Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
Will The Real OFB Store Content Please Stand Up  XML
Forum Index » Store General Discussion (EN)
SweetieTreats

I see all these threads claiming OFB is coming and stuff but the stuff they are claiming is OFB related was not in OFB at all. I know the store team does a good job on stuff but real OFB content is not a restaurant. I will be happy if we do get the Bavarian Bistro or another restaurant in the game but this is not OFB content. A person was only able to run restaurants in OFB if they had Nightlife installed. Running a restaurant was not a real feature of OFB; OFB made the concept possible though.

There are still players out there who want real OFB content so saying a restaurant is OFB when it is not is confusing the store team on what players who want real OFB content mean. I said several times on here that I would rather have the content in the store rather than in an EP and I will be happy if we do get some real OFB content in the store because I will be buying it.

Real OFB Content Includes:

*Workstations to create goods such as bouquets, toys, and robots
*Shelves and displays that need to be stocked by the players
*A cash register players can use to sell goods
*The ability to set the prices of goods
*Shelves that can hold food to sell
*Wacky uniforms for employees
*The ability to hire and fire Sims
*The ability to buy and sell deeds in a real estate office
*A cosmetology workstation

lisasc360

People wanted an OFB like ep to be able to run their own restaurant and stuff so the store creators are making stuff to put in the store so people can own and operate their own restaurant. They are not claining that this stuff was in the OFB expansion. They are giving us OFB like content. EA and Simsvip is not misleading the players...

Bret Michaels concert 5/27/12
kateoverend

Maybe it is not technically OFB however, it is a business venue, like the Cinema, and for that I am very grateful I have been wanting more business type content and venues I am extremely excited about adding this new content to my resorts [I am totally loving running a resort! ] to expand on the owner/operator aspect

Pamhamlet

@OP: I agree with you on what constitutes REAL OFB content. And I hope we WILL get a generic cash register, as you stated, which can be setup to sell all sorts of items! That in itself should help make it feel closest to OFB gameplay. I'd love to have a bakery AND a flower shop, if possible, but the cash register would certainly be a boon in any regard!
HollownessDevour

Maybe it is just me but I found this coming across far more rude than received by others (and if I come across as rude I say this, it is just I feel that these guys deserve any shred of OFB-like content and don't need any more downers).

I think you have to give the die hards some slack here, months and years of asking/begging and you want to tell them to clarify it is OFB-like and 'not officially OFB'.

They were straight up told their dream of OFB in Sims 3 is not happening when the last line up of content was officially announced, so after that the 'we'll take anything' OFB related crowd have been pipping up and caring the torch and lots are original OBF petitioners.

I have been watching the evolution of the OFB crowd for 6+ months. If they want to call it OFB set/stuff/items they certainly can and I think policing them is just another slap that they didn't officially get it and what they did/are getting isn't real.

Either you were really crushed and offended they only are releasing OFB-like stuff or felt mislead by these die hard's excitement or I think you really are unnecessarily stirring the pot.

I hope you understand this reply and take it as someone genuinely caring for those who I felt the need to defend and not hear to pick on you nor be mean.

tallcoolone

You actually don't need Late Night to run a restaurant in TS2.

What u do need is one community lot stove (special item that serves the dome covered plates, the hostess podium, at least one chair and one table (or one counter, and one barstool), and an open/close sign. You don't even need more than one person to run it, one can start a restaurant and do all of those jobs, and it's tough, but it's doable, I've done it.

I have a restaurant owned and run by a family of 4 in TS2 right now, it's fun.

I doubt we'll be getting all this functionality, but I think the excitement lies with the idea of an open restaurant cabability vs a rabbithole and the cash register! Any type of retail simulation, point of sale that our sims could run would be awesome!
Mariesalias

I agree with HollownessDevour. It has been confirmed that there will be no OFB EP. I think it is great that the Store Team is trying to provide some OFB-like content for all the simmers who have been patiently waiting for something business-related for so long. I am also happy for the simmers who will love and use these items, I am only sorry that they will not get it in an official EP. But then, I have read that the people who script the PC content tend to do a better (and more creative) job then the people who do the EP content so maybe it is not such a bad thing as maybe there is a better chance of the PC content working better (i.e. less glitchiness) then if it had been included in an EP. ;D

In the end, I think it is perhaps better to have content that lets you do some of what you want to do (business-related), as opposed to zero content to do anything business-related with.

As for calling it OFB, I think everyone is aware it is not, but at the same time, it appears it is the closest we are going to get to it, so in a sense, it is the only type of OFB-content we're going to get for TS3, so why not call it that?
jude72pla

With the demand for a true OFB EP, I would not be surprised if the first expansion pack for Sims4 is not Business related and that they are using the store as testing grounds for such an expansion.
lizbethbear

do we really need a cosmetology station when we have the stylist station from ambitions? pretty much the same thing...
Alizatina

There is nothing stopping them from creating the the other OFB items you listed after the restaurant.

Restaurants where my favorite part of OFB, so I'm excited either way!

I want to be your friend! Add me! ^_^ Also... Yes, I do love Hipster Goats!

jcp011c2

HollownessDevour wrote:Maybe it is just me but I found this coming across far more rude than received by others (and if I come across as rude I say this, it is just I feel that these guys deserve any shred of OFB-like content and don't need any more downers).

I think you have to give the die hards some slack here, months and years of asking/begging and you want to tell them to clarify it is OFB-like and 'not officially OFB'.

They were straight up told their dream of OFB in Sims 3 is not happening when the last line up of content was officially announced, so after that the 'we'll take anything' OFB related crowd have been pipping up and caring the torch and lots are original OBF petitioners.

I have been watching the evolution of the OFB crowd for 6+ months. If they want to call it OFB set/stuff/items they certainly can and I think policing them is just another slap that they didn't officially get it and what they did/are getting isn't real.

Either you were really crushed and offended they only are releasing OFB-like stuff or felt mislead by these die hard's excitement or I think you really are unnecessarily stirring the pot.

I hope you understand this reply and take it as someone genuinely caring for those who I felt the need to defend and not hear to pick on you nor be mean.

You are awesome, you know that?

HollownessDevour

jcp011c2 wrote:
HollownessDevour wrote:Maybe it is just me but I found this coming across far more rude than received by others (and if I come across as rude I say this, it is just I feel that these guys deserve any shred of OFB-like content and don't need any more downers).

You are awesome, you know that?

catloverplayer

I still don't believe OFB didn't make it to an expansion pack but maybe in the Sims 4.

The Last Venue Of Amour Coming August 7th From The Sims 3 Store.
catloverplayer

SweetieTreats wrote:I see all these threads claiming OFB is coming and stuff but the stuff they are claiming is OFB related was not in OFB at all. I know the store team does a good job on stuff but real OFB content is not a restaurant. I will be happy if we do get the Bavarian Bistro or another restaurant in the game but this is not OFB content. A person was only able to run restaurants in OFB if they had Nightlife installed. Running a restaurant was not a real feature of OFB; OFB made the concept possible though.

There are still players out there who want real OFB content so saying a restaurant is OFB when it is not is confusing the store team on what players who want real OFB content mean. I said several times on here that I would rather have the content in the store rather than in an EP and I will be happy if we do get some real OFB content in the store because I will be buying it.

Real OFB Content Includes:

*Workstations to create goods such as bouquets, toys, and robots
*Shelves and displays that need to be stocked by the players
*A cash register players can use to sell goods
*The ability to set the prices of goods
*Shelves that can hold food to sell
*Wacky uniforms for employees
*The ability to hire and fire Sims
*The ability to buy and sell deeds in a real estate office
*A cosmetology workstation

Hmm I'm wondering if the venue were getting next week is the Bavarian Bistro now that you mention it.

The Last Venue Of Amour Coming August 7th From The Sims 3 Store.
Pamhamlet

tallcoolone wrote:You actually don't need Late Night to run a restaurant in TS2....

Well, the community cooktop stove and hostess podium (that you mentioned) came with Nightlife, so you do need that EP in order to have that equipment in a restaurant, which items also normally generate the NPCs to run them.
--------------------------------------------------------------

I for one, appreciate the OP's efforts to clarify and provide accurate information about this game we all love. Die-hard fans aren't the only ones who come to the forums. There are many casual players who still love this game and come here to learn and get info, but just lurk, and there are always new players to the Sims series who ought not be misinformed or confused. I did not in any way think SweetieTreats was rude or a downer at all. She gave a calm, clear, factual explanation for *anyone* who might be reading this forum, which I think is honorable, AND don't forget, she even expressed enthusiasm for getting a restaurant.

Forum Index » Store General Discussion (EN)
Go to: