Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
Steampunk/Dark Industrial, well you know I love it [Requesting]  XML
Forum Index » Store General Discussion (EN)
HollownessDevour

Sorry I have a sort of Gamers block (playing and building wise) atm so I am more into thread making. Sure if you know me, you know I want steampunk but I actually do not recall every having a request thread (sure I'd mention I'd like this and that when people post what set's you'd like to complete, want more CAS, more build buy, venue, goggles as general feedback here and there) but never an actual request thread. So I feel I better get this going if it is be considered (as in more Steampunk considered).

AND this girl
<---- will dream ;D

The Dark industrial set from Origins exclusive is so amazing I really hope not only do you consider making it available for purchase for those who do not buy via origins and that you expand on this set! I requested a more industrial ladder and the set came with one and the grates I was thrilled! I'd love to see more of this I could have tat instead of Steampunk cause to me they both run parallel Steampunk/Industrial

Before we get the 'but Midnight Hollow' rebuttal, first Gothic is not Steampunk but it did have steampunk elements I'll give you that, I think it is safe to say with Midnight Hollow, SN, Full Regal- yes, Victorian is quite covered and yes Victorian is often tied with Steampunk but my game is more Victorian than steampunk atm X / you can only use and recolor so much I feel like 'butter scraped over too much bread' (sorry one of my favorite lines in LOTR). My steampunk feels lacking and I find it is bothering me (I mean not to a really dramatic point or anything) when it comes to building/playing and making sims. I found that the hairs from Midnight Hollow were very steampunk the outfits more Gothic/Victorian and the build/buy more Gothic/neo Victorian, but so yes- I do think we could stand for 1 more Steampunk CAS set and 1-2 build/buy sets maybe a venue.

I think I have put my finger on why I think Steampunk CAS is lacking despite us having Steampunk Savvy. It is the shorts and pants (bottoms), I never use them and the shorts I see them never working in any casual outfit if they were set to swim/athletic I would but I not sure it is the shape or length they just don't sit right with me and my game play. The other thing is accessories: steampunk is Victorian with a certain type of accessories: belts, high buckled boots, corsets with details, pocket watches/keys/cogs/etc, goggles neck as well as on hats and eye wear, arm pauldrons bangles etc. Plus other categories sleep and swim especially have issue matching the theme.

My concern is when we get boots they clip, tights or very fitted pants with over complicated steampunk belts (would be amazing), high buckled boots and long trenches (for females too), more steampunk outfits that cannot be replicated with top/bottoms and top and bottoms that easily interchange but look so different due to how you accessories I think but the key. And of course age groups: kids and elders don't match, even just crumbs a hair or top/bottom that matches the theme would help.

I think that these keys items will really flesh out Steampunk CAS:
-Steampunk Pauldrons for both male and female (as a top or a neck accessory)
-High Buckled boots (male and female with minimal clipping so less bulk or more bottoms to work with)
-Goggles yes we need more around the neck (as a necklace), on top hats/hair and eye wear.
-Eye patch why do we not have this? basic pirate and maybe a steampunk version
-Tights with elaborate big chunky low ridding belt (so it doesn't clip with too many tops) with gears, clocks, compass, binoculars, pouches, etc. I say tights (but it can be just very fitted pants) so boots do not clip! For both male and female
-Mis-matched gloves.
-Garters adding to casual wear category be great! buckle garters would be amazing.
-Trench coat outfits females have no long trench coat outfits and men need more trenches (even without steampunk).
-Men need knee high socks!
-Females: bustle skirts (i didn't know the name but simmers let me know thanks!) short upfront to show off boots long in the back corset outfits.
-Skirts with mismatched leggings
-apothecary masks

Build/Buy and Possible Venues:
-Bedrooom, Bathroom, dinning room is missing from the theme it be great to finish.
-Clock windows, over size working clock of our own clock towers, animated gears would be amazing.
-Steampunk mad scientist stuff: beakers, tesla coils
-Steampunk engineer stuff/dark industiral: over sized gears, pistons

Venue: * from past thread 'what do you think is coming to the store' thread
A Da Vinci's Inventor's/Artist's Clock Tower (I know the whole ambitions thing but it doesn't have to be an actual old style inventors bench it could just be clutter decor and a new drafting/easel).

I'd love large moving gears as wall decor, window or columns and a working outdoor clock or window clock. and just conveniently make sure there is room for a inventor bench and alchemy station

-Heavy on steampunk decor, build and buy wise, columns, windows, doors, new ladder (since ladders are base game now).

-Da Vinci scholar type CAS outfits (I haven't seen Da Vinci demons but saw the costumes so cool)

-Add Da Vinci sketches to the sketching, paintings that a sim can do or at least as decor.

-Scrolls, drafts, invention decor.

-PC if possible inventors bench and alchemy station that 'can' be tied to ambitions/supernatural for leveling but does not require it and it makes early inventions and remedies/potions (and can be sold as inventors items 'if' we have ambitions and can make all alchemy items from SN if we have it or on it's own 'other/new' potions/elixirs).

From a past Survey:
1. What theme would you most like to see for an upcoming world from The Sims 3 Store?

Theme: Steampunk/Victorian, Industrial London Early 1900s World, Steampunk Multi Era or Underwater Bio Dome Steampunk World or a Sky Steampunk World

Additional comments: I find that there isn't enough era, fantasy or Steampunk stuff compared to modern/normal items/stuff/worlds and Steampunk is probably one of the only themes that can be multi-era, multi-cultural and contain magic/fantasy/invention/future as compliments to it. I can make almost anything Steampunk except the items I cannot recolor, rabbit holes, some community items and most worlds (concrete roads kind of stops it right there) but more items would just make the game so much more enjoyable for me (clothes, CAS hairs (with goggles!), decor and build!). Also the Underwater Bio Dome was the best thing about Sims 2 in my opinion I'd love an EP or World to make this possible.

2. Imagine you get to create one new premium content item to add to your game (something that adds new gameplay).

What is it? A Tea set that can have different modes/skins: High Tea for Victorian, Asian Culture Tea for World, Whimsical Wonderland Tea for Fantasy

What does it do? It can work similar to the University statue and Sims dress for the type of tea party, and/or it makes a tea party option for all those on the lot (if community lot or home) where sims would prioritize drinking tea and having conversation with those at the same table. I'd love but not hold my breath for a costume clothing option that can be saved in CAS (not just for this item but for party/dress code options). All teas and hot beverages are options as long as one has the appropriate EPs. And a dessert or snack tray (similar in looks to Edwardian Expression Kitchen- Delicacy Server Stand) and Unbirthday Whimsical cake. It be great is CAS and build buy items items where included with this premium content.

3. Imagine you get to create one new set.

What is the theme? Steampunk/Inventors-Artist community lot set/venue. Like a Da Vinci Inventor's Tower.

What are some of the items included? A large clock that can be place outside for a clock tower, gears and cogs both animated and non for faux inner clockwork, faux steam/pipes inner workings for broiler rooms and underground. Build items are a must but it be cool to have CAS items/accessories: goggles (in hair or as a necklace), leather buckle corsets, faux mechanical arm/pauldron, one eye ocular glasses, thigh high boots, hooded dresses/shirts/hair or however that can work.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 11/11/13 12:22 PM

AmaraRena

What she said. ^^ After all, I can take all that Steampunk stuff, turn it black and hey presto more Goth stuff! LOL

And are you a Kato fan also? She does amazing work! Steamgirl is an awesome site for inspiration!

Also Hollowness...here's hoping your "builder's block" is over SOON! Did ya check yer mail?

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 11/10/13 12:18 AM

HollownessDevour

AmaraRena wrote:What she said. ^^ After all, I can take all that Steampunk stuff, turn it black and hey presto more Goth stuff! LOL

And are you a Kato fan also? She does amazing work! Steamgirl is an awesome site for inspiration!

Also Hollowness...here's hoping your "builder's block" is over SOON! Did ya check yer mail?

I know Steampunk turns into Goth easy but Goth doesn't easily turn to steampunk (some but not all).

Yes! She is platinum blonde (like my sim), reminds me of a tall Babydoll from Suckerpunch and is steampunk icon! How could I not

Yes, I did! Did you check your wall? ;D

And FR cause I just now realized we weren't, I thought we were

AmaraRena

HollownessDevour wrote:
AmaraRena wrote:What she said. ^^ After all, I can take all that Steampunk stuff, turn it black and hey presto more Goth stuff! LOL

I know Steampunk turns into Goth easy but Goth doesn't easily turn to steampunk (some but not all).

Yes! She is platinum blonde (like my sim), reminds me of a tall Babydoll from Suckerpunch and is steampunk icon! How could I not

Yes, I did! Did you check your wall? ;D

And FR cause I just now realized we weren't, I thought we were

Yay! Can't wait to see how you incorporate it into future projects.

Charlottekn

This is funny because I was just moaning about how there's not enough Goth content and SO much steampunk but really there is not much of either! I want more punk/goth stuff personally (mohawks,'big hair', more eye and lip makeup color choices, more long skirt options-torn skirt, gypsy styles, hobble skirts) but I would gladly recolor more steampunk stuff. And can we get a bustle skirt? Please?

Steampunk build items would be heavily used by me as well (as long as I can recolor. The option for a punk club as a venue would be fantastic as well, but that's just dreaming.

FTR, I don't think that Midnight Hollow is that Goth OR Steampunk either! Everyone's dressed up like a J-Rock star or circus person, and there's a lot of yellow. It's just a dark world with some sort of victorian stuff going on, more fantasy/raver than anything. I do like some of the rabbitholes and buildings, but not enough to play them in that world. I'm looking forward to a New Orleans sort of world or even a dark urban world, which would probably work nicely for steampunk stuff as well.

My New Blog (Sims content and other nerdiness)
CharlotteSimtimes
HollownessDevour

Yes the architecture is gothic revival which is basically Victorian like. Clothes are more Victorian recolored dark but there's are some goth and steampunk pieces not enough to carry either themes as complete though

HollownessDevour

For those who do not know and thinks it is all the same:

Gothic is an era and architecture style
Gothic and Gothic Revival have lots of similiaries
Gothic Revival architecture is very similar to Victorian architecture
Goth is the actual subculture (ranges from goth rock subcultures (emo, punk, death metal, etc) to Neo Victorian, fantasy, romantic, vampirism, etc)
Steampunk is heavily Victorian influenced
Victorian on it's own is not Steampunk
Neo Victorian is the overlap of Goth and Steampunk
Steampunk is the pasts (Victorian Period especially) version of the future (not too distant to distant) or a Dystopian Future
Cyberpunk is the electronic 80s inspired of Dystopia
Cyberpunk and Steampunk run parallel some things can work with each other some not at all
Some considered Cyberpunk as a sub genre of Steampunk, Steampunk being the parent or foundation

This all can seem like the same thing to some people I can understand that but that is like saying the 1900s was all the same when really the early 1900s and the mid 1900s and the late 1900s are so different even lumping in 2 decades is a crude generalization. But unlike eras alone these are subcultures which are growing, strengthening and influence literature, movies, art, fashion, music, etc.

Direct in game examples of types: *trying to place the items in the most appropriate category since there is overlap

Gothic: Grim's Ghastly Manor Roof Details, Gothique set, Midnight Hollow roof details

Gothic Revival: Midnight Hollow houses and Roof Details and build items

Victorian Architecture: Full Regal

Goth: Street Couture set, Gothic Glamour set, Grim's Ghastly Manor CAS, a few Midnight Hollow CAS

Steampunk: Steampunk Sets, a few Midnight Hollow Hairs

Victorian: Victorian Set, a few Midnigh Hollow CAS, street couture

Neo Victorian: Some of Midnight Hollow CAS, Grims Ghastly Manor CAS, Street Couture set

Dystopian Future: Origins Dark Industrial Set, some steampunk stuff, some ITTF and Future shock it recolored more dark grudge

Cyberpunk: Future Shock items and ITTF items recolored more dark and grudge and Showtime future looking props

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 11/11/13 01:15 AM

chopin27

Yes, yes, yes and yes!!
I know I love Steampunk, Cyberpunk and Distopian themed stuff. And I love the dark industrial set. Especially the window and the spiral stairs!
I even wish to have somewhat like a larger version of Distopia/Oasis landing....

I need to add, though. Boots for men.

HollownessDevour

Oh yeah, definitely boots for men too! I thought I mentioned them but YES!

Chainzz

Yes please all of this! Love this kind of style. Really like the look of that blonde girl, in the first picture. I would love more stuff like this in the game.

kateoverend

I would love some bustle skirts like these

HollownessDevour

kateoverend wrote:I would love some bustle skirts like these

Thank you I didn't know the name so seeing the visual now I know what it is called But I poorly described it in my post but I updated with the correct name now

fariecat

I love this thread! Yes on the bustle skirts! Just plain longer skirts to play with make me all sorts of happy!
Nik24X7

I'll sign the petition! I've really enjoyed playing Midnight Hollow! Any steampunk set would definitely fit right in and will definitely be a buy for me.
kateoverend

HollownessDevour wrote:
kateoverend wrote:I would love some bustle skirts like these

Thank you I didn't know the name so seeing the visual now I know what it is called But I poorly described it in my post but I updated with the correct name now

You are welcome Hollowness I would love some saucy suspenders and stockings for everyday wear also

Forum Index » Store General Discussion (EN)
Go to: