Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
DLC Compatibility Alert (resolved)  XML
Forum Index » Technical Discussions (EN)
thewhitecat

When they offered those great deals on Origin for Sims 3, I bought Diesel Stuff as a digital download. All of my other Sims EP's and SP's are downloaded from discs. So, today I went to download my Diesel Stuff and got this message:

DLC Compatibility Alert
It seems the base game for this DLC was not installed through Origin. For The Sims3 Diesel Stuff to work, you will first need to:

1. Select Uninstall Now below, locate the base game, and follow the on-screen instructions to uninstall it.

2. Download and install the base game through Origin by selecting it in My Games and clicking Download.

After that you can download and play The Sims 3 Diesel Stuff.

Do I really have to uninstall my game? Will I lose everything I have currently? I hope not cuz that would really suck. I had a feeling I shouldn't go for digital download and now it seems my hunch was right. Has anyone experienced this and what did you do about it?

Any help is greatly appreciated!

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 07/17/13 04:33 AM

thewhitecat

Okay, in case anyone has this problem, I've found the solution. In Origin, do not click on the "download" button, click on the "i" (information) button. It takes you to another window and you have the option to download from there. Worked like a charm.
Psyence

Ahh! Thank you so much for answering that - I was just about to hit 'uninstall' too! Saved me so much hassle <3
Breezed

Ah thanks for that! I was about to be extremely frustrated.
liljadefern

Thank you so much! I'd pre-ordered Supernatural a while back and was finally going to install it tonight when I came across that DLC error. Thank goodness it's not going to make me reinstall...I'm not even sure where my original Sims3 disc is, lol.

Janeway

Thanks for this thread! I just got this message, and when I searched I found your answer. As you said, works like a charm!
aimiie

Thankyou so much, I was just about to cry! thought i had wasted my money, Just got the paradise island and came up with same message, No idea what i've done with my sims 3 disk, was thinking i'd have to re buy it! haha Can't thankyou enough. Happy bunny
robynmclaughlin

i wish i had seen this 5 days ago.

i bought Diesel stuff then too and i uninstalled my game ( kept all my savegames and items and stuff)

then my download spent five days resseting back to 40%......almost lost my game but it just suddenly started working again.

So to anyone reading this....DONT RISK YOUR GAME.

thank goodness its installed and patching now, i'd have lost it if i lost my game.
staceycakes1989

Thank you so much! Worked like a charm! Saved me so much hassle!
RediiRosii

YOU SIR ARE AN ANGEL!!!
veronique2

Thanks for giving me this solution! It was so frustrating
emilzydiva

Oh my lordy dordy! So simple yet no one would think of that! THANK YOU!!!
lalabenassi

I got the same error, thank you so much for sharing!
kayjaxx

Thank you so much for posting this. I was getting upset thinking I had to uninstall the game.
violagatti

Thanks very much!!!!

Forum Index » Technical Discussions (EN)
Go to: