Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
Making the most of your "Stuff."  XML
Forum Index » Store General Discussion (EN)
CK213

This idea crossed my mind as I was sitting back and reflecting on scenarios I can create when starting new sims.

I thought about their homes and it occured to me that I have so much stuff from the EPs, Stuff packs, and Store that I hardly ever use or have not used in years. So I thought, how about using the content as a starting point. Take a store set, or Stuff pack, or EP furniture theme, and think what sim would own this stuff? What life would they be living? What town would they be living in?

Get more out of your stuff by starting with the stuff.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 11/03/13 03:37 PM

allisoneg02

Such a good idea! I really don't use a lot of content except for the few things I really like, I get lot's of use out of those things

I also like adding things to the town which don't seem to quite fit in with regular homes, like the dance studio, rock wall, things like that.

Halle_M

Yeah, I've done that with the Mid-Century Modern set, and the Asian and Indian sets.

However, with Liam O'Dourke, I figured he was a quirky inventor, so I bought him the fancy premium toilet, sleep pod bed and the massage chair. That's the only time I've bought things from the Store with a specific sim in mind.

Angel_D0109

I do this all of the time. If I'm going to pay outrageous amounts of money for something, I REALLY want to use that content to its full potential. Whenever I start a new game I always think about what content I haven't used and throw in some of my favourite stuff. Even when my sims start having children I usually randomize the baby's traits and whatever two is picked I build off of those to create a sim for a specific job, even if it means playing a job/LTW I know nothing about or don't really like... for some reason I still enjoy it!

Another thing I like doing is adding one or two items that wouldn't normally be seen in that town/house/lot, just to use that content. The beauty of create-a-style is that you can camouflage anything into making it look like it fits, like adding TVs and other electronics to the homes and lots in Dragon Valley.

noddy

I'am with you CK I do it all the time other wise we have wasted our money buying everything in the store.
DangerDanger

I really need to do this.

I have all EPs, SPs, and own the store. I'm overwhelmed with content! And yet, I always find myself using the same crap over and over again. I wish when we bought a set that it created a collection folder for it so I didn't have to go hunting and guessing for it.

Something I've been considering doing, since they released the new 'select all' downloads button in my purchase history is uninstalling my store content (I know I'm missing some stuff, but I don't know which stuff - this way I could get it all) - but doing it little by little. That way I could experience it piece by piece and making collection sets would be easier.

something dangerous happened here and now I don't have a signature, so thanks a lot for asking.
CK213

DangerDanger wrote:I really need to do this.

I have all EPs, SPs, and own the store. I'm overwhelmed with content! And yet, I always find myself using the same crap over and over again. I wish when we bought a set that it created a collection folder for it so I didn't have to go hunting and guessing for it.

Something I've been considering doing, since they released the new 'select all' downloads button in my purchase history is uninstalling my store content (I know I'm missing some stuff, but I don't know which stuff - this way I could get it all) - but doing it little by little. That way I could experience it piece by piece and making collection sets would be easier.

I am going to keep that in mind.

After I've had my fun with Into The Future I plan to start over with a new game folder. I might even do a clean install of the base game, EPs and SPs. Abd then I will reinstall my store content. I will make collection folders as I need them.

RedSwiftie13

That's a really good idea
It'd be so much fun to create a World Adventures style house

Cinderellimouse

Location:In a kingdom far far away... doing yoga while eating scones! Multi-tasking!!!

Nice idea! I used to do that a lot with TS1 and 2 but I tend to stick with my core sims now.

Something I've found myself doing recently is using the Savvy Seller collection to make shops selling all the stuff I wouldn't normally think to use. So, I might furnish the sim's home in my normal way and then when they visit the shopping lots, something might catch my/their eye. I'm finding it's a good way to explore content I would normally pass over. So I have an art shop with lots of paintings, and a flower shop with all the plants, and my toy shop has extra things like the décor boats and other kid's items, etc. Oh, and my comic book shop has lots of weird goodies that I'd normally never use!

CK213

Cinderellimouse wrote:Nice idea! I used to do that a lot with TS1 and 2 but I tend to stick with my core sims now.

Something I've found myself doing recently is using the Savvy Seller collection to make shops selling all the stuff I wouldn't normally think to use. So, I might furnish the sim's home in my normal way and then when they visit the shopping lots, something might catch my/their eye. I'm finding it's a good way to explore content I would normally pass over. So I have an art shop with lots of paintings, and a flower shop with all the plants, and my toy shop has extra things like the décor boats and other kid's items, etc. Oh, and my comic book shop has lots of weird goodies that I'd normally never use!

That's a great idea.
I should make a store full of stuff I have been meaning to use, or didn't even know I had.

I wonder if you can set up a gift shop in the Art Museum with Savvy Sellers. I have tons of custom paintings I could put in there.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 11/04/13 07:59 PM

Cinderellimouse

Location:In a kingdom far far away... doing yoga while eating scones! Multi-tasking!!!

That's a good idea!

I wish there were more artefact/antique type items in buy mode to sell. I like the WA vase relics, more smaller deco stuff would be good for that.

MSladyTSO

Not that I am OCD or ANYTHING... but I made a lot a while back that had a room for each set I had. Some of the rooms were 2-story if the set was huge. The Ultra-[all sets] part was a small house. Not sure when I left off on this but I had tons and tons of rooms... I still enjoy going back and walking (um having my Sim walk) through this lot... it's cool to see entire sets "in person" rather than on a page. Cinderelli your store idea is very close to this. Maybe an outlet town with billions of little rooms and stores.... (little nerdish mind starts spinning)

amjoie

You might also want to try installing things per game, in themes. One game would be for modern/future stuff. One game for historical period stuff. One game for farming/rustic stuff. One game for supernatural stuff. One for European/Italian. One for beach/water sport. And etc.

That way, you are forced out of your "normal" play style. You need to play other sims, other ways, in other styles with other stuff. Certain worlds lend themselves to certain styles, so even dividing a game by store worlds can spark new game play.

Owning the whole store tends to "hide" things from your sight, just because there is too much to remember. So dividing it up between games will bring those things to sight and mind.

The social whirl makes me dizzy, so though I am beginning to feel guilty about it, I must remain at zero friends. But thank you for your requests.
LadyLaFleur

I end up starting a new game when a cool new set comes out. Like the chicken coop. I started a Riverview game and a farm girl. Played until Midnight Hollow came out. Then I started a Midnight Hollow game.

I'm not very loyal to my sims. I usually only play a generation or two before moving on to the next, cool set inspired game.

"This game lends itself to certain abuses." - Calvin

Google is your friend.
candy8

I use most of my store stuff I purged it awhile ago and got rid of anything I didn't use. Now when I purchase stuff from the store I am careful not to buy things I know I will never use.

You have to be careful and not go window shopping like you are in a candy store really think about it before you buy it.

No impulse buying.

Forum Index » Store General Discussion (EN)
Go to: