Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
The Sims 3 Dragon Valley - Official Discussion Thread [UPDATED 5/20!]  XML
Forum Index » Worlds
SimGuruTaterTot

Welcome to the Sims 3 Dragon Valley official discussion thread. Check out the page for information on Dragon Valley, and join the discussion!

More details regarding Dragon Valley can be found here: store.thesims3.com/dragonvalley

Check out a teaser video of The Sims 3 Dragon Valley on Youtube!

Q&A

When does Dragon Valleys come out?

The Sims 3 Dragon Valley will be released on May 30, 2013 in the Sims 3 Store, and starting August 6, 2013 in stores worldwide.

Can I use my simpoints to buy Dragon Valley?
Unfortunately, due to the fact that Dragon Valley will also be distributed in stores worldwide, Dragon Valley will not be redeemable through simpoints. A similar setup was done recently for the release of Monte Vista.

Will there be a gold and standard version?
There will not be a gold and standard version of Dragon Valley available, the way most Simmers are used to (Gold = with venue included). There will however, be two simpoint bundles available for Dragon Valley that we've named Standard and gold. More details regarding these simpoint bundles and what they contain can be found on the product page here: store.thesims3.com/dragonvalley

Can I gift the Dragon Valley to my friends?
Unfortunately, similar to Monte Vista, you cannot gift Dragon Valley at this time.

Baby Dragons Corner:

The Sims 3 Dragon Valley comes with the chance to play with baby dragons -- something that the Sims of The Sims 3 have only whispered stories about. Learn more about each baby dragon in the days to come!

The Red Baby Dragon: FIRE! Watch out! Learn about the Red Baby Dragon from Designer Alan Copeland in his blog. Click here!

The Green Baby Dragon: Treasure! Gardening! Learn all about it in the latest blog by Alan Copeland.

The Purple Baby Dragon : Hold on...is that dragon puking sparkles? Learn more on Designer Alan Copeland's blog.

This message was edited 9 times. Last update was at 09/12/13 06:36 PM

Alektrya

If this is a British inspired world, could you use elements of all great britain rather than just England? id love to see bits of Scotland and Wales thrown into the world. Maybe a return of nessie

Edit: Just re watched the trailer and noticed a knight wearing a kilt! how exciting, its a world all of us in the UK can *somewhat* relate to. Going to be fun coming up with stories with Scottish / English rivalries

And with seasons I'M GOING TO MAKE IT RAIN ALL THE TIME AND TURN SUMMER OFF!!!

hope all my fellow Brits are enjoying the summer!

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 04/16/13 07:10 PM

CMWarren

I am looking forward to learning more. a little sad that it wont be purchasable for simpoints, because I was going to prepurchase my simpoints, now that I have a surplus of cash in my bank account that I dont need for food or bills this month, as it is all covered and paid for already.

well, maybe I will try to hold onto the 30 bucks i had set aside for getting the world, and wait to see more about it.
SimpLyAngeLic

Excited!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

michellehilbrand

As long as we all spread the word that it won't be purchasable by Sim Points, then it probably won't matter to most. It is only when people are caught off guard that they get mad.

Will the video for Dragon Valley be out soon

Thursday's pack looks like it is Medieval, will there be more Medieval clothes and sets released so we can add it to the world?

Will the Dragons grow up to adult or stay small?
stilljustme2

This will give me an alternative world to Moonlight Falls for my Supernatural Sims, and I'll probably have some of my Moonlight Falls witches adopt dragons. Looking forward to more details.

Pamhamlet

I am thrilled about this type of new world! Eager to see more of it!
amjoie

I am SO EXCITED about the baby dragons and this world. I'm definitely getting it. I can hardly wait.

But PLEASE, one little request: Give us the OPTION to turn off the fires, after a while. Or some little dragons that don't start fires.

I know it will be fun to have fire-breathing dragons, in the beginning. But I really, really hate fires in my game. And I don't want to be afraid of my pet dragons.

So, I just need one kind of dragon that won't start fires. Or an option to turn them off, when it isn't cute, anymore. Or a way to train them so they learn to not start fires. Something, anything, so that I can enjoy my dragon friends without fear of being sizzled.

Please???

The social whirl makes me dizzy, so though I am beginning to feel guilty about it, I must remain at zero friends. But thank you for your requests.
PHOEBESMOM601

I posted this in another thread but since this is the official one.....

For the first time I'm truly excited about a new world from the store. I loved the clothing, art and feel of TSM but hated the game play.

The only thing that bothers me in a themed world is this......I picture a Lady Guenevere type Sim whipping out her smart phone and jumping in a taxi.... I guess we just have to deal with that?
murfeel

EA, your pixels are on FIRE!

neon_wild

Well it's too early for me to totally blow it off but personally I'm not really feeling it, maybe I will change my mind once I see more but I don't know...if it's going for a medieval theme or something along those lines are there still going to be taxis and cars? Smartphones? Random sims/NPCs walking around with clothing that's totally out of place? Also I think pretty much every EP rabbithole is going to stick out like a sore thumb.

I understand everyone has their own playing style but I've never felt that these sort of themes work well in the sims for me, there are too many things that can't be changed that take you out of the experience for instance imagine a taxi driving around in a medieval world. And I'm also very much into archaeology and history and actually have a degree in the field but it's not what I like to do in the sims.

I just really want a city world But I'm happy for those that like the idea.
Alektrya

neon_wild wrote:Well it's too early for me to totally blow it off but personally I'm not really feeling it, maybe I will change my mind once I see more but I don't know...if it's going for a medieval theme or something along those lines are there still going to be taxis and cars? Smartphones? Random sims/NPCs walking around with clothing that's totally out of place? Also I think pretty much every EP rabbithole is going to stick out like a sore thumb.

I understand everyone has their own playing style but I've never felt that these sort of themes work well in the sims for me, there are too many things that can't be changed that take you out of the experience for instance imagine a taxi driving around in a medieval world. And I'm also very much into archaeology and history and actually have a degree in the field but it's not what I like to do in the sims.

You could always just change everyone into modern clothing and add your rabbit holes in. You don't NEED to keep it in that time period as Britain has loads of medieval and victorian buildings still around anyway.
PHOEBESMOM601

neon_wild wrote:Well it's too early for me to totally blow it off but personally I'm not really feeling it, maybe I will change my mind once I see more but I don't know...if it's going for a medieval theme or something along those lines are there still going to be taxis and cars? Smartphones? Random sims/NPCs walking around with clothing that's totally out of place? Also I think pretty much every EP rabbithole is going to stick out like a sore thumb.

Those things bother me also but I'm still excited about it......and I've been campaigning for an urban, kind of slummy city world for quite a while.

Step outside of your comfort zone. Ask why. Don't accept,"because that's the way it's always been". Think outside the box.
orkhid22

CMWarren wrote:I am looking forward to learning more. a little sad that it wont be purchasable for simpoints, because I was going to prepurchase my simpoints, now that I have a surplus of cash in my bank account that I dont need for food or bills this month, as it is all covered and paid for already.

well, maybe I will try to hold onto the 30 bucks i had set aside for getting the world, and wait to see more about it.

put that 30 in your savings account so at end of spring you have the money

edited to add:

I too am concerned regarding the taxis, carpool, ice-cream truck and cell phones. All of those things should be optional and have an on/off click for EACH WORLD/ family and sim, similar to how you can opt the family you're playing out of the celebrity system. I do not like the all or nothing of those above listed items.

Additionally, Twallan has a mod called the dresser (I have no idea how to use it so I haven't DL'ed- I've tried, I'm just hopeless) but why can't EA do something like this. Make it so we can choose which outfits/ clothing items are suitable for each world, and each category. I would gladly start each world off in CAS choosing for male/female and all lifestages (minus occults) appropriate CAS assets.

This customization allows us to better play the game our way and create great stories.

end rant.

happy note: I cannot WAIT FOR DRAGONS!

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 04/16/13 07:23 PM

amjoie

I'm so excited, I posted this in the wrong thread, in response to something another guru said.

Anyway, it belongs here:

I want a baby dragon that has a pastel diffuse rainbow-like effect on each scale, for a glittery overall look. Like those pastel rainbowy wrapping papers, where the colors change depending on light. Not a progression of rainbow colors in a row, but more like a gem-glow thing -- but pastel.

Failing that, I'd like my baby dragon to do a color change, with the new color blending so that the dragon becomes a two-tone color.

Failing that, I'd like to be able to choose a color for my dragon like I can change hair colors.

Can we have more than one style of dragons? Some with horns and some without? Some with feathery wings, and some with the wings shown today? Some that look like "light" dragons and some that more resemble "dark" dragons?

I, personally, would like gentle "pretty" little dragons with some feathers on their wings. Pastel and white or pastel and cream in color. No horns -- or just little rounded bumps. Beautiful with big eyes, so they go along well with my "light" faeries.

The social whirl makes me dizzy, so though I am beginning to feel guilty about it, I must remain at zero friends. But thank you for your requests.

Forum Index » Worlds
Go to: