Ask here, if anything is unclear. It will help you avoid most patching problems.
If you have crashing issues, please make your own thread in the technical part of this forum. This one is about GAMEPLAY bugs
I do not have a solution for uninstalling Store content other than reinstalling all of them. If you have the issue, please post in the technical or Store technical section of this forum.
Please remove your mods before posting. Even if they say they are updated. You can only be sure something is a EA bug if you play a vanilla game.
There is no need for reading this whole thread but please check my posts on this first page if your issue has been reported and only post if you have extra info to add.
Remember that the patch will make your game 'EP' ready. Most of the bugs (unless they are specific to functionality of the EP) and fixes will also apply if you only have the patch and NOT the EP.
Please post the info asked in the second post and I'd appreciate it if you follow the rules
1. Please DO NOT VENT in this thread. If you are not happy with the game, post in another thread that most likely will pop up or start your own. I will need to read through all posts and venting will make me skip your post. Make your statement as calm and informative as possible.
2. Don't post things like: It doesn't work or I got an error message. I don't know how to help you with that. Describe as accurate as possible what you tried and what your problem is. Post any error messages you receive as you seem them (screen-shots are great)
3. Make sure that you have removed ALL your custom content, especially mods for they are most likely not compatible anymore. This also applies if you are only getting the patch. Check with the creators before putting them back.
4. You can also post your bugs/problems if you have not but the expansion but updated to the newest patch.
5. Please do not post any technical issues like crashes, graphic card problems or incompatibility messages. They go in the technical section of this forum and there are people there that can better help you than me.
6. Please read the compiled lists to see if anyone has posted before and if there's a solution to your problem. I will try to keep links so you can go to the post of the person for extra info but that might prove difficult if lots of people have the problem. If you have extra info to add, please do so. Also let me know if you feel that I have misinterpreted your post.
7. Also consult my blog at Crinrict's Sims 3 Help Blog to see if you are running into an old problem that already has a solution
8. You may also post any fixed bugs or solutions you might find.
9. Please do not link to another post if you have already posted somewhere else. Copy/Paste your post and add the link as extra info. This forum will probably be a pain to navigate again and if I don't have to go consult other threads to what might be your problem, that's a huge relieve.
10. Keep in mind that I'm in a different time zone than most of you guys. Be patient, I will try to answer anyone (except venting posts).
11. If you are replying to a question of mine, please quote your problem/my question or recap in short. It will help me tremendously if I don't have to go back to see what your problem was and I can't keep them all in mind.
12. Check your game if you have any old cc-framework leftovers and remove.
13. Please don't post: I don't have the time to read all this. I find that rather insulting because it tells me, you didn't even bother to read the first post. I'm taking MY time to help you guys out and I'm not compensated by EA for this so the least you can do is read the first few posts before making your statement.
14. Please do not edit your post to add extra info to it unless no one else has answered you. I'm not going back in reading the thread, so I might miss extra info. Simply make a new post and restate your issue.
15. Please also excuse if my answers are short and to the point. I usually have to cover a lot of ground and I can't be elaborate about everything. It's not meant in a rude way at all. I appreciate everyone that is taking part in this.
16. If you opened a thread on a certain issue you want linked, post the link in this thread and I will add it. Make sure there aren't any threads there yet.
17. If you feel that I'm not treating everyone in the same way, you're probably right. There are people that have been reporting since my first bug thread and others that are modders/creators themselves. I feel that I know when a bug report of those people is legit and when not, so I'll be quicker to add those compared to people I don't know at all.
18. Please use proper english and no text language. Also try to use punctuation where applicable and don't put everything in one paragraph. Those are very hard for me to read. I'm German speaking, so that would help me a great deal to understand what you are saying.
Make sure your Origin is up-to-date (if you are using it). If your Origin is not at that version and you are not prompted an update, you will need to uninstall and get the newest version here: http://www.origin.com/us/about
Crashing issues are mainly technical and belong in the technical forum. Please make your own thread there, posting your DxDiag and info about cc, when it crashes and other useful stuff.
If you are experiencing crashes after load screen or after a few minutes of game play, it's most likely a DEP problem. The game has now a new .exe file in your base game folder. Make sure to add the following new files to your DEP:
TS3W.EXE in your base game\bin folder.
If you have technical issue, please post in any of these threads:
A word on Mods/Hacks It's ok to use them, I do too (I even recommend some of them), but please please, educate yourself about them. Don't just pop something in. There are many mods that conflict with each other and there are many mods that will be outdated with every patch (that's how it works).
Some of the mods need to be uninstalled in a special way but it will always tell you in the mod description if that is the case. So PLEASE read them and DO what it says.
Abbreviations used MC = MasterController: Mod by Twallan
SP = StoryProgression Mod: Mod by Twallan
CC = Custom Content: cloth, objects, hair, etc from third-parties you add to your game.
DEP = Data Execution Prevention: Windows security feature.
MTS = ModTheSims: CC Site
TSR = TheSimsResource: A CC Site
This message was edited 15 times. Last update was at 07/12/13 06:58 AM
I'm no longer answering Posts in here. You're welcome to still post your issues but they won't be compiled or answered by me. If you need help with something post in Possible Bugs or Technical Discussion.
How to find your post and my answer (only major posts)
To find your own post, make sure you write down the page you posted on. My answer is most likely in my next post.
salivacocktail suggests to set a bookmark for the thread and note the page numbers in the description. You can edit the description with more page numbers should you post more.
I'll be linking all my answer post in here, including page number.
If I said, I'll add, make sure it gets added. Search the first page to find your name and make sure I understood what you were trying to say. If you reported more than once, your name should appear next to each issue (except for the more common, smaller ones). If you're not happy with what I wrote, please restate your issue with all the info.
I can't help you properly if I don't have this info and it's a pain for all if I have to keep getting back to people.
Since adding everyone to the first page proved to be way to much work for me, I would like to ask you to either repeat your info with every new bug report or link post you had it in before. To get the link of an individual post, right-click on the little notepaper next to the date on top of your post and copy the link.
1. Are you using any Custom Content or mods (If so, please remove all mods. I need it tested on a vanilla game or EA will say it's mod).
2. Do you have Island Paradise or just the Patch ?
3. Which Patch Level are you at ?
4. Did you start a new game or are you playing an existing ones ?
5. Did you transfer an existing Sim over or are they new/Pre-Made ?
6. What town are you currently playing ? EA or Custom ?
7. What is your Operating System (Mac, XP, Vista, Win 7) ?
8. Do you have the download or DVD Version of the game ?
9. Are you reporting for the Uni-World, Home-World or WA-World ?
Lagging/Freezing or any other issues of more technical nature
- What EPs do you own
- Some basic Info about your Computer (please NO DxDiag, they are too long for this thread). Processor, Amount of RAM, Graphic Card and Operating System (Mac, Win 7, Win XP, …) ?
- Do you have a 32 or 64 bit Operating System ?
- Do you use any Store Premium Content ? If so Which ones ?
- Some basic Info about your Computer (please NO DxDiag, they are too long for this thread). Processor, Amount of RAM, Graphic Card and Operating System (Mac, Win 7, Win XP, …), especially your graphic card
- Do you have advanced rendering on (Options - Graphics)
- What date has your graphic card driver
- If you are unsure where to find this info, read this: Finding Devices and Updating Drivers
--> Should be posted in technical.
Serial Code Issues
DO NOT GO HERE! Contact Customer Support Should be posted in technical. See some tips in my blog: [url=http://sims3.crinrict.com/en/2011/04/bug-lags-intermitten t-freezes.html]Lags
This message was edited 25 times. Last update was at 07/12/13 06:22 AM
Any issues in this posts have been reported extensively and some solutions have been found. For the bigger issues, please post in the according threads linked. There's no need to report any of these any more unless you have a new solution
Common Issues with solutions
Bookstores in Twinbrooks and Monte Vista, All Rabbitholes except science center in Lunar Lakes
Cause & Solution
Rabbitholes with doors within 3 tiles cause routing fails when they are too close to the edge of the lot. Move them back a few tiles. Use moveObjects on if necessary
Replace the professional bar with a new copy (only works for problem 1)
ErrorTrap Script Errors with the Scott Family
It seems this family was saved while going to a lot that doesn't exist anymore. Hence, the family is throwing routing errors with OW. Since they live on a houseboat, ET was deleting their houseboat which was a bit over the top. That issue has been corrected.
The family itself should correct themselves eventually so don't worry too much about this issue. Just make sure to update ErrorTrap.
Scuba diving Sims reset to the nearest shore when trying to explore a cave
Go to edit town, grab the cave and let go again. This should make the cave work again.
--> StarlingGray --> Shepherdmoon --> Related to tentacles showing up (Shepherdmoon) ?
--> Also Related to special seeds ? --> This is not the case for most but maybe it can be an extra issue for those who do have seeds in their inventory
--> Car in inventory got sold on reset (dizzydee)
- Sims have to de-pressurize very fast (lovepink42)
- All dive lots are too dangerous (Greenowl77)
--> Resetting the Sim helps
- Snorkeling gives athletic skill instead of scuba diving skill (AmberKotori)
- Snorkeling interaction cancels out pretty fast when snorkeling close to the shore (crinrict, Snapdragon)
- Sim won't stop snorkeling (Jadeleine, daisylee910, anettesb)
- Sims stop scuba diving and get back on land or swim in water without being out of air (crinrict)
--> Related to sharks ?
--> Related to low needs ?
--> Related to dying mermaids (Shepherdmoon) ?
- Sim autonomously wanting to play in the ocean in a world that has no ocean (DOLLDRMS1)
- Changed outfit doesn't stick after snorkeling (Simsgeek201)
- Can “scan for spirits” and “sneak” on sea floor in dive lots (Pulversoppa)
- Resurrection with death flower makes Sim invisible underwater (Pulversoppa)
- Outdoor grills and Easels don't work on additional home lots (BlueShreve, Ricalynn, Jenieusa)
- Lot doesn't count as home lot for birth at home (through Twitter --> BUG ?)
- Can't serve meals (goddessru)
--> Part solution (Jeansoo)
- School bus goes to the wrong house (Gardin11)
- Pool blueprints cannot be placed on leaves on the ground. Those need to be raked first (keekee53)
- Walls can't be recolored (catloverplayer)
- Blueprints delete stuff on the wall (catloverplayer)
There are several routing issues/weirdness with this Isla Paradiso and it's a but difficult to describe those in a few words, so I'm just going to like routing reports here for everyone to read (hint hint to EA)
Since EA doesn't correct existing worlds, the best shot of getting it fixed is the community. ellacharmed from MTS has been doing a great job with other worlds and is now collecting routing issues for IP. Please report yours here: Routing issues – report here or at MTS: Unroutable sims
There seems a lot of sinking into the ground going on.
- Career Opportunities offered outside of work hours (Karritz)
- Mermaids can't fulfill the firewalk opportunity (Mpain_13)
Wishes, LTW, LTR
- All-In-One-Bathroom does not fulfill woohoo wish (TInteriorDesign)
- 40k simoleons from selling collectible LTW doesn't count upwards (abeautifulletdown, TINA180)
--> Try giving them the diver profession
--> Only fish and shells count. Stuff found in chests doesn't
- Shells found while snorkeling don't count towards wishes (@AnswerHQ, crinrict)
- Resort Empire LTW can't be completed cause counter stops (O315LOVE, lionman345)
- Mauled by sharks Sim can still run out of air even with the LTR (Pulversoppa)
- Have a great a party doesn't register (Pulversoppa)
- Sim that drank age freezing potion is aging (daisylee910)
- Life fruit does not subtract a day (daisylee910)
- Playing in Sand interaction appearing everywhere
--> This is a patch gating issue. Will be solved by installing IP. Those who don't want to buy the EP will probably need a mod to fix this.
--> Still appears in the ocean close to the shore or near houseboats (Zandyr_Kayne)
- Take photo with makes Sims just stand there and do nothing (creativegal16, GabbyGirlJ, rosahege, simgirl81, kellza)
--> No need to report anymore unless you have a solution/cause
- Sims cancel out interactions constantly (Penelope)
- Stats of collecting seashells are off and get lost (Snapdragon, kusurusu)
- Missing interactions on seashells (kusurusu)
- Seashells can't be consigned
--> Use Twallan's Consigner
- Sim can't practice Speech on Wall Mirror (okido1987)
--> Solved with factory reset
- Censor Blur is all black and ugly (elanorbreton, okido1987 and many others)
- Basement/Lot in Twinbrooks/Hidden Springs full of water (Simarchangel, TCOVINGTON13)
- Coupon discount have the wrong text (Mathsim43, Mathsim43)
- Endless selling of vegetable/fruit at grocery store (FadedRose)
--> Too much stuff ?
- Sims on outings take two car to go somewhere (catloverplayer, gettish)
- Two cars come to pick up Sim for work (janvel831)
- Butterfly fly inside the house (janvel831)
--> Spawner probably too close to the house.
- Map Pieces can't be transfered between inventories (IvanGroznyy, Jacek83218)
- Can't move things to garbage can and can't click on objects on the first try (janvel831)
- Some windows give cut-outs when zoomed out (Cadmium)
- Kraken can't attack ANY boat (ZeronHitaro)
--> Boat has to be far out (Pulversoppa)
- Sim receives empty text messages (Lilgem19907)
- Child doesn't stay home but trails after adult sim (gngrsnp)
- Many Sims die because of lack of oxygen (ZeekSlider, creativegal16)
- Fountains have no water animation (chopin27)
- spiral staircases placed in basements do not make a cutout in the ceiling (nougatnafnaf)
- Sims can't buy food/drinks form new stands (flormelissa)
- Toddlers can use ladder with the usual distortion (fabjamie, Krisha880)
- Surprise Stew and Mace#11051266]stargazer22[/url])
- Random music from odd places (ZeekSlider)
- Car stuck in inventory (sunsetblast)
--> Existing ?
- New radio stations can't be chosen as favorites (Pulversoppa)
- Fog on uncharted island doesn't lift although discovered (gettish)
- On the bistro the sims will bring the meals out and place them on a table but then go to a different table and eat (catloverplayer)
- Taking a photo on a houseboat makes Sims slide of boat and back (sam123)
- Firefighters are unable to deal with a disaster unless they have "checked in" to the resort (SimeanerBeaner)
- Spirits can't be banned on resorts unless checking in (Pulversoppa)
--> Probably happening for all Ambitions careers
- No laundry generated on houseboats (kec811)
- Gnubb Set doesn't work anymore (Jenieusa)
- Many meteors (GLEichholz)
- Stylist now broken for english games ? (TenderWolf)
- Woohoo at the beach doesn't give moodlet anymore (catloverplayer)
- Jam & Blues, DJ Booth and Karaoke have no sound on houseboats (Jacek83218, Jacek83218)
- Wall speakers can break but can't be repaired (Snapdragon)
- Interaction canceling because of subways (Jhove)
- IF shows as Sim without converting (daisylee910)
- Random resets on field trips (kikuras)
- Newly bought canes only have give gift interaction (justChrisUk)
- Sleeping bags in sim inventory seem to randomly reset sims when leaving lots (dizzydee)
- Pets are only called cat/dog/horse and not family name anymore. Can't be renamed (CLM1227)
- Supernaturals can't turn into Mermaids (Penelope, soyokazenoAme)
--> Cure them first, then make them Mermaids
- Turning off SP but not SN in options causes a conflict for SN at Uni (Snapdragon)
- Werewolves walk at the bottom of the ocean (DivaOfDarkness)
- University items no longer have their animations (ZeekSlider)
--> Effect Files are missing from the patch (Snapdragon)
- Seashell value reset to 0 when traveling/having been at uni (Pulversoppa)
--> Probably also happening on moving and traveling with WA.
- “ink blot test” interaction to work (Pulversoppa)
- Roommates can't leave houseboats (Aliah6644)
- Street Art doesn't work on houseboats (anettesb)
- Multitab suddenly has d instead of h on the moodlet (ciane)
- Dragon moodlets don't count down while Dragon in inventory (janvel831)
- Mermaid babies and toddlers can´t use the Baby Changing Station from the Store (Jadeleine)
- Islo Paradiso is generally lagging for many people. There are many routing issues.
- Boats lag when driving
- Lags due to uncharted islands ? (Snapdragon)
- Shells in inventory trigger Error 12 earlier ? (ZeekSlider)
Make sure you update your sound drivers and delete the Cache files
- Sound comes and goes and hears like a beep (alfje66, SJActress, Mpain_13, EatChees)
--> This might be caused by the mod we can't talk about from the site we can't talk about. If you used that mod, you need to start a new game (without it)
Sim Corruption comes in all kinds of flavors and has been going on for a while. Sims get stuck (on objects, on beds, on each other), jump out of interactions, turn invisible and as a ultimate corruption you loose your UI. There's a loooong thread on the issue in the technical forum: Lags & Invisible, Frozen & Stuck Sims. I can't help out over there right now but there are lots of people with long time experience with the issue. You also find some info on it linked in the first post.
What can you do when it happens to you ? First thing you can try (if you are not opposed to mods that is) is try if Twallan's ErrorTrap or Overwatch can save anything. It's important that you are patch level 1.26 to use ErrorTrap. You might find ScriptErrors after that in your documents folder. Post them in Twallan's forum. He can help you out. NOT here, I can't really read most of them.
That didn't work If you are attached to your family/town, I would suggest, moving everything to a new town. Unfortunatly with the EA approach you loose all your relationships this way (you won't loose any skills this way). You could also use the Twallan's Porter to achieve the same AND keep your relationships.
Na, still nothing Then I would suggest, resetting your user data and start a brand new game. I can be hard, I know but sometimes it's the only way to still enjoy the game.
The corruption might come back after a while so I do recommend using Overwatch to prevent most of the causes of this corruption.
If really nothing helps at all, you might need to reinstall your game, clean your registry and defrag your computer.
Not fixed with Patch 1.50
- Werewolf eyes still reset.
- Bugs with firefighter career (Link)
- Feast Parties still have Sims showing up with invisible plates (applefeather2)
- Opportunities on double rabbitholes still fail.
- Aging reset on dresser/stylist/tattoo chair
- Funky Guitar Animation - Party invitations at Uni every day (WinMacSims3)
- Brain Enhancing Machine allows you to gain charisma without having required friends (WinMacSims3)
- Sims get overheated moodlet when swimming (catloverplayer)
- Blank pictures from saving Sims to bin or on moving (catloverplayer, soyokazenoAme)
- Testingcheat not updated for SN
- Cars piling up
- Invitations to party that don't exists (Mathsim43)
- Horse Animation (was still jerky after the fix)
- Field Trip issue
- Flipping when walking through doors
- "Underground Performers"
- Horse tails causing shiny fur coat
- Food in the fridge is immediately spoiled when a house is moved from one world to another.
- Stuck in Harvest State issue
- LN wall speakers still cannot play custom music
- Multiplying clothing on Potion Mixing Table
- Something still makes the mail box unusable (ZeekSlider)
- Sims can't get to know each other while holding a drink (catloverplayer)
- EA has added a Stuck Check on their own. Curious if that helps matters (source: Twallan)
- The standing seam roof has returned (Source: matrix54@MTS)
- The modular Arch Actually snaps into place. (Source: matrix54@MTS)
- There's more terrain paint from other worlds, from Aurora Skies and Monte Vista (Source: matrix54@MTS)
- Athletic center skill modifier has been fixed
- Onmiplant ordering issue
- Vault of Antiquity now has a proper map tag
- Consignment skill icon is back
This message was edited 18 times. Last update was at 07/07/13 06:15 PM
Please remember to remove all mods if they are not updated. Updated also does not mean free of errors. Scripting & CoreMods need to be verified by the creator.
- Issues with Lifetime Wishes --> Outdated memory mods. After loosing a LTW because of a Mod, you need to reapply in CAS
- Issues with Lifetime Rewards
- Issues with Jumping out of Actions
- Issues with missing skills
- Issues with missing Interactions
- Missing effects --> NoMosaic, NoEffects - Zoom going crazy --> Scan for spirits increased - Elixir store is never open --> NoPaparazzi - Missing books --> Any book mods as well as new custom books such as the Harry Potter book (that's a mod too)
Errors caused by Twallan's Mods
- Missing Snorkel interaction: Update the one Twallan mod that we can't name here. Check his place if you're unsure which one.
- Random moving messages: Update Mover
This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at 07/02/13 11:05 AM
Going through my blog bug list, it would be great if we could get some info on the following bugs.
Has it been solved ? Still there ?
- Save crash on building
- Money tree harvest issue
- Gardening issues in general
- Adventure board not giving out adventures.
- Stuck movement issue (sneaking, running, swimming)
- Simbot opportunity in Bridgeport
I know there's more and if you're unclear on a bug but wanna check it out, let me know.
Also if something has been fixed that has been bugging you that is not on the list of EA fixes, please also let me know.
edit: removing mods allowed these actions *updated 13/06/24*
Also simmers should try further out from objects in order to snorkel. Just as some frozen ponds cannot be skated on, it may very well depend on where you choose to snorkel. This is not necessarily a glitch.
I've got this weird green glow. It's on all the windows and under the mailboxes, and I think it's even affected a dirt road.
I decided to test the new moving feature, mainly for the family tree, (works perfectly, even fixed a problem I've been having where none of my Sims could propose or marry), so I moved from Moonlight Falls to Dragon Valley. But when I moved my family in, I realised the mailbox looked green, and then I realised it was on the windows too. Moonlight Falls was fine, which is why I think it took me by surprise. I looked at the other houses and it was affecting them too. I took pictures, and they'll be uploaded properly momentarily.
By the way, thanks to Crincrit for always making these threads and putting up with all our problems.
Here they are
This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 06/18/13 07:03 PM