Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
My downloads wont download onto my sims 3 game launcher, any suggestions?  XML
Post Reply Forum Index » Technical Discussion (EN)
MWATERS95

This exact thing is happening to me. I just bought ts3 game and im already having issues downloading the items from the store because as soon as they get into my launcher, they're status is always the red X and the items are pictured as cardboard boxes. I've tried so much and had epiphany after epiphany to no avail. Whatever. Hope they fix the prob soon especially for you guys who actually spent money.
Signafabrizio

gahhH!! This is SOOO frustrating! i just want my bought items!! WHY IS THIS SO DIFFICULT?!! i dont understand why i just cant get my bought content! every time with that red circle with a slash. i just want my bought content!! HELP!
georgierox1993

I'm not sure if this is the same 2 your problems... but Whenever I try 2 install stuff from my downloads folder onb my sims 3 launcher it simply lets me do it... then it says that it can't do it... it has one of those crossed out circle thingys... soo yes... thats my problem, it wont even let me download sims from this website... i don't have internet on my laptop as of yet, but i have borrowed my mums dongle.. i got as far as getting it in the downloads folder until it failed to install. Maybe I need an update? (Thats impossible when u don't have internet... & the only internet u have happens 2 be impossibly slow ) I hate to admit this... but I honestly prefer sims 2. I didn't have all of these problems..... If anybody has fpund the solution please send it 2 me <3 xxx
CrymzonDeSade

I'm having a similar issues I can see my downloads in the launcher but they won't instal to my game I have been on the phone with them many times now finally got an email from the experts a **** email not a call what awful customer service and its been over 24 hours since I responded to the email. we have spent a lot of money on these games I finally told them if this issue isn't resolved I want my money back I have had nothing but issues since day one
Alburee

I just spent sim points on the edwardian kitchen set, and clicked download, but nothing is appearing in downloads in sims 3 launcher... first it was saying cannot connect to origin, even though I have all that installed, so i Uninstalled origin and installed again, now the downloads say nothing and dont even appear..
I want to get my items i paid for.. help?!?
Tiki5872

I am having this issue trying to re-install items from my purchase history.. mainly Hidden Springs! It keeps telling me its installed, but when I go into my game it's not there. Can't believe I paid money for an item that I can't even freaken use!! I have tried to install using the in-game shop mode.. that did not work. Tried to clear my browsing history and cookies... that did not work. Even downloaded Firefox and that also did not work. It seems EA figures they have our money so they could care less..... well ya know what EA.... You are not getting anymore of my money!

mashellestevens

Tiki5872 wrote:I am having this issue trying to re-install items from my purchase history.. mainly Hidden Springs! It keeps telling me its installed, but when I go into my game it's not there. Can't believe I paid money for an item that I can't even freaken use!! I have tried to install using the in-game shop mode.. that did not work. Tried to clear my browsing history and cookies... that did not work. Even downloaded Firefox and that also did not work. It seems EA figures they have our money so they could care less..... well ya know what EA.... You are not getting anymore of my money!

This is the exact problem I am having and it is driving me nuts. I used to have the game and then i gave it a way but recently bought it again and I am trying to reinstall all my bought content. Keeps saying it is installed to buy mode or creat a sim mode and all that, but it isn't there. It shows up on the launcher as installed but once i close the launcher and reopen it it dissapears. It makes me so angry. I have been playing and paying for sims for years now and it has NEVER just worked properly....

Lamb_likeawolf

I was having the exact same problem. I SOLVED IT! (skip to the bottom of my post) Contained within this post are the various methods I tried before solving it. If you haven't tried many, this is certainly worth looking at.

Two things I downloaded from the store actually downloaded in the launcher (the Betty Blouse and Riverview)

The others are a grayed out package, and the status has a red circle with a slash through it. Mousing over it, I get the message, "we're sorry, but the product could not be downloaded at this time. Please try again later."

Contacted EA support following the directions here:
https://help.ea.com/article/who-can-i-contact-for-sims-3-store-

support
They sent me here:
https://help.ea.com/article/troubleshooting-exchan...-downloads
-on-pc?showhome=true

Will let you know which of the steps worked.

1) Closing the launcher did nothing.
2) Clearing the cache didn't work. (I am using firefox.)
3 & 4) Running the game launcher as an administrator prevented items from showing up in the game launcher after clicking to download them from the website.
5) Changing the browser (to internet explorer) didn't work. And it did the same thing as #2 when combined with running the launcher as an administrator.
6 & 7) Doesn't apply; they're not going to the desktop.
Turning off UAC) (note: requires a computer restart) Did nothing.

The next person I spoke with had me try a couple of different things, including clearing out my cache files, but none of them worked. (He had me try disabling the UAC settings again, with the game cache files cleared. He had me try downloading it from a different broswer. He had me try linking to the store form the launcher.)

After reading through this thread, I noticed that some people have tried getting the items in their game through the in-game store (which didn't work for them) but it is something I haven't tried myself.
I then learned that the option "enable shop mode" needs to be checked in the game to allow me to even get to shop mode. I searched EVERYWHERE in my game, and found no such option. Searching for why, the issue may be that I do not have the most recent update to the game. While the EA download manager said that my game IS indeed fully updated, it was lying to me. Reinstalling the download manager and re-starting my computer afterwards, and being logged into the download manager first, I find that I can download the store items.

It updated my game from version 1.00.631 to version 1.29.55
You can check your game version at the bottom left corner of the launcher from any of the pages. I didn't need to try from the in-game store menu.

Wish the rest of you good luck!
Philokitty

I had a problem today where anything I tried to download from the website would not show up in the launcher download page. Neither store items nor exchange items would show up. When I clicked to add an item it would open the launcher, but it still would not show up on the downloads page. I tried using different browsers, I turned off UAC, made sure the game was updated, etc.

What finally worked: when I have the game running, I pause it and minimize it, and browse the website with the game running in the background, my downloads show up in the launcher. I am using Chrome and UAC is still off. I don't know why it works when the game is running, but it does!

I hope this helps someone!
Jelly101m

Mine lets me purchase items but they don't come up in the launcher because a message pops up in a blue box saying unable to connect to the EA download manager.. Does anyone know how to fix this? I don't think it's my connection because my internet works just fine. I'm starting to get worried that if this doesn't start working i cannot install game updates cause at the moment it wont let me. Thankgod i don't have any at the moment. This is fustrating.
DerpyxHooves

I am actually having a VERY different problem than most of you. I just got a laptop with windows 7. I downloaded sims 3, and expansion packs, then went on a grand journey for Custom Content. I found a house that was absolutely gorgeous, and attempted to download it. An error message appears, telling me that Windows doesn't know how to open the file.

If anyone can help me I would greatly appreciate it.
Hello83433

Same thing here, wish they would fix it already.
This is just making simmers mad.
AbbyMcTabby

Jelly101m wrote:Mine lets me purchase items but they don't come up in the launcher because a message pops up in a blue box saying unable to connect to the EA download manager.. Does anyone know how to fix this? I don't think it's my connection because my internet works just fine. I'm starting to get worried that if this doesn't start working i cannot install game updates cause at the moment it wont let me. Thankgod i don't have any at the moment. This is fustrating.

Just click Ok to that message and when the blue box closes, download the store item again. I get that message every time I open the launcher but usually if I click Ok the box closes and everything carries on as normal; I think it's just that I don't sign in from the launcher, I open IE and sign in at the homepage instead.
Shepherdgoth

is it not fixed yet?

Loser, Night Owl, Bookworm, Neurotic, Loner.

http://werewolf-hero.deviantart.com/ My DA
Handley

[b]I am another victim of buying Sim points to get Lunar Lakes and I am unable to get it downloaded into my game. I hope someone is working on this problem and it will be fixed soon. I read some suggestions from other players, but I don't want to uninstall all my Sims. Tried to install it from the game and it didn't work. Please let me know if this problem gets fixed. I had to spend $40 to get enough points to get it. Hate to lose that much money. Want to get the new Sims coming out, but would like to have this problem fixed first. I know you all try to do your best and I appreciate all your hard work in keeping us entertained. thanks

Post Reply Forum Index » Technical Discussion (EN)
Go to: