Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
Coffee  XML
Post Reply Forum Index » University Life
MCadw

When it was announced that there would be coffee beans that could be grown and harvested I was beyond excited. ( I LIVE on coffee.) Then i found you had to have a special counter that also holds pastries in your kitchen just to have coffee. It was kind of a let down.

Can there be just a coffee pot that can be used for coffee? In real life I don't like those coffee like mixtures and neither do my sims. But a simple coffee pot that can be used with the beans would be awesome.
Betaceti

There's no coffee pot included with UL. If you want coffee, you're going to have to cope with the barista bar

knt1229

I agree, OP. I was disappointed that the sims didn't have a coffee pot to go with the coffee beans. The barista bar looks silly in the kitchen of your home lot.
Lagaz

You could consider making a basement or sunroom for your sims, as a sort of homemade cafe? I've seen it done irl on pinterest, and it looks pretty creative! I know it's not ideal, but it's a way to work with what we have until they inevitably put an expensive coffee pot in the store

becomingjenn

They do sell a lot of the coffee machines in the store as well. Maybe one day they could make it to use the coffee there as well. I know I use fresh beans at home too without having to have a HUGE barista bar. Not sure why they did not add at least one mixture to the coffee machines that were for home use.

TheMomminator

I agree. I have all these varieties of coffee beans and nothing to do with them.
MCadw

OK so how do we request a simple coffee pot?
muddypaws4167

I'm with you ! We need a coffee pot petition
Krisha880

I put the barista bar in my sims kitchen, when there's space. I just turn the counter with the pastries against the wall. A regular coffee pot would be great though.
Sid1701D9

My Sims game don't work on this computer so I gave up on playing it on this computer and building another system. However, I would love to play it on my labtop its just not as fun unless I am out running around. So I don't really have access to my game right now. The Sims 3 base game came with some coffee machines, it probly won't work if you just do 1 coffee, but if you make a whole plate of coffee see if it will let you add the beans. Or there could be new menu that pops up on the old coffee machines that if you have the beans you don't have to pay for that kind of coffee.

Sid1701d-"I love my life, live my life and live to play, laugh and have fun."
GabbyGirlJ

Hmmm, I guess they were kind of going off of the same premise that they used for the LN bars. Still, it would have been nice if they had given us a "home" version of the barista bar. One without the commercial look of the glass display case. Anyway, it works I guess. I don't use it much on home lots, though.

"You're not as bad as everyone says you are."
MCadw

I understand about the Barrister and turning it around etc. But I have been playing the Sims since the first release of The Sims. I miss the old coffee pot, The barrister doesn't fit in my kitchen design or in my current sims home office. All I am saying is either a Coffee pot or add the ability to use coffee beans or teast in the current hot beverage makers.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 04/19/13 03:06 PM

stilljustme2

They could have added the feature to the top of the line coffee machine that I think is in base game (I forget which one it is), or created a new coffee machine that would take the beans (maybe even one that wouldn't make coffee without beans). Or, as someone said, a version of the barista bar that didn't have the display case that could be for home or community lot use.

Simmer4Life01

There is no coffee pot for the beans, but you can always use a coffee maker.
yoshi_dragur2012

TheMomminator wrote:I agree. I have all these varieties of coffee beans and nothing to do with them.
So you've never tried feeding them to the Omni plant?

Post Reply Forum Index » University Life
Go to: