Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
in other towns.. can you..?  XML
Post Reply Forum Index » Island Paradise
sariahmoon1

I'm just wondering since IP has come out. If you start a new game in riverview or one of the towns that came out before IP, can you still swim in the ocean? Does it install dive spot in them automatically? Do mermaids go into all the towns?
KatSolo

I don't yet have IP - but as far as I am aware dive spots are only present in Isla Paradiso. There are tutes out there if you wish to create & place your own.

Swimming came with the patch before seasons, so long as you are patched up to then your sims should be able to swim in the ocean.
wickedjr89

Yes the sims can swim in the ocean in any town, like KatSolo said as long as you are patched up til that point and it was added awhile before IP. However it does not install dive spots automatically, they only come in IP but you can make your own...though it's apparently very difficult. There is a guide on how to do so at http://simsvip.com/game-guides/sims-3-island-paradise/creating-
dive-lots/
. I think (though i'm not sure) that meramids show up in all the towns from what i've heard but I don't know how that'd work with a town that doesn't have an ocean/big enough body of water for the mermaids..

secretuk1965

you have to add dive spots and resorts to the town yourself, if story progression is on the game will give you npc like mermaids, sims will use boats in the water.

I am currently in riverview yes I had mermaids sims on boats all the time, but it got a bit much in this country town that I uninstalled island paradise, I think the game works better with beaches and coast lines, only problem is once you have the game in you can't disable npc having row boats , speed boats etc so they get them in anytown, and look kinda silly in riverview so I uninstalled the game, hope they make a disable boats in a future update.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 07/29/13 08:52 AM

LaBlue0314

I can tell you about the Mermaids from what I have seen in my own game. I was playing in Bridgeport (no dive lots) and I was seeing different sims like Tom Wordy, Richie Striker, and others being turned into mermaids. I actually saw Richie go through the transformation while he was at the Grind. But I did also see that after a period of time those very same sims were no longer as mermaids. I have a feeling it was because they did not spend hardly any time in the ocean.

Also if you have the Register Mod, it will actually prevent you from even getting mermaids in the IP world. If you are wondering what this mod is, it allows you to have control on if you want any of the paparazzi in your town or not.

lovesstorms

I believe if you go into Edit Town in Islo Paridiso, you can save a copy of your favorite dive lot. Then, go into a new town that you know dive lots will work (IE Barnacle Bay - towns that have oceans deep enough) and place a copy of the dive lots into that world. Then, you wouldn't need to create a whole new dive lot, if you don't want to spend the time to learn.

cherid87120

lovesstorms wrote:I believe if you go into Edit Town in Islo Paridiso, you can save a copy of your favorite dive lot. Then, go into a new town that you know dive lots will work (IE Barnacle Bay - towns that have oceans deep enough) and place a copy of the dive lots into that world. Then, you wouldn't need to create a whole new dive lot, if you don't want to spend the time to learn.

As far as I know you cannot import and export dive lots, it just doesn't work, several simmers have tried.

I built a dive lot in Dragon Valley, if you follow the tutorials it is pretty easy.

I have seen mermaids in Dragon Valley, so I know they cross over into the other worlds.
LucyBorgia

wickedjr89 wrote:Yes the sims can swim in the ocean in any town, like KatSolo said as long as you are patched up til that point and it was added awhile before IP. However it does not install dive spots automatically, they only come in IP but you can make your own...though it's apparently very difficult. There is a guide on how to do so at http://simsvip.com/game-guides/sims-3-island-paradise/creating-
dive-lots/
. I think (though i'm not sure) that meramids show up in all the towns from what i've heard but I don't know how that'd work with a town that doesn't have an ocean/big enough body of water for the mermaids..

Find & read a tutorial & go through it with the tutorial next to you - if you're confident in building your own Sim houses &.editing town to suit your play, you'll be fine . I'm no experienced builder but I've added dive lots in France & Egypt that work. France was a pain to get my Sim to till I added a port & mooring post for her to buy a boat at as the lot has to go in the river.

As I'm in the UK, I can never open messages so please don't be offended because I don't answer any! I just can't see them...

Post Reply Forum Index » Island Paradise
Go to: