Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
Greenhouse Seed Glitch?  XML
Post Reply Forum Index » Store General Discussion (EN)
PHOEBESMOM601

Just checking to see if it's my game or if others have noticed this.

The other day I downloaded the Stones Throw greenhouse to my new computer,placed it in Barnacle Bay, and when I went into the game got quite a surprise.

My Sim was using the collection helper to find seeds. I went to map view and was looking around. I didn't see a lot of seeds but when I scrolled over to the greenhouse lot it looked like there wasn't enough room for all the seed markers.

When my Sim got to the lot there were so many sparkles it looked like Tiffanys had exploded.

Is this a glitch or normal?

BernardD

That is the way it is in my game as well. It's almost impossible to collect all the seeds that spawn on that lot!
stickykisses

The greenhouse doesn't spawn hardly any seeds (if any) on the lots where it is placed in my game. Sorta wish it did... There are a couple other glitches associated with the greenhouse though, which people have reported. Something about unknown seeds in inventory, which is resolved by having your sim look at them with that "workbench" thing in the greenhouse.

Can't remember what the other glitch is, sorry, but it's also minor.

Gah, I am dying to play my game, but can't until later. To see if the game fries my computer and if I need another one pronto or not. Rather use this one since my backup machine only has a 1.8 gHz and crawls the internet.

Oh and Hoppy Easter everyone! Just came back from an egg hunt, hee hee.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 03/31/13 03:58 PM

SidyGirl

My greenhouse spawns a ton of seeds too. I didn't really think about it as a glitch tho, I just thought maybe seeds were supposed to be really easy to find there.
Karritz

The Swift Gro Gardening station has seed spawners stacked on top of each other under it. So if you add them to your lot you get seeds spawning on your lot too. But not as many as in the greenhouse venue. I always have the venue in my games as I can go get seeds any time. Also selling the sunlight from the sunflowers can help if sims are running low on cash.

Jenieusa

well you could use the TCE/Buydebug cheats to lesson some of the spawners...thats what i did

Cinderellimouse

Location:In a kingdom far far away... doing yoga while eating scones! Multi-tasking!!!

PHOEBESMOM601 wrote:
When my Sim got to the lot there were so many sparkles it looked like Tiffanys had exploded.

I love that!

I've not tried using the seed collection helper near the greenhouse yet but I will now! I want to see those sparkles!!!
AznSensei

Because whoever kept on testing the Greenhouse lot over and over again, to make the greenhouse roof pieces programmed to help block weather, didn't think about the seed spawners multiplying. They packaged the last update to the lot (including the stacked spawners) with the venue set.

Therefore, delete the piled up spawners so that you will have only 1 spawner in that spot to deal with.

Hope that helps.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 03/31/13 07:42 PM

amjoie

Not only did EA package that lot with spawner layers, but if you turned the lot to position it properly to the road when you first put it in your world, you multiplied the spawners that were already on the lot. So now you have many, many, many spawners all trying to spawn at the same time, slowing down your game and/or crashing it.

You will need to type testingcheatsenabled true and then buydebug on in the cheat menu in order to see the spawners. Delete all but one of each kind (one butterfly, or one critter or one plant station or one bug, and etc).

I have seen hundreds of spawners on one lot, before. If you have never heard of this problem, then see this thread for all the info on multiplying spawners.

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/523406.page

The social whirl makes me dizzy, so though I am beginning to feel guilty about it, I must remain at zero friends. But thank you for your requests.
Karritz

I deleted 55 spawners from under each sg gardening station in the greenhouse venue once. There were still spawners there so I don't know how many there are under it. I have decided to leave it and enjoy the seeds. I didn't notice any improvement after deleting so many spawners. In my opinion the only reason I'd go to the trouble of deleting them is if it was making my computer lag.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 04/01/13 08:05 AM

Cinderellimouse

Location:In a kingdom far far away... doing yoga while eating scones! Multi-tasking!!!

Lol! I thought there was supposed to be loads of seeds!

PHOEBESMOM601

amjoie wrote:Not only did EA package that lot with spawner layers, but if you turned the lot to position it properly to the road when you first put it in your world, you multiplied the spawners that were already on the lot. So now you have many, many, many spawners all trying to spawn at the same time, slowing down your game and/or crashing it.

You will need to type testingcheatsenabled true and then buydebug on in the cheat menu in order to see the spawners. Delete all but one of each kind (one butterfly, or one critter or one plant station or one bug, and etc).

I have seen hundreds of spawners on one lot, before. If you have never heard of this problem, then see this thread for all the info on multiplying spawners.

I had buydebug on because I'm in the middle of editing the town. After I place a lot I always go into it in build mode and check to see if there is anything I want to change. I noticed there seemed to be a lot of spawners on the lot but some of them were marked something like(I can't remember the exact wording)...seed spawner do not use....so I didn't pay a lot of attention to them.

I haven't noticed any lag but then again I have error trap and overwatch installed for regular game issues like stuck Sims and removing cars.

Step outside of your comfort zone. Ask why. Don't accept,"because that's the way it's always been". Think outside the box.
amjoie

PHOEBESMOM601 wrote:
amjoie wrote:Not only did EA package that lot with spawner layers, but if you turned the lot to position it properly to the road when you first put it in your world, you multiplied the spawners that were already on the lot. So now you have many, many, many spawners all trying to spawn at the same time, slowing down your game and/or crashing it.

I had buydebug on because I'm in the middle of editing the town. After I place a lot I always go into it in build mode and check to see if there is anything I want to change. I noticed there seemed to be a lot of spawners on the lot but some of them were marked something like(I can't remember the exact wording)...seed spawner do not use....so I didn't pay a lot of attention to them.

I haven't noticed any lag but then again I have error trap and overwatch installed for regular game issues like stuck Sims and removing cars.

There should only be one "spawner do not use" on the lot for every gardening arbor thing present. They belong to that, and should not be used for anything else. So feel free to delete them, other than the one right under the gardening arbor thing.

You may not "notice" the lag, but it is causing your processor to do extra computations that it should not be needing to make, for each extra spawner. And if your computer was less powerful, you would notice it more. For every expansion added and additional store items installed, you are taxing your computer more. So save that extra processing power for the next expansion. Be kind to your computer and delete unnecessary things like multiplying spawners.

Also, remember to make a one tile "basement" so you can see the spawners that have gone underground. Delete them, too. Your less-strained computer will thank you.

The social whirl makes me dizzy, so though I am beginning to feel guilty about it, I must remain at zero friends. But thank you for your requests.
amjoie

Karritz wrote:I deleted 55 spawners from under each sg gardening station in the greenhouse venue once. There were still spawners there so I don't know how many there are under it. I have decided to leave it and enjoy the seeds. I didn't notice any improvement after deleting so many spawners. In my opinion the only reason I'd go to the trouble of deleting them is if it was making my computer lag.

Depending on your computer, you may or may not be able to see an immediate change in slowdown/lag, because you are playing between spawning actions. But when each of those spawners is actively spawning the seed, they are individually causing extra processing for your computer. And if you decide that extra spawners are "ho hum" and leave them on many lots, not just this one, then you are making your computer do all that work, for nothing. Eventually, you will notice a slowdown in your game, but by then you won't remember that it had anything to do with extra spawners on each lot.

Think about it: 50 extra spawners mean you could have made 25 separate lots spawn two different things, for the same processing loss as having all those extra ones spawn on just ONE lot. If your computer can handle all those spawners without a hiccup, then why not spread them around and make them count in your game. Instead of 50 redundant seeds you don't need and can't use, why not some of them being critters, some birds, some seeds of different kinds, some of them gems. Spawners are highly useful items, but they should count for something and individually add game play.

It makes sense to take an extra few minutes to do a one-time delete, so that your computer can use its muscle for real work, not a duplication of effort.

Karritz

Ok. I only put one greenhouse venue in my games and I add only a few extra st gardening stations to my home lot. It takes ages to detente 55 + spawners from under each gardening station in the venue. The gardening stations I add to my home lot only have one spawner.

I just upgraded my computer and I am aware of the potential problem with the venue. The only practical work around I can see would to build the venue again from scratch. At the moment I am not bothering to do that but I might. I have to get off the train now so have to stop writing.

Ok now I am back. I like having lots of seeds and suns there at the venue. I go there a lot at the start of the game and occasionally at other times. I really don't want those big critters in the game. Where I come from the biggest native animal I see is a kangaroo. And they aren't in the game. Although a big kangaroo would probably be as big as any of the horses or deer that are in the game. They can stand over 6 feet tall.

I'd probably like some extra metals but travel to Egypt or China for them. I usually have an oversupply of gems as I usually remember to as a sim with the disciplined trait and buy a board breaker from China early in the game. This sim is often a werewolf who also has a gatherer trait. This leads to almost as many gems on my lot as there are seeds at the greenhouse venue.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 04/01/13 10:08 PM

Post Reply Forum Index » Store General Discussion (EN)
Go to: