Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
The Nordic IP event - what new I found/saw + literally tons of pics  XML
Post Reply Forum Index » Island Paradise
Pulversoppa

Before the event I made a thread which now seems to be broken, when that happened and why I have no idea, anyways! Here it is: http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/681320.page#1085270

There you can find the info I knew before going and some more. Worth checking at least.

But now to the actual good stuff!

So...the event was AWESOME!

I am exhausted from these past days, but oh how wonderful days they were! Huge thanks to Joyce and EA for letting me attend!^^

All my pics + pics from fellow simmers, ingame and outgame and some more info.
http://www.facebook.com/simsevents
Since I have 1071 pics and printscreens in total I won't be spamming them all in this thread for fear of it breaking on me, but a few will be added as we go

The day started when me and MammiGris here went by train, met up with another simmer and arrived outside the “event room” at EA:s and tried to get SimGoodie-Alexander to eat pancakes and listened to Lime’s lovely “finlandsvenska” and it was so nice and all the other people came and – joy simply! ^^

....they are as adorable as Blunder/Flounder and I could be doing that anytime..

When the doors finally opened and the lovely Joyce came to greet us inside there and we got to see a demo made by Graham and Lisa of IP and DV, which was really well put together! I think I heard Lime say he got it “tape”.

After that I turned around and sat down at a computer next to SimGoodie-Alexander with my dear MammiGris behind at another computer and awesome simmers everywhere in the room Next to everyone got their own PC this time and that was extra nice!

So after changing the graphic settings and restarting with testingcheats I plunged into CAS and tried to get 5 ya:s asap with random hair/things. Their causal clothing look at least had IP –things, and there were some really pretty items I must say! Check SimGoodie for pics of them all! So I barely changed their swimsuits and you should recognize them as default random sims from the basegame..

Anywho! To get going with the mermaid hunt I merged them in with a guy who had a fancy houseboat and set of making all of them snorkel! Not a long time passed before nujhi came and “Frida, Frida!! There’s an LTR thing for mermaids!” and I stopped admiring the views/zooming in/out/through the huge statue SimGuruMeatball said held a secret and went straight in there and got the “mermaid’s kelp”. The huge statue was hollow, so perhaps the secret is some assumptions that the calendar for TS3 is at its end and we perhaps can travel to the past in the timetravelep? Or that it’s just the end and a new era begins, or that there was a cute little freezer bunny at its side? I have no idea. :S

...and then I had a mermaid! Whopwhop!

and apparently one can make it permanent with just 5k more LTR points! Recall now I didn’t check if there was a cure thing afterwards. I was so eager, stressed and happy xD

So then I just tried to do as much as possible with them, see things, explore the diving lots and have fun ^^ The one “wild mermaid” I saw seemed to be a random sim from Isla Paradiso, so some inhabitants will randomely be mermaids. For example MammiGris saw 10+ “wild mermaids”, oen was a lifeguard townie, but in my game he wasn’t a mermaid, so it varies! Hmmm.. how shall I do all this? Ehm. I’ll just list a lot of fun info I learned and then perhaps show a few pics in this thread.

And bear in mind that the version we played was apparently around 6 weeks “old” according to Graham when we skyped with him ^^ So some things or glitches (possibly) might be fixed already. Like when the sims went exploring a cave they resetted onto an unchartered island and were stuck! That happened my first mermaid as well when she went for a swim and she “played in the ocean” but I couldn’t access her. This was also the reason for all the seashell bras being purple even after changing the scale color (click mirror ;D). Have pics of that in the albums in the eventgroupthingy on facebook!

- tree planter thing, can be placed inside and outside, assumed to be working like the planter bowls, or since it was in buydebug perhaps for placing trees on houseboats and such!
- two new traits – loves to swim and sailor! Not possible to choose them for toddlers :/ but there were toddler outfits!
- can have multiple unlimited number of homes/lots/houseboats and change “staycation” lot, or what it was, so you can move around among your homes. I heard one fellow simmer say he could go robbing his own homes he didn’t have as the current home xD
- there can be treasure chests on islands
- the sims can get seasickness
- the lifeguard career (didn’t have time to try it!) is awesome and Baywatch:y!
- teens can windsurf, and apparently children as well if I am to believe a prtscn, but I thought I tried to put a windsurfing board into the inventory and it didn't "work" :S
- children can snorkel (though had issues getting them to see there’d be room in the water :S)
- children can “drive” most boats – even speedboats!
- the tombstone if you die from shark-attack or running out of air will be at the sea bed where you died, and other sims can “pick it up”.
- three new deaths! – dehydrated (yellowish sun color), run out of air (sea-greenish) and shark-attack – you already know
- spawners in buydebug for sealife, surface shark, noncollectible sealife spawner and underwater shark
- rock spawners for bottles and seashell on land and underwater separately
- harvestable kelp in buydebug – though must be harvested from ocean floor, sims “interrupt” themselves if it’s on “land/houseboat”.
- insect -> mosquito, there’s mosquito repellent in the grocery store and buydebug, moodlet and animations are hilarious
- newspaper kid drives an aquasled
- there’s a tent similar to the WA one
- become mermaid by eating the LTR kelp, avoid having to swim in ocean by using the “permanent mermaid” LTR
- mermaid’s legs/fin + bra is fully customizable, you click any mirror and choose “change scale color”
- mermaid ghosts are visible “on” divelots, but else like normal ghosts -> vanish below the surface down
- when “catching” random fish or the underwater creature collectibles the sim swim on them and they vanish/get grabbed
- mermaids can eat fish/underwater thingies underwater, but it looks like sliced/gutted/finished salmon slices
- you can’t click at the collection helper in a sims inventory if the sim is underwater, you can though active it above surface. Only the “underwater creatures” option seemed to be showing/shining underwater though. No shining for the seashell option neither below nor above the surface – glitch?
- new gnome is the marine one! Have forgotten the exact name and see now I didn’t put it in the notes. Super cute though! One of the best gnomes so far ever It can be found in buydebug or treasure chests or underwater caves and so on.
- the mermaids I “made” swam to unchartered islands and got stuck if not watching/controlling them
- when a mermaid gets dehydrated there’s a 3h moodlet before death occurs. They faint and I think I saw the one I “killed” twitch like a fish on land, you know
- the receptionist at a resort was “sniffing” the air when my mermaid sim went to book a room to try the waterfall amenity – one has to be checked in to click anything on the lot with a sim. So mermaids “smell”?
- you seem to be able to send seashells online like the elixirs from SN
- there’s diving work to be had at restaurants, science facility and the grocery stores (and probably on some more of them, didn’t click all)
- no mermaids in CAS – due to it being “tricky”, if I summarize what I heard, but just make an awesome sim, have it eat mermaid’s kelp (cheat the LTR points) and customize fin and bra with a mirror and you’re done!
- you can “rick/nest/stack” the new stones on eachother (what’s been done on underwater lots to create those awesome rock formations!)
- the “wild” mermaid I saw was “splashable” at the surface but wouldn’t dive down so I could experiment more with it (betting MammiGris has some pics of more things)
- underwater there are quite a few neat topics for mermaids, as well as on land (check the prtscn pics)
- didn’t notice any special magical abilities for mermaids, other than the fin/topics/moodlets
- to be scuba diving underwater you need level 5 or more, but more skilled sims can bring a newbie down with them (had a mermaid accompany a level 3-sim on a date)
- mermaids seem to reproduce like “normal SN:s” = can get pregnant and get sims pregnant and then there’s a normal 50/50-chance for mermaid baby. The toddler’s legs are scaly, and not necessarily the parents’ color (it seems like) and they change color when aging. Not until when teens do they get a fin in the water (at least for me). I got triplets with a mermaid and a normal sim as parents, one of them was a mermaid
-two new favorite music styles = the two new radio stations
- you can woohoo in the underwater caves, bubbles emerge from it
- sometimes exploring a cave will lead to to an unchartered island. There are 7 islands, and you unlock each of them in different ways. For example the LTR to get an island can only be used once/Isla Paradiso neighborhood and unlocks a specific one, and some a mermaid has to show you, some should become yours if you go near them with a boat, some you need to find the map fragments in bottles on beaches, in caves and on the sea floor. You need 4 pieces to reconstruct the map. One you’re rewarded if you reach the maximum level of the lifeguard career and so on.
- 04:00 I suspect is the time when underwater creatures or the seashell spawners “refresh/reset” or something like that happens, since the game acts like when the insects and bugs vanish/resets at 19:00 and 23:00.
- if you get high enough relationship with a “wild mermaid” you can call it through a conch seashell and if it “has the time” it’ll come by the lot
- can invite the wild mermaids to shore
- only 4 underwaterdivelots :< But they’re pretty!
- houseboats can’t sink, but the engine can break down while upgrading it so that you’re stranded on the houseboat at sea until you’ve fixed it
- no divelots can be made/placed successfully in the other neighborhoods easily, since the sea there is too shallow and you’ll need to have enough space and it must be in a “swimmable” area
- you can’t have resorts in the WA-world nor in the UL-university
- when children are trick-or-treating they’ll not consider going to houseboats far away as a place to go
- the underwater creatures should be possible to have in the fishbowls, but it was kinda’ nonspecific about if the windowaquarium from LN and the normal 2-square-6-spot-fishtank can host them.
- practically every normal fish will randomely swim on underwater lots (it seems like) I there’s spawner for it, and they can be caught by both mermaids and normal sims
- there’s a moving option so that you can move a household from one world to another without saving to the library first and all that

the patch will bring this (among other things?):
- CAW will be updated with houseboat f a player without IP gets the world the houseboat “lots” will simply just not appear/be in it
- the new foundations
- the ladder
- the new spiral staircase
- some blueprints
- ability to lower foundation

Ehm.. now I seem to have a memory loss for what else I might’ve learned. But make sure to check http://www.facebook.com/simsevents for _all_ pics + some fellow simmers’ pics and info and links to more And make sure to check SimGoodie’s post about all this whenever it’s ready, as well as Lime’s and all the others’! They write properly at least xD

Will try to pick a few of all the pics to show here in further posts and then maximum of 5/post, and do not quote with the pics inside the quote Uhm.. yeah... so now I'll hit "submit" and go find the "best pics".. xD

This message was edited 5 times. Last update was at 06/01/13 07:09 PM

Pulversoppa

Some pics then!

...do not just click water and pick "dive here" or whatever, since the sim with them swim there which takes forever! Choose "boat here" and then when they've arrived you click to dive.

the end of mermaid tranformation

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 06/01/13 04:54 PM

Pulversoppa

Pulversoppa

the sim gets attacked if standing near a swarm of mosquitos, and smack them with various results and hilarious animations. GIANT mosquito I'd say. You can't "catch" the mosquito and keep in a glass cage like with other "insects".

The LTR enabling you to send the Kraken on other sims is great.... They will then be robbed of their means of transportation and have a panic and then swim ashore. To release the Kraken on them they have to be "far enough" out into the water, away from the mainland...
Pulversoppa

Pulversoppa

Pulversoppa

I'll probably go and delete that radio mast thingy as soon as I can in my own game.

As I said, first boat to the buoy, then click to dive, or it'll take forever.
Pulversoppa

Harvesting kelp
Pulversoppa

The wild mermaid I saw had sunglasses and stayed at the surface to get splashed by my own mermaid, but that was all she could do with him there, at the surface.

This wasa rather close thing. I were drowning him and then with just a liiiiittle bit left a shark comes and attacks him, but he survives luckily...

...but not for long
Pulversoppa

Can't not think of the Kamino aliens in Star Wars when seeing that cave monster!

One of my favorite ghost colors, I'll admit..
Tojax

Thank you for sharing The game looks impressive... Is it weird that I kind of like the underwater Grim Reaper with the trident?

I was wondering if you could tell me whether there are any new clothing items and/or hairstyles for children in IP?

Pulversoppa

When a sim turns into a mermaid the scuba diving skill gets maxed instantly, and they can bring sims down to underwater lots even if they do not yet have level 5.

Pregnant sims are of course not allowed to do anything exciting in the water.

It's so pretty with the moon- or sunlight coming down through the surface, depending on what time of day it is!
Pulversoppa

Tojax wrote:Thank you for sharing The game looks impressive... Is it weird that I kind of like the underwater Grim Reaper with the trident?

I was wondering if you could tell me whether there are any new clothing items and/or hairstyles for children in IP?

Lol, I'd not say so! I love him with the trident and squee:d when I saw him.

There are! There was this rather nice dress for girl sims and of course the children ahv scuba suits and so on. SimGoodie-Alexander said he'd take pics of CAS so I just went on playing to not make it double ^^
Pulversoppa

Windsurfing can take your sims into the mists of areas they couldn't reach otherwise

...and I'm such a cloud+lighting+sunset+sunrise+water maniac I have waaay too many pics of such things.. xD

Love the new gnome!
...woups.
Pulversoppa

The islands are rather cute. Not near as cute as Lime though

Livin' on the edge....literally.

Mermaids seem to smell fishy, or they're as loved as the vamps and ghosts perhaps. The receptionist seemed to be "sniffing".

-picturing how that animation will look soooo beautiful in the right surrounding-

Works/looks exactly like the children do with Generations sandcastle building.

Post Reply Forum Index » Island Paradise
Go to: