Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
Lets play: Build a houseboat!!  XML
Post Reply Forum Index » Island Paradise
Lisameesims

I will start Mine is just a small, asian themed houseboat. Post your houseboat designs, any theme, style or size. I know we don't have all the buidling options yet, but its something to dream about while we wait for Island Paradise!!

wickichick

This is a great idea! I can't wait to see what other people will build and I will build one to add to this thread!
Sometimes it's fun to make do with what we have and get creative...your creation looks MonteVista inspired, nice job!

Lisameesims

wickichick wrote:This is a great idea! I can't wait to see what other people will build and I will build one to add to this thread!
Sometimes it's fun to make do with what we have and get creative...your creation looks MonteVista inspired, nice job!

Thanks! And yes, i think your right about the theme is more "MonteVista". Can't wait to see other players houseboats too!

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 05/13/13 03:55 PM

stilljustme2

I'm hoping we can place prebuilt houses on houseboat bases -- I want to snitch a couple of the pier houses from Lucky Palms. And I think Graham said we can actually build a basement (more like a lower deck) so I'll definitely have one on my houseboat for extra space (would be cool if we can put windows in so Sims can look out on the marine life!)

SimGuruSemedi

Fun thread idea Lisameesims, and I like your Asian houseboat Let me do my part to help out... While you won't be able to take a normal lot and drop it down onto a houseboat, if I share the houseboat sizes you'll at least get a head start on planning what you'll build when Island Paradise releases.

Here are the different sizes you'll get to work with... Remember, on a houseboat you'll be able to build walls all the way to the edge of the boat. If you want to be able to go fishing off your boat, you'll need to leave an open space somewhere along the edge of the hull that's at least 3 tiles long and 2 tiles deep.

Barge, Small - 10x8
Barge, Medium - 15x10
Barge, Large - 20x15
Barge, Narrow - 14x6
Curved Bow, Narrow - 14x6
Curved Bow, Wide - 12x8

Get building!

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 05/13/13 07:49 PM

Sims Producer Graham Nardone - Follow me on Twitter @SimGuruGraham
TheFairyBug

SimGuruSemedi wrote:Fun thread idea Lisameesims, and I like your Asian houseboat Let me do my part to help out... While you won't be able to take a normal lot and drop it down onto a houseboat, if I share the houseboat sizes you'll at least get a head start on planning what you'll build when Island Paradise releases.
Here are the different sizes you'll get to work with... Remember, on a houseboat you'll be able to build walls all the way to the edge of the boat. If you want to be able to go fishing off your boat, you'll need to leave an open space somewhere along the edge of the hull that's at least 3 tiles long and 2 tiles deep.
Barge, Small - 10x8
Barge, Medium - 15x10
Barge, Large - 20x15
Barge, Narrow - 14x6
Curved Bow, Wide - 12x8
Get building!

Thank you for the info! I can't wait to get to work -- though it'll have to be strictly graphpaper and whatnot until I get my compy working again.

twilight_aerith

I sometimes design houses with graph paper too! If I'm not home or can't use my game I'm really excited for house boats!

Lisameesims I think yours is really nice! Themed houseboats are a great idea!!!

timecatcher

Nice idea for a thread! Don't know what I want my boat to be like... maybe Iron Man 3.. really modern hah a yacht style thing...

RockoutDarci

Hmmm, if I did a houseboat. I think I'd want it to be in the style of a Monte Vista house. Oooh! Or maybe a floating castle!! My sea-witches would LOVE that one.

Great houseboat OP! I love the Asian influence, very elegant!

Zerbu

SimGuruSemedi wrote:Fun thread idea Lisameesims, and I like your Asian houseboat Let me do my part to help out... While you won't be able to take a normal lot and drop it down onto a houseboat, if I share the houseboat sizes you'll at least get a head start on planning what you'll build when Island Paradise releases.

Barge, Small - 10x8
Barge, Medium - 15x10
Barge, Large - 20x15
Barge, Narrow - 14x6
Curved Bow, Wide - 12x8

Get building!

Thanks for confirming the sizes.
RockoutDarci

Ooh! Oooh! I just thought of a pirate themed Houseboat!! that would be LOADS of fun! I hope that we can put diving boards off of the back of the boats for a plank an let our sims dive into the sea!!

O_O OMFG!! I MUST try that!! What if we can put a diving board off of the back of the boat and sims jump off of it into the ocean?!!

HOW FUN!!!!

CK213

Done!

I had no idea I was building a houseboat when the store made Lucky Palms available.
I hope I can place it, but it should be quick and easy to build from scratch if I have to.

pr3ttygirlsw4gg

CK213 wrote:Done!

I had no idea I was building a houseboat when the store made Lucky Palms available.
I hope I can place it, but it should be quick and easy to build from scratch if I have to.

Cute!

EuphorialQueen

I like smaller lots ... looks like I need to concentrate on some Micro-mini floor plans.
Love your Asian inspired design.
@CK213 - The Lucky Palms pier lots were the first to come to mind when I heard we were going to have houseboats. Your version looks great. -EQ

Zerbu

This is a starter houseboat I came up, but it only shows the above ground rooms since building basements in normal foundations is restrictive. Hopefully houseboats don't have that restriction.

It's a starter one, so it's obviously cheap.

Post Reply Forum Index » Island Paradise
Go to: