Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
Moving young adults out of parents houses?? HELP??!?  XML
Forum Index » General Discussion (EN)
SimsGirlieXD

Ok, so i got twin girls and triplet girls, then a few days after 1 boy. about 50-70 days later they all became young adults... Now the house they live in is big.. but i don't want them to spend the rest of their lives at their parents house...What do i do? I heard if you press kick out or move out you never EVER see them again!? I want them to move in with a loved one of live by themself. Please help, how do i move them out of my house without never seeing them again. It's ok if i can't play them but i want them to have kids, go to work etc, by themselves.

Avenger

You need to go into Edit Town, then change your active household (you'll lose all wishes etc). Then click on your household & you'll see an option to seperate or split household. Simply choose who you'd like to move out of your active household. They'll be sitting in your "bin". In my game I chose to move my young adults into the house next door. That way I could visit regularly & keep an eye on them. Hope that helped.

Link

Selecting the 'move' option on the phone or computer is the way to go. You are then able to pick a house or lot for them to move into at the bottom of the right panel of the move out screen. Selecting 'kick out' will allow you to see them again, it just means they'll go to a random house in the neighborhood. This way, you are also able to select which household you want to continue playing with.

Also, you could use the 'split houehold' tool from the edit town screen, which will move your selected members to the clipboard, allowing you to place them in the family bin or in another house.

If you want to move out while still playing, without having to go to edit town, the 'move' option on the phone is very quick and painless. This way, your active house won't have to lose wishes/opportunities/etc.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 07/23/09 06:13 AM

May the Triforce be with you...
SimsGirlieXD

Thanks this was very helpful. Just one thing, when i do these solutions, can i play the young adults? Because i don't want to play them. I want them to get ON with life and live by themselves, i will let the oldest stay and inherit the house and play her, but the other 5 MUST go and live by themselves without me.

jarinlin

Hey Ho~! LOL

Ok, when i move my kids out via phone move out method... 3 outta 6twins... i lost not only the opportunities n wishes, but also the inventory of all remaining in the main family home... heard that it's a glitch...

Not sure whether the split household will not have that glitch too.
Mayhaps you'll want to save n all before u do anything.

=+= When You Move In Right Up Close To Me. =+=
=+= That's When I Get The Chills All Over Me~!! =+=
Avenger

I know that when you "split" households you get to choose which is your "active" house. Make sure you choose your main house & let your young adults live theirs according to the game. I play with Story Progression on & love to see how mine marry, have babies, change jobs & eventually die.

rebdudley

Sims disappear when the game thinks the town is getting overpopulated. For this reason I occasionally edit town and delete the sims of my choosing so the game won't delete the children of the house I'm playing.
SimsGirlieXD

using the split household method, do i keep the inventory?

monkymn00

No matter which option you do (I wouldn't recommend the split household), the people that are moved out of the active household lose their inventory and any wishes they had. Sorry. I would always do the "move" option from the phone or computer, as this keeps the people who moved out still part of the family. When you choose "split active household" you basically kick some people out of the family and make them their own family, with no affiliation to the active household. It's kind of a weird option, and can be confusing at first, so always go with the "move" option. Sorry I rambled there...
missgracie361

You can go to "edit town" and delete sims (townies)???? HOW?/ Great idea!

missgracie361

Oh yeah, I read yesterday on a thread by SimguruLyndsey, that sims your active sims household is "friends" with, will not be chosen to move outta town. She did a big thread explaining story progression and that's what she said. So, I would think if you move them out, then stay in close touch, phone or whatever, they should be around.

I have NOT had it fail. (And I did it accidentally)

Binibini

I like using "kick out".

Your sims don't vanish into oblivion with this option. In addition, the game will place them into a home/lot without you having to find one that they can afford.

monkymn00

Binibini wrote:I like using "kick out".

Your sims don't vanish into oblivion with this option. In addition, the game will place them into a home/lot without you having to find one that they can afford.

It is actually a nice feature if you don't really care about them but don't want them to disappear. Though I've noticed sometimes sims are placed in homes they can't possibly afford.
SimsGirlieXD

I'll try the kick out method and move out. If it doesnt work for me i won't save and use the split up method

vickysakow

I actually used the kick out method with some of my kids that grew up into adults, but I cant find them. When I went to new game they weren't in my "Choose Household" area. I don't know where they are! They weren't in my saved games either... Can anyone help?!

Forum Index » General Discussion (EN)
Go to: