately. It doesn't just come with the game. I think in your game box there should have been a flyer with the information on the website to go to. All you have to do from there is type in the code on that page. Then it should be in your purchase history and you can download it from there. I hope that helps!

Karritz

The party pack is available when you click the link provided in the email you should have got when UL was released. When you get to the link you have to redeem the code you got in your email. You don't do it through Origin. If you try to redeem the code through Origin it accepts the code but doesn't give you the party pack and when you finally put it into the correct place it says the code has been used. So then you have to get onto live chat or customer support to get a new code. There is another thing you get a link and a code for in that email too.

The registration reward is there when you register.

I preordered through Origin and downloaded UL. but I have not tried to send anyone to University yet. My stay at home sims are getting extra traits awarded to them and I thought you had to go to uni and graduate for that.

There seems to be a lot of issues with the EP.

Another thing that happened is my game started crashing constantly and I have never had a problem before. I just got my computer upgraded. In the end I solved the problem by change the DEP setting. I am using Windows 7. I had a huge log file in my Sims 3 folder that seemed to say a dll was missing - but I think now that it was just being blocked by the security. This is the first time I've had to adjust this security thing since I started playing Sims 3 in June 2009. But there could be many other reasons why you are having problems. It seems to be common at the moment.

Arletta

You're probably best off making a post in technical rather than General. That's not to say that it won't get moved there, but there we are. You can't move it there yourself.

Whether you do or don't post in technical as well you really need to post a dxdiag and copy and paste it here so ppl can see your computer specs. Depending on the type of crash it could be an indication that the problem is with your computer rather than the game.

Some of the things you listed (4 and 7) are actually known UL/Travel issues. Good luck.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 03/19/13 06:48 AM

To err is human. To blame a computer is even more human.

http://arlettats3.blogspot.co.uk/
GingaNinja96

ddsims3world wrote:You check w/ this thread for any relation solution to your problem?

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/647877.page

That was very helpful and informative. Thank you!!
GingaNinja96

KATENESS wrote:Sorry you're having so many issues. I wish I could help with them.

As for the Party Pack stuff, that has to be registered and downloaded separately. It doesn't just come with the game. I think in your game box there should have been a flyer with the information on the website to go to. All you have to do from there is type in the code on that page. Then it should be in your purchase history and you can download it from there. I hope that helps!

I bought from Origin so I don't have a game box. And when I contacted them for help they said that the content had to be unlocked by actions made in the game for the content to be available...but I don't think that sounds right. :/
GingaNinja96

Also, another issue I had was when my sim was moving to the university for the first time, he was just suddenly living in a rented house. I didn't get to choose where he lived? And there's no option to move him into a dormitory.
GingaNinja96

A few more things:

-After a shower or bath, the censoring blur stays on my Sims for about 5-10 sim minutes.
-Sometimes, when returning from University, it glitches, plays World Adventure music, and then acts like my Sim is leaving from an adventure...
-The Sim that my Sim is closest to throws a party EVERY SINGLE NIGHT! She's not even a jock. She never earns any jock influence. She's just throws parties every night and it gets really bothersome after 2 terms...

At this point, it feels like the game is unplayable, and it just upsets me because I miss uninterrupted gameplay.
coolgirl65

I just bought the game, and have no mods, and when I go into play,

the little screen where you avatar and username is displayed says welcome username

I can't move any sims into college, though they get there just fine.

I also can't play or place people into any home in sunset valley.

Does anyone else have these problems?

thingf1sh

I dont know if this helps but I had a lot of these problems before univesity came out and before showtime, a friend suggested that it might be the cpu struggling (athlon 64 bit +3800 single core) i got a new motherboard and intel core duo 2.4ghz and the problem improved then I got the Nraas errortrap and overwatch mods to catch the bugs and the game ended up running fine, its only since university the game has had very minor issues but still totally playable, I dont know if thats the case here but if it of any help i felt it would be worth mentioning
simsfreak2815

This is a new glitch i just discovered, the 2 week term at the university was ending and my sims were traveling home, the glitch is, it loaded oddly fast but then it didnt even load the neighborhood screen, like the hometown screen, it loaded the university neighborhood, and where it shows all the sims faces i could only see the face of my sim but i couldnt click on anything except for the menu button, it was basically showing green and yellow boxes for the other sims in the university dorm household so i thought going to the main menu would fix things but it just made it 100x worse.
When i went back to the game, when it loaded all i got was a picture of the neighborhood, literally nothing else, no menu button, so sims pictures. i could zoom in and zoom out and press the M button for the town view and pause but the red box that goes around the screen when you pause the game wasnt there, i could speed up time but nothing happens.

if anyone knows about this glitch or has expirenecd it please let me know how to fix it! i really dont want to remake my game thanks!
JessicaEyre83

There is a topic for bugs located first thing on the first page, stop clogging up the forum!
MATHIEUX

My time will get stuck at 3:02am EVERY.SINGLE.MORNING.
danidarling91

i just recently bought the sims 3 university life and noticed more bugs then usual.
at one point all my sims would constantly change into was their bathing suits, wether it was to go outside or to work.
returning from university life back to sunset valley, my sim girl never appeared and my sim guy was stuck on the lot not allowing me to do any interacts. their profile boxes were empty and everything. i couldnt even switch between the two. when i restarted they were ok for a little while and then out of nowhere it did it again. no picture of them in the boxes, no interactions. they wouldnt move and i couldnt do anything with them.
another one is when i was making one of my families have a child! at first i thought they were having twins, then a third came, then a fourth, fifth, sixth....etc. it just wouldnt stop delivering baby girls at the hospital! it could have gone on forver i swear! and i didnt even use a fertility treament.
i tried again with another family to see if it would do the same and it did!
completely ruind my excitement to continue playing the game. hope they come out with a patch soon

Post Reply Forum Index » University Life
Go to: