Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
Release the Kraken...(or not)?!  XML
Forum Index » Island Paradise
crimrose

I got the Friend of the Kraken lifetime reward, and I'm having a big problem getting it work on anyone.

I click on boats that are moving and it says "The Kraken doesn't seem to be able to attack this boat." Some boats are often in too shallow water, which makes sense, but very few Sims seem to go out to the open ocean. Even when they do, I still get it as they are driving...so I'm wondering if the boat has to be stationary in order for the Kraken to be able to attack it. In which case, how bloody useless, because none of the Sims around town ever randomly stop in the middle of the ocean. They're always driving somewhere, and they rarely venture very far from shore.

Any help, tips or advice?! I was really looking forward to seeing the Kraken and setting it on people, but it seems like that won't be happening anytime soon...

YourLoversLover

I followed a boat with two ppl in it till it stopped at a dive site. Only one person got out so it stayed for a bit and I was able to click release the Kraken. All it did was take my sim to the nearest shore then she stood there doing nothing. I hit it again and still nothing happened. Go to try it again and the option is grayed out. Something is definitely weird with this feature.
smilies246

You should be able to use it on any moving boat, and it makes the sims in it cancel their actions and die!!! Mwah hah hah!!!!!

YourLoversLover

smilies246 wrote:You should be able to use it on any moving boat, and it makes the sims in it cancel their actions and die!!! Mwah hah hah!!!!!

When you say "you should be able to..." Are you saying we have a bug oe that EA should have made it so that's what happens?
afpickren

I'm having the same issue. Haven't got it to work ONCE. Maybe it's a bug.

Nik24X7

Have you tried at the dive spots? I've noticed that often times, once my Sim gets out of his/her boat and starts to scuba dive, other boats show up and stop nearby.
afpickren

Yep, tried that to no avail

lawrieee

Has anyone managed it yet? I still can't manage to wreak havoc

MooseJoose

I have the same problem, it's like the kraken doesn't exist for some awkward reason...
conundrum_dragon

I have not been able to get it to work in my game yet either, I have not even seen the Kraken in my game yet.

http://dragonvalleysims3.blogspot.com/

http://ts3homelessonabarge.blogspot.com/

reda03

i cant get the kraken life time wish to work either smh i wasted all my lifetime points on that one wish an it wont get granted smh thanks alot ea
candy8

My Sim also has the Kraken life time wish and I have had not luck either with using this feature.
lucie_1011_sims3

It worked once when I released it on a member from my household, but other than that is has never worked for me!!
lovesstorms

As part of a story, I had to have a couple get attacked by the kraken. I had another person move in with them & get the lifetime wish. Then, made them stop in the middle of the ocean (from what I've read, the depth of the ocean and they have to be sitting still is what the keys are).

So, I did it once and I had my pause & "c" buttons ready for pictures. Unfortunately, it happened WAY too fast. So, I had to do it multiple times until I finally was able to get pictures. It takes FOREVER because once an attack happens, you can't have the kraken attack for another 24 sim hours. So, I finally got smart, had my people all ready, saved the game, then clicked attack. Then, if it was too fast, I'd just reload my game (without saving it) and attack again.

I finally got my shots for my story! Here's just one:

thevogel

That is an awesome photo!!!!!

Forum Index » Island Paradise
Go to: