Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
mooring cleat placement  XML
Forum Index » Island Paradise
carmenscratch

How do you place a mooring cleat, or post in Paradise Island? It always says out of bounds, or must be in water - even when i'm on my own lot. Thanks for any help.
lauradrodriguez

Bump*

I can place a mooring post but not the cleat. My boats keep floating away.
Nik24X7

You should be able to place it on the pier when you're editing the Community Lot that is the Port, not when you're editing the houseboat taht is moored there. The game treats them as two separate lots even though they overlap.
indyChick

I haven't played the game yet. Please, someone help her!

Zeula

You need a dock, the whole thing has to be over water, so you need to put it on a dock. Make sure the dock is also appropriate level to the water. Drag your dock from the water to land, not land to water, to ensure appropriate height. I had issues with it too until I figured it out.

Edit: Give me a moment and I'll get a picture for you!

Edit Edit: Here you go! Mooring Cleat!

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 06/27/13 06:48 PM

nyan-nyan-nyan-nyan-nyan-nyan-nyan-nyan-nyan!
KarilynMonroe2

Zeula wrote: You need a dock, the whole thing has to be over water, so you need to put it on a dock. Make sure the dock is also appropriate level to the water. Drag your dock from the water to land, not land to water, to ensure appropriate height. I had issues with it too until I figured it out.

Edit: Give me a moment and I'll get a picture for you!

Edit Edit: Here you go! Mooring Cleat!

I struggled with this for hours last night! I built a dock/port but the land was a such a high elevation from the water that when I drug the dock from water to land, I couldn't even place a stair from the dock to the land so I did it the other way. Now my houseboat is above water and can't go anywhere. LOL, thats what I get for trying to put it at the top of the river in Lucky Palms. The view is beautiful though!
SPARKY1922

Hi Zeula,

Thank you so much for that info and photo on the mooring cleats as I have spent ages trying to figure out what they do lol

I was hoping they were to attach other smaller boats to the houseboat itself as that's another thing I have been trying to do-) is that even possible I hope so it would look great.
keekee53

thanks for this

Forum Index » Island Paradise
Go to: