Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
Simpoints: EA, your site is playin GAMES! >-<  XML
Post Reply Forum Index » Store General Discussion (EN)
murfeel

Okay, I went to the Store site to find a link for someone looking for EA CC. I was not logged in; I just wanted the link, so I was lurking.

And WHAT do I find staring me inthe face after MONTHS of absense?

THE SIMPONT ADS LINK!

I was so excited that I clicked on it right away, forgetting that I wasn't even logged in. I got the prompt to log in, so I did.

And what simply VANISHED upon logging in?

THE G-D SIMPOINT ADS LINK!!!!

WHAT THE FRICK!?!

Oh, so it can be as shiny and blue and out there as it wants to be when I'm NOT logged in, but as soon as I log in the link goes away!? And I'm on the SAME PAGE!

EA, y'all think you're SO funny.

Halle_M

That happened to me. Log out, visit ANY other section of the website EXCEPT the Store page, log back in, THEN return to the Store page, and you should find the Simpoint badge back where it should be.

....assuming it's still there and hasn't timed out by the time you perform this rigamarole to get it back....

krimsonnox

i have not seen it on the page in awhile but i see it at the bottom of my Launcher alot.

http://krimsnolasims.blogspot.com
murfeel

The LAUNCHER!?

What's it doing there?...

Thanks, Halle! I'm gonna log out and go back in -- I BET it'll be timed out.

murfeel

Yup, it timed out--I went back in and looked for it in my Wishlist and it wasn't there, so I logged back out and went to the Store, and it's not even appearing over there, so it's gone.

Lovely.

You know, if we would have simply gotten those simpoint discounts like we used to, rather than this hoops and circle hide-and-seek jig, heartache like what I'm suffering at the moment could've been avoided. My hopes, EA. MY HOPES!

RoseRidge

Hi Murfeel,

Wanted to let you know that I have found the Simpoint button 3 times now, in the store section under My Page Goodies.

Worth a shot - heck I have been checking all of the store categories the last few days, but have only seen it on the main page and the My Page Goodies.

Good luck

KATENESS

I thought you brought up this topic because the ad is an actual game now, not just a video to watch. You can play a driving game while you wait for the time to run out. It's silly but sort of fun, too.

I hope you get the ads soon!

CaySedaiSim

I discovered that I don't see the "Get Bonus SimPoints" thing in Firefox, but I do see it in Chrome. I think Firefox is blocking it somehow, but I haven't figured out how to stop it. So I log into Chrome for this. I just checked and it's showing right now (11:42 p.m. Central time, Nov. 18 - I think I just caught the tail end, because I only got 10 SP).

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 11/19/13 05:45 AM

CMWarren

it has been very glitchy. it should just be on a 24 hour timer. as it is, it might be 2-3 weeks between before I get another chance. might as well not have it at all if it is not going to work 99% of the time.
SuttiPutt

This disapearing act with the points has been going on for awhile now with different ones.It kept happening to me for three months then I started getting them again,but it's acting up again and seems to be taking longer to find them.Hope they fix this feature,where it will start working without any issues.I find the adds all over the store and even on the sales page.Just keep trying and don't give up.
murfeel

CaySedaiSim wrote:I discovered that I don't see the "Get Bonus SimPoints" thing in Firefox, but I do see it in Chrome. I think Firefox is blocking it somehow, but I haven't figured out how to stop it.

I agree--all I get is Javascript void 0 in Firefox.
I'm trying in IE9 but it keeps happening -- I come to the site not logged in, the button is there, and as soon as I log in I can't find the button ANYWHERE.

This is beyond crazy.

Halle_M

murfeel wrote:I come to the site not logged in, the button is there, and as soon as I log in I can't find the button ANYWHERE.

This is beyond crazy.

Try to make sure you're logged in using a different part of the website before you ever click on the Store page. I've gotten burned a few times by being logged out; now I just visit the Forums first, make sure I'm logged in, and then visit the Store page right around the same time every night. I usually (90% of the time) see the button when I do this.

KATENESS

I log in on the home page, then go straight to the Daily Deal page. And lately it's been there after my 24 hours is up.

murfeel

I see the Make an Offer link where the ads button should be.

GoddessHekate

The last two days for me the simpoint ad worked once and then disappeared.

Post Reply Forum Index » Store General Discussion (EN)
Go to: