Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
Deeper Oceans in Future Store Worlds?  XML
Post Reply Forum Index » Island Paradise
catloverplayer

Anyone think this will be possible for the store team to make deeper oceans so our sims can scuba dive in future store worlds?

I"m not sure if the store team can pull it off but who knows maybe they can.

The Last Venue Of Amour Coming August 7th From The Sims 3 Store.
zeldagirl180

Most likely yes. Maybe they can even offer patch updates for existing worlds for deeper oceans.

Well Excuuuuse me Princess.
Evalen

catloverplayer wrote:Anyone think this will be possible for the store team to make deeper oceans so our sims can scuba dive in future store worlds?

I"m not sure if the store team can pull it off but who knows maybe they can.

Maybe when we get IP all the oceans will be deeper so we can scuba dive, like all the oceans became swimable even CAW worlds.
I can't wait for IP, it look so neat. I love the swan boat. can't wait to make a house boat. I love the look of them.

JUST READING UP ON THE SIMS 4
catloverplayer

That would be awesome if they added that thru the patch but I doubt they will anytime soon.

Brookie1204

I hope so y'all. I really want to be able to dive in all worlds to live out my sims stories. I would love to be able to in other worlds with oceans like Sunset Valley and Sunlit Tides. If they don't add this I don't really see myself playing any other worlds once IP comes out, besides Dragon Valley and Moonlight Falls... possibly Hidden Springs and Appaloosa Plains. Lol, but thats just because those worlds fit my play-style so well since I love to play supernaturals and pets!!

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 06/01/13 12:00 AM

Hello... my name is Brooke and I am a Sim addict.
Callum9432

It won't be in a patch, because it's not possible. You'd have to install a new version of every world.

When making a world, you have a maximum height and depth. To go deeper, you have to raise the default ground level, meaning you have to sacrifice mountain height. The same vise versa.

As far as I know, most water bodies in all the current worlds are as deep as they can be, and the terrain is based from the ground level default. Since Isla Paradiso doesn't have any really tall mountains, I suspect they have raised the start point and kept the water at maximum depth, meaning the water really is considerably deeper than previous worlds.

Erja888

I read somewhere that scuba diving will be exclusive to IP - including future store worlds.
I can't find a link right now, but maybe someone else can.

Erja888 - Simming from TS (2001) til end of TS3 (2014)
catloverplayer

Erja888 wrote:I read somewhere that scuba diving will be exclusive to IP - including future store worlds.

Wow so future store worlds will be updated nice. That means 3 months from now we'll have a new world to scuba dive in. Too bad it isn't Sunlit Tides but atleast all the boat types and resorts will work there and sims can still snorkle there.

Richi3f

I do hope we get more scuba-dieveable worlds, please Store/EP team!

Valgon57

Deep sea feature doesn't require Island Paradise. So they can re-release Sunlit Tides with new diving spots and Blueprint for underwater plants..
If you own it, you can just download the new version, that would be great.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 06/01/13 05:02 AM

Tinkerball

catloverplayer wrote:
Erja888 wrote:I read somewhere that scuba diving will be exclusive to IP - including future store worlds.

Wow so future store worlds will be updated nice. That means 3 months from now we'll have a new world to scuba dive in. Too bad it isn't Sunlit Tides but atleast all the boat types and resorts will work there and sims can still snorkle there.

No, I believe that was supposed to mean that the only world that will allow scuba diving is Isla Paradiso. I remember reading that as well. Who knows, though, they can always change their minds, but I'm not holding my breath. We still only have one city world as well.
RockoutDarci

zeldagirl180 wrote:Most likely yes. Maybe they can even offer patch updates for existing worlds for deeper oceans.

I would love for this to happen. I doubt it will though.

Also, I will probably insist on deeper oceans in future towns. It's SUPER dissappointing that we can't do it ourselves easily.

Erja888

Tinkerball wrote:
catloverplayer wrote:

No, I believe that was supposed to mean that the only world that will allow scuba diving is Isla Paradiso. I remember reading that as well. Who knows, though, they can always change their minds, but I'm not holding my breath. We still only have one city world as well.

Yes, that's what it means. No scuba diving in future store worlds. Scuba diving is exclusive to Isla Paradiso.

Erja888 - Simming from TS (2001) til end of TS3 (2014)
keekee53

Huh?

I thought we would only be able to go deeper in the ocean via the dive lot. I thought swimming in the regular ocean would be just like all other worlds.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 06/01/13 03:12 PM

Post Reply Forum Index » Island Paradise
Go to: