Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
Custom Dive Lot Photos *New Pics 07/21 - BATTLE OF PIRATE COVE page 5*  XML
Post Reply Forum Index » Island Paradise
JEREMYSIMS01

I have just completed two custom dive lots in DV. There are several tutorials available for anyone who would like to learn how to build custom diving lots for IP or other worlds. Weealbet has a very good video tutorial at http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/30/694293.page

If you have any photos, information or thoughts on Dive Lots please feel free to post.

Here are a few pictures of lots that I am working on:

I was able to add Hogan's Deep Sea Diner to the ocean floor using MOO. Although the ship does not function as a diner on the ocean floor, it does add an interesting touch to the dive lot.

You can use the IP underwater objects in your custom lots by going to buydebug.

Here I incorporated the Troll Statue found in buydebug with the IP stackable boulders. The Showtime Stellar Show FX Pod is fully functional under water. I added it to the coral to produce bubbles.

All of the lighting fixtures and buydebug lights are also fully functional in dive lots. You can set up some nice lighting effects for late night diving.

This message was edited 8 times. Last update was at 07/21/13 02:02 PM

ElizabethMorin

Awesome pics!

I just love the way the kelp forest creates that mysterious green glow in the first picture.

My youtube channel:
http://www.youtube.com/user/LizzSimmer
JEREMYSIMS01

Thank you. There is a fog emitter code for ocean light rays that enhances this effect.

Cali1079

is there a cheat necessary to place new dive spots in Isla paradiso. If so, do you know what it is?
JEREMYSIMS01

Cali1079 wrote:is there a cheat necessary to place new dive spots in Isla paradiso. If so, do you know what it is?

To build custom dive spots you will need to use several cheats:

testingcheatsenabled true

enablelotlocking true (this is necessary to set a community lot to "diving area" and to edit existing dive lots that have been locked)

buydebug (this will give you access to the underwater items in IP)

I have a link in the first post for a video tutorial by Weealbet that will show you step by step how to create dive lots. This process will work in IP and most other EA or custom worlds. I have built dive spots for Dragon Valley and Sunlit Tides. I am now working on lots for Starlight Shores.

blewis823

I love how colorful you have made the decor in your dive lot. I should do the same to see all the decor I put in mine.

I created a 40x40 one for Sunset Valley and really love it. It only requires a level 1 scuba skill to dive in and the caves require a level 3, but that is for my gameplay. I am still tweaking it and adding stuff, but I am very happy with it.

JEREMYSIMS01

@blewis823 - Your lot looks great. I like the way you have altered the terrain. Thanks for sharing!

anettesb

I hope some of you will share your dive lots...

click siggy to take part in the contest
Akl500P

blewis823 wrote:I love how colorful you have made the decor in your dive lot. I should do the same to see all the decor I put in mine.

I created a 40x40 one for Sunset Valley and really love it. It only requires a level 1 scuba skill to dive in and the caves require a level 3, but that is for my gameplay. I am still tweaking it and adding stuff, but I am very happy with it.

OOO good to know this works in Sunset Valley, I have my favorite legacy in sunset and just moved them there and updated the neighborhood so I don't feel like moving again haha. Anyone know if houseboats work in other worlds?? I'd like to do that too

Wilderwolf

I have two so far for a world I'm making in CAW. It's post-apocalyptic, almost everything is on houseboats because the world is almost all ocean with a few islands, which the wealthy have claimed. I love that we can place anything underwater, because it works out perfectly for my "world consumed by water" idea I've had forever.

Remembrance
The amazement of seeing the sunken water tower makes this the most popular spot for divers.

Billboard Rift Zone
It's hard to believe this was once a popular highway.

If you want to check out what else I have done so far for my world, the thread is here.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 07/07/13 12:20 AM

JEREMYSIMS01

@Akl500P - I have added houseboats in Dragon Valley and Starlight Shores. All you need to do is add a port in the world you are playing, and you should be good to go.

@Wilderwolf - Very creative lots. Thanks for posting your pictures!

JEREMYSIMS01

I've added a new diving area to Starlight Shores - Siren Call.

AwesomeGinger952

JEREMYSIMS01 wrote:

I have a link in the first post for a video tutorial by Weealbet that will show you step by step how to create dive lots. This process will work in IP and most other EA or custom worlds. I have built dive spots for Dragon Valley and Sunlit Tides. I am now working on lots for Starlight Shores.

Can you please make some dive lots for Moonlight Falls once you're done with Starlight Shores?

HAPPY SIMMING
JazminAdore

Jeremysim, your dive spots are so gorgeous!

Eveebella

Awesome builds I just love them, Simmers here are so good at this stuff, I am in awe of you guys.

Post Reply Forum Index » Island Paradise
Go to: