Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
A New Twist to Asylum Challenges  XML
Forum Index » Island Paradise
TheFairyBug

So, does anybody else have it in the works to run a slightly altered version of the Asylum Challenge? Only two things need to be different -- all the inmates have to be Hydrophobic, and the houseboat that will be the asylum is never allowed to put into port. Your thoughts, community?

DangerDanger

EVILLLLLLL!!!!!

I love it!

something dangerous happened here and now I don't have a signature, so thanks a lot for asking.
Pary

Nice. That's one to mark down when IP is released.

I love the asylum challenge, and the one I ran once for Sims 3 was amusing in its own way; unfortunately Sims 3 sims are able to look after themselves far better than they could in Sims 2 (even insane sims) and I didn't find the whole experience quite as amusing as it was in previous versions.

Perhaps having them stuck on a houseboat will be just the thing !

blunote00: IDC about DM's stank booty!

mlnov39

Pary wrote:Nice. That's one to mark down when IP is released.

I love the asylum challenge, and the one I ran once for Sims 3 was amusing in its own way; unfortunately Sims 3 sims are able to look after themselves far better than they could in Sims 2 (even insane sims) and I didn't find the whole experience quite as amusing as it was in previous versions.

Perhaps having them stuck on a houseboat will be just the thing !

I just posted a few days ago about my asylum and how bored I was. Maybe I'll
try a floating asylum. Hydrophobic sims who are forced to learn scuba
diving!

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/677864.page

TheFairyBug

Glad to spice things up for a few people! I had the same thoughts about Asylum challenges. Also, with them inmates being stuck in a much smaller space than we're used to (especially if we constrict ourselves tot he tiniest possible boat) they'll be forced to interact much more often, which will create extra hilarity! We'll just have to be sure to cultivate a garden, and have at least one Angler.

Pary

LOL mlnov, I love the names of your inmates. Gowen Postal was my favourite

When I ran my asylum I put a washing machine in there too, and the inmates were forever picking up laundry and then just dropping it in a stinky pile, or pulling it out of the machine and leaving it on the floor in a sopping wet pile.
That was funny, but the rest.... not so much.
In my sims 2 asylum, they would pee themselves, slap each other, wrestle fight, and I even had one work out to death on the exercise bike.

Ahhh... fun times !
I wish Sims 3 sims would do things like that. Half the time I think this game could play itself; They don't need us at all

blunote00: IDC about DM's stank booty!

RockoutDarci

GREAT ideas! Ilove this entire thread! How about instead of a houseboat, it was built on an uncharted island waaaay out in the ocean?

TheFairyBug

RockoutDarci wrote:GREAT ideas! Ilove this entire thread! How about instead of a houseboat, it was built on an uncharted island waaaay out in the ocean?

Even better! I'm just looking forward to boats, if I'm being totally honest. But I'll definitely be doing that, too, now!

TheFairyBug

Pary wrote:LOL mlnov, I love the names of your inmates. Gowen Postal was my favourite
When I ran my asylum I put a washing machine in there too, and the inmates were forever picking up laundry and then just dropping it in a stinky pile, or pulling it out of the machine and leaving it on the floor in a sopping wet pile.
In my sims 2 asylum, they would pee themselves, slap each other, wrestle fight, and I even had one work out to death on the exercise bike.
Ahhh... fun times !
I wish Sims 3 sims would do things like that. Half the time I think this game could play itself; They don't need us at all

I prefer at least a little self-sufficiency, myself. I felt as though sims died too easily in Sims 2 -- they seemed too 'stupid' to me, and I often found myself happy when they died, but for the wrong reason. Instead of manic glee at my dancing puppets, I was just glad to be rid of the frustrating little jerks. The occasional catastrophe or motive nosedive is hilarious, but having it a constant threat to the sims and house I spent hours on is annoying to me. I prefer a merrier form of chaos than that.

mlnov39

Pary wrote:LOL mlnov, I love the names of your inmates. Gowen Postal was my favourite

Ahhh... fun times !

thank you Pary, it was fun naming them. I even looked up synonyms for crazy.
Can you imagine the panic if they saw a shark?

TheFairyBug

mlnov39 wrote:
Ahhh... fun times !

thank you Pary, it was fun naming them. I even looked up synonyms for crazy.
Can you imagine the panic if they saw a shark?

LOL! That should be fun! I can definitely foresee this being my new-favorite EP. Sorry, Supernatural -- you've been replaced!

Forum Index » Island Paradise
Go to: