Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
it has ran its course..  XML
Post Reply Forum Index » The Sims 4
sweetface44

sometimes it is best just to let something go, than to keep beating a dead horse...
with that I am saying that the sims franchise has possibly run its course.. I have a hard time wondering what else can be done with sims.. sims 1 and 2 great games.. no wonderful games.. the sims 3 took a turn for the worse with better graphics and dumbed down game play, as for me a long time sims player maybe its time to move on to something else, because I really hate to see what ea does to the sims 4. I am hoping for the best, but the game designers of this age have lost some magic in creating a great game mostly because of greed, just putting games out there very buggy and dumbed down to save time, and cut corners which in turn makes a boring unplayable not enjoyable game. nope I am not excited about the sims 4 I want to see what they can do to breathe life back into the series because for me right now the sims series is on its death bed on life support from all of us long time simmers hoping to see some sort of signs of life with the sims 4... we will see, but maybe its run its course..

pandabearrox

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!! Lol, I love it too much, I will honestly still play a sims 10 if it ever gets that far lol
Rflong7

Hi

Believe it or not, Some people never played The Sims or The Sims 2. A lot of people growing up haven't even played TS3.

So, while you might have played all of it and have done it all in the game, there's people who never have, to whom the game will be new and shiny.

Plus, it's a good thing there are creative people out there who do have more ideas, can see more ways to make the game interesting and breath new life into it.

There are still things in the world the game hasn't simulated or has only skimmed the surface.
Most games are only a new shiny cover with the same old games we all grew up playing anyway.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 07/12/13 02:15 PM

Sk8rblaze

I'm hoping TS4 will be the best, however, I'm not expecting it after hearing there was a lead designer who decided to strip the team of anyone who developed the past games, adding completely new ones. From there, he apparently tried to make it online but they were all unhappy with it, he got fired, and the old ones returned. Funny how after that, they're claiming it will go back to the roots.

Either way, I'm expecting delays. A lot of delays or a poorly, unfinished game.
sims3_hooked_me

Sweetface 44,at times, I have questioned whether the money Sims cost is worth the game any more.As I read through the forums, there are many people that truly enjoy Sims 3 and are going to enjoy Sims 4 regardless of error. I have been with the Sims Franchise since Wil Wright introduced it to us but the game has gotten away from what the Sims truly was. After changing my name to Sims 3 hooked me I lost interest in the game after finding that the game was boring. I do not like the fact that everything has a price on it. The contents in the store should not cost that much when the games cost so much. My name on Sims 4 forum will be Sims 3 discouraged me. The perfect Sims game would be one that does not require a new laptop and mocks the daily ventures of a person. I am not the least bit excited for Sims 4 and neither are all the people I know that were with the Sims from Sims 1. Now that is not to say that we all won't get the Sims 4, all I am saying is it had better be pretty dammed awesome.
sweetface44

sims3_hooked_me wrote:Sweetface 44,at times, I have questioned whether the money Sims cost is worth the game any more.As I read through the forums, there are many people that truly enjoy Sims 3 and are going to enjoy Sims 4 regardless of error. I have been with the Sims Franchise since Wil Wright introduced it to us but the game has gotten away from what the Sims truly was. After changing my name to Sims 3 hooked me I lost interest in the game after finding that the game was boring. I do not like the fact that everything has a price on it. The contents in the store should not cost that much when the games cost so much. My name on Sims 4 forum will be Sims 3 discouraged me. The perfect Sims game would be one that does not require a new laptop and mocks the daily ventures of a person. I am not the least bit excited for Sims 4 and neither are all the people I know that were with the Sims from Sims 1. Now that is not to say that we all won't get the Sims 4, all I am saying is it had better be pretty dammed awesome.

that's sure right!

sweetface44

Sk8rblaze wrote:I'm hoping TS4 will be the best, however, I'm not expecting it after hearing there was a lead designer who decided to strip the team of anyone who developed the past games, adding completely new ones. From there, he apparently tried to make it online but they were all unhappy with it, he got fired, and the old ones returned. Funny how after that, they're claiming it will go back to the roots.

we just have to keep hope alive, but is hard I hoping for the best maybe we all will be extremely happy with the results.. this is the only game I play period...

pandabearrox

sims3_hooked_me wrote:Sweetface 44,at times, I have questioned whether the money Sims cost is worth the game any more.As I read through the forums, there are many people that truly enjoy Sims 3 and are going to enjoy Sims 4 regardless of error. I have been with the Sims Franchise since Wil Wright introduced it to us but the game has gotten away from what the Sims truly was. After changing my name to Sims 3 hooked me I lost interest in the game after finding that the game was boring. I do not like the fact that everything has a price on it. The contents in the store should not cost that much when the games cost so much. My name on Sims 4 forum will be Sims 3 discouraged me. The perfect Sims game would be one that does not require a new laptop and mocks the daily ventures of a person. I am not the least bit excited for Sims 4 and neither are all the people I know that were with the Sims from Sims 1. Now that is not to say that we all won't get the Sims 4, all I am saying is it had better be pretty dammed awesome.

No, I've been with the sims from the start, and I was EXTREMELY happy when they announced the sims 4, so dont generalize...
Sk8rblaze

sweetface44 wrote:
Sk8rblaze wrote:I'm hoping TS4 will be the best, however, I'm not expecting it after hearing there was a lead designer who decided to strip the team of anyone who developed the past games, adding completely new ones. From there, he apparently tried to make it online but they were all unhappy with it, he got fired, and the old ones returned. Funny how after that, they're claiming it will go back to the roots.

we just have to keep hope alive, but is hard I hoping for the best maybe we all will be extremely happy with the results.. this is the only game I play period...

I definitely wouldn't recommend playing just The Sims, especially if TS4 is gearing towards being a disappointment. I'm just waiting for gamescom to see whether or not it'll be worth it.

Then again, I'm playing TS2 which has remained fun since the day I got it, years ago.
sweetface44

Rflong7 wrote:Hi

Believe it or not, Some people never played The Sims or The Sims 2. A lot of people growing up haven't even played TS3.

So, while you might have played all of it and have done it all in the game, there's people who never have, to whom the game will be new and shiny.

Plus, it's a good thing there are creative people out there who do have more ideas, can see more ways to make the game interesting and breath new life into it.

There are still things in the world the game hasn't simulated or has only skimmed the surface.
Most games are only a new shiny cover with the same old games we all grew up playing anyway.

if I were a youngster just starting out with the series playing the sims 3 I would love it because theres nothing to compare it to.. so yes I am sure that there are millions of children out there just finding the game for the first time and just are thrilled to death, but seasoned sims players have a problem when the last 2 series of the sims games blow the newest one out of the water, so yes things are out of order here...

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 07/12/13 02:38 PM

Rflong7

sweetface44 wrote:
Rflong7 wrote:Hi

if I were a youngster just starting out with the series playing the sims 3 I would love it because theres nothing to compare it to.. so yes I am sure that there are millions of children out there just finding the game for the first time and just are thrilled to death, but seasoned sims players have a problem with the last 2 series of the sims games blow the newest one out of the water, so yes things are out of order here...

That's the whole point. New players make any game a success if it's got a cool, new Shiny.
To a new player, the game will be the best and there'll be no going back. Going back shows poor graphics, poor interface, poor... whatever, to them. I've read it here all the time. They just don't get it because they weren't there to play at the time.

I just want the next game to be fun. It doesn't have to blow any of the older games out of the water... it just has to be fun to play.
Anavastia

lol nuuuu sims hasn't gotten to where we can play it as holographs. Waiting for sims XIX.

I don't think sims has ran it's course i think we fans are splitting into different generations of gamers. Doll houses never die, something i noticed no matter how many years go buy kids love them. Sims is like that too in a way, remember when barbie was the thing when some of us grew up now bratz is the thing. Things change, sims has to change to.

I feel for any generation games need to have more to them than oooo shiny. The best games are the ones that allow you to do a lot of things in them. They aren't confined and you can play a lot of different ways. I'm not a fan of games skimping to play dress up and building. I want to play with life. To me that's the most important thing with sims. You can give me all the content you want if all i can do is stare at im not entertained. I just hope Ea understands that.

Cali_Pier92

Your posting is what has run its course.

simsace

your not thinking big enough with the possibility's of next generation hardware.

we could have towns that are double the size of the current ones in the game. regular town events that happen naturally(ex neighbors house catches on fire) more complicated social interaction.

there is still a lot left for the series to acomplish

watch division delta on youtube
sweetface44

simsace wrote:your not thinking big enough with the possibility's of next generation hardware.

we could have towns that are double the size of the current ones in the game. regular town events that happen naturally(ex neighbors house catches on fire) more complicated social interaction.

there is still a lot left for the series to acomplish

I know that but does ea ? and will they do it without destroying it

Post Reply Forum Index » The Sims 4
Go to: