Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
How do you build a houseboat?  XML
Forum Index » Island Paradise
CloudyLuik

Anyone figure out where the foundations for the houseboats are? I can not figure it out. How do you build a houseboat?

<3 Love the Sims

idontknowmate

On Edit Town mode, click on a port that unoccupiad, and on the lower left side, it will say 'Set Houseboat'. From there you can build a houseboat.
CloudyLuik

Thank you! Simple enough, but when i read there would be floating foundation, i assumed it would be in regular build mode!

<3 Love the Sims

aminovas

Thanks for posting this, I was totally stuck... seems so obvious now! I bet a lot of other people will be a bit stumped too... I went to move houses and there were no empty houseboats to buy!

ankeller2007

So excited to build one!

I have it installing now, and can't play until later, but I plan to have my people buy an extra house with the new system ... a houseboat!

DonnaNoble

Location:my own little corner, all alone in my own little chair

idontknowmate wrote:On Edit Town mode, click on a port that unoccupiad, and on the lower left side, it will say 'Set Houseboat'. From there you can build a houseboat.

Lower left side of what? I've placed two unoccupied (I assume you mean not owned by sims) ports and can't figure out what you mean.

Edit: Okay, my bad. I was playing in Sunset Valley. You can build a port there but apparently can't place a houseboat. I figured it out after going to new island world.

2nd Edit: well, today's my day for being wrong, nothing new.
After fussing around I discovered I could copy ports from Isla Paradiso and place them in Sunset Valley, then get houseboats to go there.

A couple of problems, first the houseboats cannot navigate all the way past Sunnyside Strand, apparently some unrouteable terrain there. Plus I put a bigger lot there, partly in the water and made it a port. I copied Port Placid from Isla Paradiso into the library bin and put it at Sunnyside Strand location. I was able to put a houseboat there, but after my sim moved it away from the dock he was unable to redock there.

As I was trying a different lot, my game crashed.

Then I checked the forum and found this:
http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/689902.page
that tells better than I can about placing houseboats in other worlds.

Good luck.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 06/26/13 05:59 AM

grobnic356

Small Boat Dock
For docking a Houseboat (15x10 Lot Size). Perfictly sized to fit almost anywhere.
http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=7422767

PS. remember after placing a lot in world editor to set it to Comunity lot/ Port

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 06/26/13 12:29 AM

My Studio :
http://www.thesims3.com/userExchange.html?selectedA
sstType=all&persona=grobnic356
daisylee910

I am having problems. Did a boat on a curved hull and when it leaves port the curved hull stays there. Moved the lot to the bin and back and the hull was gone. Then added the curved hull again. Sailed off and could not go back.

I had to teleport the sim off it.

I tried another port and added a hull, and there is no second lot created to build on where the curved hull is.

Not having fun yet.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 06/26/13 07:51 AM

BlkBarbiegal

grobnic's pic scared me.

Thanks for the info guys!*runs away*

Pnvgoldfish

THanks so much
stormwench

Is there a way to add more 'ports' or are you suck with just the few empty ones in the game?

Forum Index » Island Paradise
Go to: