Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
Mermaid makeover failure?  XML
Post Reply Forum Index » Island Paradise
cindyanne1

Is anyone else experiencing this? I moved a mermaid into my family, and gave her a makeover... all appeared okay until she went into the ocean and changed to mermaid form. She then reverted back to her original hair and hair color for the mermaid form.

Any ideas how I can keep my mermaid's new style for her mermaid form?
s2702913

I had a similar situation. I used a cheat to make over a mermaid who wasnt in my household. I found that when she was in human form she looked the way I wanted her to but then mermaid form she changed back. Then I moved her into my family and every fixed itself.
SkyMass11

Location:Well, I wish I were somewhere else if that's worth saying.

Did you prompt this makeover using the mirror, cindyanne1?

Are you using any mods as well?

I know using a cheat to change the mermaid features will not make the changes stick properly and/or even temporarily mess up the feet to tail conversion when the mermaid swims.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 07/02/13 12:39 PM

smilies246

No, I think it is a bug, I saw a simmer on youtube change hair by mirror but it went back to normal in mermaid form, it happened to me when I changed hair colour, she was blonde as a human, brown as a mermaid (looked cool haha) I think you have to stop being a mermaid then become a mermaid for it to be updated??

No one can think I can jump over the moon! Touch the sky riding the va va voom!!! I like the muzik!!!!
SkyMass11

Yeah, it is a bug as well. This strange thing seems to vary from player to player right now.

There is a bug thread you can look at to see what to do about it or at least keep looking to see if a solution has been found:
http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/686687.page

I've personally left mermaids alone for right now- I'm too busy freaking out over the Kraken because I'm terrified of even childish, simulated water monsters
ELIROC

SkyMass11 wrote:Yeah, it is a bug as well. This strange thing seems to vary from player to player right now.

There is a bug thread you can look at to see what to do about it or at least keep looking to see if a solution has been found:
http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/686687.page

I've personally left mermaids alone for right now- I'm too busy freaking out over the Kraken because I'm terrified of even childish, simulated water monsters

Wow I'd like to find the Kraken, I must check where to find it! Is it big?

SkyMass11

It affects your little motorboats your Sims scoot around on, and sometimes it goes beneath your houseboat but doesn't do anything to that. Yeah, it's pretty large D: Here is what it does to the boats:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nORG74RX02k

It spawns randomly for your Sims in specific areas, however, there is a Lifetime Reward called Friend of the Kraken (or just make your Sim a mermaid- as mentioned above, haven't explored them just yet). Don't know the full details of the reward though, as I haven't gotten enough points to get it just yet.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 07/02/13 01:39 PM

catloverplayer

This also happens if your sim has plastic surgury at the hospital your mersim that is.

Post Reply Forum Index » Island Paradise
Go to: