Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
gardener  XML
Post Reply Forum Index » Ideas & Feedback
IceSilverCrystal

hello EA devs! I was wondering why the gardener wasn't introduced to Sims 3 from the base game. I have a rather substantial garden and it makes my girl tired to harvest and plant all of them. Please bring back the gardener service! And maybe bigfoot ^^ kinda miss that big fellow ^^

Brid
Quizeburio

I agree. I always missed the gardener and bigfoot as well.

duhhkodaa

I was rather upset that the gardener wasn't introduced either. It takes up the whole day to take care of a rather large garden.
litabelaqua

Once at the consignment store my sim bought a thing called a harvester, but my game crashed before I could use it so I lost it and ive never seen one since. I think it is an inventable item though so I might get her to start inventing crap so i can get another one.

I dont know what it does, but im hoping its a quick way of harvesting fruit and veg.

If anyone has a harvester on an uploaded lot I would like to know so that I can get it.

Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!
lilgalcherelle

There's a mod over on modthesims that lets you call a gardener. They come over every day just like the maid service and will water, fertilise, weed & harvest your crops (the harvested crops go in your sims inventory). I love it, my sims would be screwed without it, they'd be outside all day!!

Magicman34

That's correct, there is an invention called the Harvester sometimes available at the consignment store or via inventing that allows for mass harvesting, the garden sprinkler or SwiftGro Gardening Station means you don't have to water, the SwiftGro Gardening Station allows you to fertilize a larger area in 1 move and only using 3 items, such as life fruit or sunlight. The gardening achievements help reduce weeds. It doesn't really leave much else for a sim to do, just planting and the smallest bit of weeding, you can even dispose of barren plants yourself while your sims are sleeping. If they make it so you don't need to do anything yourself then why have it in the game?

Would you want a sculpting station that did it for you or an easel that painted without the need for a sim?

If you have such a large garden it takes all day, my question would be why do you have one so large? I don't even have the harvester, but never seem to have any issue with Gardening.

I'd be interested to know what the issues are and why they exist.

lilgalcherelle wrote:There's a mod over on modthesims that lets you call a gardener. They come over every day just like the maid service and will water, fertilise, weed & harvest your crops (the harvested crops go in your sims inventory). I love it, my sims would be screwed without it, they'd be outside all day!!

Is this a mod that unlocks a hidden/not in use game feature or one that creates a gardener??

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 03/27/13 08:19 PM

Rflong7

Hi

I can actually see why they didn't add the Gardener- no bushes or flowers in the game need pruning or watering. Only the gardening plants for the skill need work. So, they figured it's not really needed.

But, I can see how having too large a garden for one Sim would make a player want a gardener. The gardener was always a favorite of mine in TS2.
lilgalcherelle

Magicman34 wrote:
lilgalcherelle wrote:There's a mod over on modthesims that lets you call a gardener. They come over every day just like the maid service and will water, fertilise, weed & harvest your crops (the harvested crops go in your sims inventory). I love it, my sims would be screwed without it, they'd be outside all day!!

Is this a mod that unlocks a hidden/not in use game feature or one that creates a gardener??

One that actually creates a gardener. They come round in a little green apron everyday. I use it for my sims who don't want to focus on gardening but want to have their own (kind of) produce. Otherwise I'll use the greenhouse.

ceejay402

litabelaqua wrote:Once at the consignment store my sim bought a thing called a harvester, but my game crashed before I could use it so I lost it and ive never seen one since. I think it is an inventable item though so I might get her to start inventing crap so i can get another one.

I dont know what it does, but im hoping its a quick way of harvesting fruit and veg.

If anyone has a harvester on an uploaded lot I would like to know so that I can get it.

hey litabelaqua, u should be able to get one with buydebug cheat.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 03/27/13 08:34 PM

snurfles

I miss the gardener, too. What I usually do is start with a small garden and as my family grows, I make sure everyone learns enough of the gardening skill to help out. I find that I can have quite a large garden and if I have 3 Sims tending at the same time it takes about 4 Sim hours to complete, plus I usually only have to tend every two days as everyone's skill increases. I do love gardening in the Sims (and RL) and so I don't actually mind that they spend so much time doing it.
christine400

As others have said there is a mod. You call it on your WALL phone (not cell phone) They'll come to your house everyday and tend to your garden and the produce they pick will automatically go into your inventory. Its is compatible with the latest patch

Because I have it so thats how I know

Christine<3
litabelaqua

ceejay402 wrote:
litabelaqua wrote:Once at the consignment store my sim bought a thing called a harvester, but my game crashed before I could use it so I lost it and ive never seen one since. I think it is an inventable item though so I might get her to start inventing crap so i can get another one.

hey litabelaqua, u should be able to get one with buydebug cheat.

You would think so Ceejay, but either I cant spot it in the buydebug menu, or it isnt there. I suspect it isnt there although some inventibles are there in that menu.

Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!
lilgalcherelle

litabelaqua wrote:
ceejay402 wrote:

hey litabelaqua, u should be able to get one with buydebug cheat.[/quote

You would think so Ceejay, but either I cant spot it in the buydebug menu, or it isnt there. I suspect it isnt there although some inventibles are there in that menu.

It's definitely there, I've got one from there myself before.

TanyaRubirose

I would definitely love a gardener! Make them even able to take care of bees and the Cow Plant ^^

Post Reply Forum Index » Ideas & Feedback
Go to: