Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
The Quantum Power Chamber  XML
Post Reply Forum Index » Into the Future
CK213

It would be nice if a Guru could comment.

I was wondering if I put a teen in the chamber and left them there, If I left the house and played other households, would the sim stay in the chamber? It would be very interesting to come back sim-years later, assuming the household doesn't relocate, and find the Teen still in stasis. Her siblings could be elders.

Also, If had a full household, I could put a few family members "on ice" to play later while I focus on the other sims.

stilljustme2

Suppose the household does relocate -- would the Chamber with the Sim inside it go into the Family Inventory so it would move with the family? Or put a Sim in the chamber, put it in some underground tomb, then X generations later have a descendant of the original family discover it and release the Sim.

Mistletoe143

Location:Hoping for a Santa holiday set & not coal this Christmas 2014!

Yes, this is what happens when you time-travel... You break the continuity in the timeline and suddenly have a bunch of possible what-if scenarios.

I have no idea how the quantum power chamber works, but that would be creepy to be able to wake up a sim generations later and have them join your household. True sci-fi scene in the making.

Yep, this creeps me out.

Please click & sign the petition!
CK213

Mistletoe143 wrote:
I have no idea how the quantum power chamber works, but that would be creepy to be able to wake up a sim generations later and have them join your household. True sci-fi scene in the making.

Yep, this creeps me out.

That's straight out of Futurama.

Cyron43

Good question, CK. I also wonder whether Sims age while in the stasis chamber. I know they wouldn't in reality (well theoretically) but this here is about code written by developers who are known for leaving out or forgetting important things.

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at 09/24/13 12:05 AM

I will accept friend requests only from people who I know from the forum and who I like.
Also: High ratings must be earned so do NOT beg for them!
coolgame343

Cyron43 wrote:Good question, CK. I also wonder whether Sims age while in the stasis chamber. I know they wouldn't in reality (well theoretically) but this here is about code written by developers who are known for leaving out or forgetting important things.
From what i read the sim in it does not age.
Cyron43

coolgame343 wrote:
Cyron43 wrote:Good question, CK. I also wonder whether Sims age while in the stasis chamber. I know they wouldn't in reality (well theoretically) but this here is about code written by developers who are known for leaving out or forgetting important things.

Thank you, that's a relief.

I will accept friend requests only from people who I know from the forum and who I like.
coolgame343

Cyron43 wrote:
coolgame343 wrote:

it is strange how the past tense and current tense of read is spelled the same but not said the same.
pak_ea

Unless you turn story progression off. If you are not actively playing the household, I bet (based on my understanding how the game mechanics work), the sims won't stay put in the stasis pod.

GBA91101Nver4get

Is the quantum power chamber an object in all the IFT editions of the game or is it limited edition content?

I guess it's a cool object but to me it would feel like cheating. Especially since it keeps your sim happy while they sleep.

Nobody does it better, Steve Jobs you simply are the best. RIP 10-5-2011
Sam_Is_Great

GBA91101Nver4get wrote:Is the quantum power chamber an object in all the IFT editions of the game or is it limited edition content?

I guess it's a cool object but to me it would feel like cheating. Especially since it keeps your sim happy while they sleep.

Limited edition only.

Personally, I only plan to use it for storing Sims for long periods of time for story purposes and that swanky new suit!

CK213

pak_ea wrote:Unless you turn story progression off. If you are not actively playing the household, I bet (based on my understanding how the game mechanics work), the sims won't stay put in the stasis pod.

That's most likely true.
As soon as you give up control of the household, story progression will probably give them a job, or demand they go someplace.

Cyron43

coolgame343 wrote:
Cyron43 wrote:
coolgame343 wrote:

it is strange how the past tense and current tense of read is spelled the same but not said the same.

You can say that again. English is not my native language and it took me quite a while to get used to that. I have similar problems with "whether", "when" and "if". I go with my gut feelings rather than with any rule (is there a rule?) for it.

pak_ea

you are doing fine
skyeseeker

what does the quantum power chamber do? What is it for?

Post Reply Forum Index » Into the Future
Go to: