Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
Cape Garner Islands. Ready for download. Dec 10th, 2013  XML
Forum Index » Create a World
Johnnywr

It`s been a while.
I`ve been away from the forums for quite some time and I`ve been meaning to finish this world for months now. I`ve only finally gone and done it.
I started Cape Garner Islands way back in Spring 2012, and was quite far into it`s completion when life caught up with me and it was put on hold for several months. A few expansion packs later I returned to it and all but finished it, but due to it`s limitations and lack of certain lots I never usually play, I decided not to share it.

Well, seeing as we are closing in to the end of another Sims chapter, I thought, what the heck. So, here is Cape Garner Islands.

As I hinted at earlier, this world does not contain several lot types some may see as essential; seeing as this one was my baby, well, you can`t win `em all. I guess it got a bit tiring having to update parts of the world which seemed out of date with the more recent EPs. Och well

Before the nitty gritty; where is this world supposed to be?
Cape Garner Islands is based on some of the islands off Vancouver Island. Pacific coastal north west USA/Canada area.

The Exchange download link: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=7882692
The Mediafire download link: http://www.mediafire.com/download/itdo10op18plpkd/Cape%20Garner
%20Islands

Okay, the nitty gritty:

File size: 86MB
Requires all EPs-SPs up to Island Paradise & 70s/80s/90s Stuff.
81 Lots
28 Residential lots & 2 Houseboats + 5 Empty lots
Lot sizes vary from 64x64 to 15x20. Most are standard lot sizes.
50 Community Lots, including:
City Hall (the three career version)
School/Stadium
Hospital/Science Centre
Fire Station
Library
Art Gallery (Doubles as Showtime Private Venue)
Consignment Store
Graveyard
Coffeehouse
Bistro
Spa
Grocery Store
Bookstore
Resort (intended as hotel)
Laundromat
Bowling Arcade
3 Bars (Including Dance Club doubling as Showtime Live venue)
Big Park
Fishing Spots
Several Beaches
Small Parks
Three Ports
Two Diving Areas (Skill Level 2 + 5)
There are no gym or designated Festival lots

Base game spawners are present.
There are several store items in the world. I tried keeping it down to a minimum, but for once, I thought...this time it`s not for me to compromise
The islands are the playable area; the mountainous backdrop is a sculpted distant terrain with decorative (non playable) lots.
No CC was used in making this world.
The World is not pre-populated.

Some pics:

I can`t think of anything else to say at this point, and I will be away for a wee while. So, in the meantime, I hope you find Cape Garner Island a welcoming world for your sims to play until Sims 4 (for those who will...go there ), or just, until you get bored with it.
Feel free to reorganize and fiddle about as you see fit.
Thanks to all the kind souls here who remain resolutely wonderful *hugz*

*Alba gu bràth*

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 12/25/13 01:32 AM

startspring

Oh Johnny boy, you are a gem It looks lovely just as all of your worlds does. Thank you so much for sharing. *Huggies*

Just play. Have fun. Enjoy the game.
Diancarock

He's back!!!! OMG, Yes I'm downloading as I'm typing this. Because your other world Great Bear was astounding, I played a legacy in that world. So I'm pretty sure this world is just as beautiful. Thank you so much!!!

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 12/11/13 12:07 AM

Rflong7

Hi, Johnnywr

Oh... staying away from us...
and still finishing such a beautiful world~ Awesome! Lovely views and everything.

(On a side note- can you tell me how much Store stuff you used? Just a few items or more than 20 sets?) Thanks so much.
Writin_Reg

Oh my, I felt my heart skip a beat - Johnny's back.... and bearing a wondrous gift to boot. Oh I have missed you so much Johnnywr - I want you to know that. We all know how I really hate having amy of my sweet friends missing - especially the "voice of reason" Johnny bear.

You bet I will be downloading and for sure loving Cape Gamer Islands... thank you for the wonderful gift to us all... but please come back periodically. We all miss you in "our" thread and most us still play your Ronnie sim in our games because you are one of us.

Although I can understand not wanting to be around the likes of me - and my oft walls of words.

Anyway - thank you so much for sharing Johnny bear. It is always a party when I see your name on a post! Well feels like one anyway - a really good party.... big bear hugs to you and yours.

lovelylisac

What an absolutely beautiful world. Not sure my laptop will handle that many trees, but I'm going to try it, at least. Thank you for sharing, I do so love your worlds.
xXJessiXx

Omg! Omg! Omg! Frick I am in love this world! Great job amazing!
HappySimmer3

I am no doubt way too old to admit this, but I did an 'inner squee' as soon as I saw your post on the forum, Johnny.

Your worlds are always such a wonderful treat and I'm sure this one will be just as lovely as all the others. Thank you so much for sharing it with us! I still plan to play TS3 for as long as it interests me, and judging by all the things I've never tried it might just keep me busy for a while. Lately I've been playing an Inventor since I've never done more than dabble in it. Anyway, all your worlds will get much love and play time from me!

It's also always great to hear from you - we have missed you but I hope you have found lots of other interests in your life - and most of all I hope you are happy. Thanks again for sharing Cape Garner Islands as well as all of your worlds with us. And as always, best wishes to you!

tammyjo329

As always ... just lovely!! Thanks for the wonderful new world It is stunning.

Sneakfeline0

Oh my goodness, oh my goodness! Back to beautiful British Columbia, sorry my American friends, the beauteous Pacific Northwest eh? I'm thinking it must be time for me to take a break and do some downloading! I loved Saskan Harbor so much, as well as your other worlds . It must be time for you to come and visit your family over here soon Johnny, something just seems to keep you coming back to this area of the world!

MIss_Sophie

Beautiful world, I must download and explore!
glory_joy

Haven't made a post in over a year, but this! I am already in love with your worlds, and have been missing your posts and work!

Cape Garner is exactly what I've been waiting for: a non-tropical world that's set up for IP! Thank you soooo much for sharing!
Nilxis

What a wonderful surprise! I'm downloading it right now
It looks absolutely beautiful, thank you so much for this!

vickigoh

I have downloaded and it really look so good..love it!
Starsaphire2

Beautiful area around Vancouver and the Strait of Juan de Fuca...one of my all times favorite places to visit. I have family on Friday Harbor and your islands bring me wonderful vacation memories.

Thank you so much for building and sharing this world.
Hugz

Practice random acts of nerdiness.

Forum Index » Create a World
Go to: