Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
what is r.openx.net  XML
Forum Index » Technical Discussions (EN)
Author Message
loobylou1985


Joined: 06/03/11 08:34 PM
Messages: 1982

Hi,
I Just wondered if anyone knows what r.openx.net is?
every time I open up the sims 3 website or go to a new forum post or onto my page, I get a little pop up asking if I want to run or save. Of course I am clicking cancel everytime. But the paranoia is slipping in now and I have ran about 100 scans

Looby

Profile
loobylou1985


Joined: 06/03/11 08:34 PM
Messages: 1982

Just to update I opened up the sims 3 launcher at following the patch guide first Thanks for the tips

Windows defender is saying that it is malicious so I do not know what to do

Profile
ceejay402


Joined: 02/28/11 10:32 PM
Messages: 14125

hey looby this is all i could find
http://www.adserverplugins.com/openx/what-is-openx-ad-server/

i wouldnt trust if MS is saying its malicious

check your web browser to confirm its plugins are up to date


Profile
Karritz


Joined: 04/15/12 12:46 AM
Messages: 8358
Online

I had a similar problem with downloading something a few years ago. Norton wait it was something like that. Malicious or something. I went to nor tons support site. In the end it was because I was one on the first of their users tortuous to download it so they had no history to know what it was so they marked it as malicious. That changed as peoplecdownlowded it and it didn't cause problems.

I don't know about your . Net thing though.

Profile
loobylou1985


Joined: 06/03/11 08:34 PM
Messages: 1982

ceejay402 wrote:hey looby this is all i could find
http://www.adserverplugins.com/openx/what-is-openx-ad-server/

i wouldnt trust if MS is saying its malicious

check your web browser to confirm its plugins are up to date


Omg i am a total noob with these things how do i confirm my plugins are up to date? Sorry

Profile
ceejay402


Joined: 02/28/11 10:32 PM
Messages: 14125

no worries

just goggle your web browser name with plugin example: firefox plugins

i use firefox so they have this nice link
http://www.mozilla.org/en-US/plugincheck/


Profile
loobylou1985


Joined: 06/03/11 08:34 PM
Messages: 1982

Thank you for your help, I managed to install the patch but this is still popping up my husband tested in on our laptop and we get it pop up on there. He opened it and it was just a message in adobe saying we could not view it as it was not coded correctly. So I do not know what it is still so I am just going to have to press cancel each time

Profile
snowdove58


Joined: 02/02/10 01:35 PM
Messages: 1591
Offline

I have had this for 3 days on this site only. If I click to download it says Name- set and it's 43 bytes. I do not have a program to open it so I click the find button and it does not know what kind of file it is but says its an image/gif . I don't see how that could be a plug in I need. Is it possible it's a gif of a set thats not opening here or something to do with the free point thing? It comes back every move I make here and lags a bit till I click it off. I still have explorer 8 and don't wish to change it yet for 1 site.
Profile
kjones


Joined: 06/03/09 02:39 AM
Messages: 893

Profile
snowdove58


Joined: 02/02/10 01:35 PM
Messages: 1591
Offline

It's gone for me now. Spending 3 days looking , checking my registry etc.It would be nice if they would say they solved the problem and that it was not our Ipods or computers. Hope nobody redid their Ipods or computers to rid themselves of this.
Profile
ceejay402


Joined: 02/28/11 10:32 PM
Messages: 14125

snowdove58 wrote:It's gone for me now. Spending 3 days looking , checking my registry etc.It would be nice if they would say they solved the problem and that it was not our Ipods or computers. Hope nobody redid their Ipods or computers to rid themselves of this.


oh is it gone for you, great did your computer have a recent update? just wondering also can you post back if it returns, thanks!


Profile
snowdove58


Joined: 02/02/10 01:35 PM
Messages: 1591
Offline

No update, ceejay. I knew it was this site. I just posted and waited for them to fix it. I still suspect the simpoint ads because I have to stay up until midnight to get them, it takes 9 times to get 50, the ones that don't count are missing a small image to the bottom left and I had not stayed up until 3 days ago.
Profile
ceejay402


Joined: 02/28/11 10:32 PM
Messages: 14125

snowdove58 wrote:No update, ceejay. I knew it was this site. I just posted and waited for them to fix it. I still suspect the simpoint ads because I have to stay up until midnight to get them, it takes 9 times to get 50, the ones that don't count are missing a small image to the bottom left and I had not stayed up until 3 days ago.


ok thanks


Profile
Amj1995


Joined: 12/25/09 05:02 AM
Messages: 3500

It's not happening to me anymore either.


Profile
ceejay402


Joined: 02/28/11 10:32 PM
Messages: 14125

Amj1995 wrote:It's not happening to me anymore either.
oh good!


Profile
 
Forum Index » Technical Discussions (EN)
Go to: