Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
Finding nanites in the wasteland??? Also, looking for seeds???  XML
Post Reply Forum Index » Into the Future
Mistletoe143

My sim has been searching for nanites in the wasteland and I am having a difficulty finding them. Several days have passed, so I believe the game should have generated them by now.

So far, my sim has only found one nanite in the wasteland. Yet, I read in the forum that there some areas of the wasteland where 7-8 nanites spawn at a time.

Where are these places exactly? Is it near one of the "lots" or is it far off the beaten path?

Also, I don't have enough LTR points to get a collection helper, but are there seeds in Oasis Landing? I'm having a difficult time finding any seeds either. So far, I have only seen the tomato plant near the downtown monorail station.

Finally, if anyone has the collection helper, does it work for finding nanites?

Thank you!
Niki110287

You can find some around the half buried house boats. Others just kind of dot the wasteland. I have found several seeds in the wasteland but I haven't really looked for any. I just stumbled onto to them while looking for nanites. I know I have come across watermelon and grape plants I just can't remember where. There are also seeds in the area around the monorail towers. I know I got a couple from around the towers below the graveyard when my sim was jogging.

Yes the collection helper has a setting specifically for nanites. I know I have come across watermelon and grape plants.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 10/25/13 04:06 AM

Mistletoe143

Thank you, Niki110287! I appreciate your reply to all my questions!

I believe that the one time my sim found a nanite, she was near a buried house boat. So, I will try around those places.

I'm also happy the collection helper has a setting for nanites. That makes me really happy!

Happy Simming to you!
lovesstorms

I went to the "wasteland" lot and I found around 5 nanites plus some crystal flowers and a few seeds. I did go off the beaten path a bit, too, but only found a few nanites here and there. If I read correctly, you can put on the power suit & it shows you collectibles. Perhaps this would help without you saving LTR to get the collection helper.

• Tap Into the Benefits of Quantum Power – The Chamber can quip your Sim with a futuristic Quantum Power Suit, enabling them to teleport around the globe or scan the world for collectables!

I've not tried it, yet, but maybe you could give it a whirl.

Simasaurus09

I find them by the crash site all the time.

Metaphasic

look more at dusk / night as well prior to getting the tracker reward. they glow a bit and are easier to see at night. =)
Gabbryrose

There's a lot in the spot between the crash site and the first beach, where the three crystal flowers are in a group with some sandy looking rocks. I've seen 5 or 6 different types spawn in that spot, regularly.

Be aware that they disappear between 11pm and around 5am so don't look for them late at night. I also noticed that sometimes you can't even see them until you get very close to where they are.
Starteller

use a harvester (Inventor item) to pick them up

Post Reply Forum Index » Into the Future
Go to: