Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
Study at the library case for investigators  XML
Post Reply Forum Index » Ambitions
TheMomminator

Help!

My sim has needs to study at the library for her investigation. I take her to the library but I can't find an option to study. What am I doing wrong? Thanks!

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 03/29/13 08:58 PM

Bobbieg

I'm having the exact same trouble - no option for "studying". I read skill books (charisma, logic, etc) while in the library, finished them and got 3 full skill points ahead, but that doesn't fulfill the task. Nothing on the computers in the library or at home.

This is a real problem. I'm trying to do the Pervasive Private Eye LTW - I only have 3 of 35 so far, and 5 (yes, five!) other "Investigator Cases" have required studying at home or at the library, which I cannot figure out how to do. I could have been at 8 completed instead of only 3!

I have all the expansions and "stuff's" and I am not now nor ever have been enrolled in University, if that helps.

Little help?
Bobbie

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 04/22/13 03:57 AM

Dongleboy

I had this same problem myself, and some googling showed a result with someone saying that this was a glitch with the investigator/university missions getting muddled in game. Dunno if that's true but I couldn't manage to make my investigator study either, and the wiki page that details all the investigator cases doesn't mention studying at all
Bobbieg

Thanks, Dongleboy! I'm already at level 5 of the investigator career, so I think I'll go ahead and finish that off, but I'll use a mod to change my LTW to something achievable, like 5-Star Chef, and try Pervasive Private Eye again when it's repaired. Good to know it wasn't just me being blind to something, LOL!!

When I start playing a new town I always like to do this career (or fire-fighting or ghost-hunting) first - really helps me find my way around town in a hurry. I'm doing Sunlit Tides now and am really glad I bought it, beautiful world.

Bobbie

54M4NTH4

I think its a glitch that came with university because it only started happening after i downloaded university.Also when you use the job board for university you can get the opportunity to study.In the investigator ones it says final exams are tomorrow

Bien sûr, je peux être drôle ... mais, étant normal est encore pire
Translate that in french!!! Message me if you get it!
TheMomminator

Thanks for posting! I just cancel them out and try again. Eventually I can get a real case.
Icylolly

I think this is a bug with university? I kept cancelling the mission and then trying to get a new one but it kept just coming up with studying. Very annoying!
Icylolly

I think this is a bug with university? I kept cancelling the mission and then trying to get a new one but it kept just coming up with studying. Very annoying!
kenkie79

TheMomminator wrote:Thanks for posting! I just cancel them out and try again. Eventually I can get a real case.

Right, this makes me sick too. There are some cases I can't ever complete such as the ones where you have to eat at the Bistro. I eat there and nothing happens. SO annoying.
ShoshanaMcC

kenkie79 wrote:There are some cases I can't ever complete such as the ones where you have to eat at the Bistro. I eat there and nothing happens. SO annoying.

Eat at the diner... it's mismarked. Also, I'm going to try studying with one of the other library patrons, see if that works.
simplyzachariah

Just a quick note, I did send information in to EA regarding this bug in hopes someone will think its worthy enough to create a fix in a patch for it. I included a link to this forum. We'll see I suppose.
Flowerscotland76

Im having same problem. Has this been resolved yet?
Maxy_J

I'm trying it today (NZ 14/12/13) and its still bugging =[ at least now I know I'm not going crazy
ChromaggiaBlindMag

Having the same problem. Hope EA fixes this bug soon!
Jimorrisonfan

Having the same problem...this is one of my favorite careers to work.

Post Reply Forum Index » Ambitions
Go to: