Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
Mermaid Hydration Motive decay in the ocean  XML
Forum Index » Island Paradise
upinout

the first thing I did when getting Island Paradise was find, befriend and then add a mermaid to my active family. As I've been playing, I've noticed that my mermaid's hydration motive keeps going down while swimming/diving in the ocean.

I removed all mods from my game before installation and have only put in one that I made myself that has nothing to do with motives. It's a mod that makes all fish/fruit buyable in the base neighborhood, adds money tree seeds, Omni plant seeds, death flower and forbidden fruit to the town store, removes opportunity requirements for the meat/cheese plants and also makes Turkey, hotdog, tofu, beeswax and honey plantable items on their own.

That is and has been the only mod I've added to my game since installing this EP.

Still, the only way I can raise my mermaid's hydration motive is to enable testing cheats and manually drag the motive bar full.

Has anyone else had issues with their mermaid's hydration motive?
sage_blosssom

Yes I have noticed this too! I found a fix, though. I sent my mermaid to use the All In One bathroom, and her hydration bar filled up!
upinout

Yeah, I realized I never actually tried to have the mermaid shower, and that did work to fill up the hydration motive.

Still, swimming in the ocean is supposed to raise that motive too.
Shnysprkly1

This happened to me as well. I had one game with a mermaid that I made with the lifetime reward, and she was fine. Swimming in the ocean or standing out in the rain would hydrate her. She befriended Salty Seaworth and another mermaid, and they moved in. They could also swim in the ocean to hydrate. Then I created a new game because Triton King had disappeared from the game, and I wanted my mermaid to marry him.

In the new game, my sim finally met and moved in Triton King, but Triton's hydration need keeps going down even when he's swimming. I've reset him, but the rain and the ocean don't hydrate him, only the all-in-one bathroom so far can. I don't know why.
bshag4lv

Location:Right here at my computer, where my cat sits and watches and wonders, is that all she does.

I had the same problem in my family of mermaids and in another thread someone posted there's a mod at MTS to fix this glitch. For those who use mods, this one works great...no more dehydrating in the ocean.

A balanced diet is a cookie in each hand.

Forum Index » Island Paradise
Go to: