Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
PLEASE HELP ME!! >>> service initialization failed (0x065d0274)  XML
Forum Index » Technical Discussion (EN)
chutneycrumble

Hi Everyone, having some difficulty!!
I have bought 1 thing off the exchange and 1 thing off the store and they downloaded fine but before that i had a huge list of downloads and they wouldn't work so i gave up.

Couple of months after i bought the new furniture range for the living room called ultra lounge. I tried to download it and it came up with...>
service initialization failed (0x065d0274)
And if i try to play the game it come up with it too!!
I am really annoyed because i really want to play Sims!!
Please Please PLEASE HELP ME!!

Extra info

*Worked fine for my sis in the morning and not for me in afternoon, Different log in's on the laptop
*Eventually i got it working after an hour of ejecting and putting the disk in again but still couldn't download the furniture
PLEASE HELP!
XXX
alucky123

Same problem here. Apparently EA's being quiet about it so hopefully they will stop being wimps and actually address the problem. I talked to many other people with the same problem as well.
Mosh2008

I got the same thing service initialization failed (oxo65d0274). I spent a lot of money at the sims store and none of it will install,,,, FRUSTRATING
chutneycrumble

Hey, thanks, any sugestions what i should do though?
Heather263

THE ANSWER TO THE SERVICE INITIALIZION FAILED (0x065d0274) PROBLEM!!!!!
I have figured it out!!!!! If anyone is still having problems, try this little quick fix. I'm running Vista on an HP laptop so this might not apply to those with other operating systems but it worked like a dream for me. (HP's have issues with the sims 3)

My system stopped downloading store/exchange content. I had downloaded a bit before and had no troubles, then it just refused with the error messege service initialization failed (0x065d0274)! I thought it might have been because I installed the update patch, or maybe because I updated my windows explorer.... whatever the case; the following trick worked.

Close all of your browser windows and etc... right click on the sims icon on the desktop or wherever you might have it stored and select run as administrator. Once the game browser opens up, go to the store or exchange and download your content - this time when it is finished downloading, it won't just be a little box. It will actually install.

Hopefully this is the cure for all of your headaches. Give me feedback if it doesn't work, I'm pretty good at finding help on random forums.
chutneycrumble

Hey, this is the weirdest thing, yesterday i downloaded lotsa stuff then today i come and and no! Not working. OMG THIS IS SOO FRUSTRATING I SPENT LOADS ON THE STORE AND I CAN'T DOWLOAD IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Grrrr, thinking of emailing EA and see if they can help, though they will probably make up an excuse
DarkPhoenix22597

Heather263 wrote:
I have figured it out!!!!! If anyone is still having problems, try this little quick fix. I'm running Vista on an HP laptop so this might not apply to those with other operating systems but it worked like a dream for me. (HP's have issues with the sims 3)

My system stopped downloading store/exchange content. I had downloaded a bit before and had no troubles, then it just refused with the error messege service initialization failed (0x065d0274)! I thought it might have been because I installed the update patch, or maybe because I updated my windows explorer.... whatever the case; the following trick worked.

Close all of your browser windows and etc... right click on the sims icon on the desktop or wherever you might have it stored and select run as administrator. Once the game browser opens up, go to the store or exchange and download your content - this time when it is finished downloading, it won't just be a little box. It will actually install.

Hopefully this is the cure for all of your headaches. Give me feedback if it doesn't work, I'm pretty good at finding help on random forums.

EA Should thank you while I was online looking for solutions to why I couldn't get my items to download I was also on the phone filing a complaint with Master Card against EA for failing to deliver merchandise and preparing to file a complaint with the Better Business Bureua as well. After reading your advise I was FINALLY able to download my items from the store but I can say this: I WILL NEVER, NEVER EVER, purchase anything from the store again. To much hassle and no contact information or help if things go wrong.

Thanks again for your help!

Where would us simmer be without each other to turn to because seriously if we had to rely on EA we would all be up a river without a paddle.
TooCute50

Hi You Guys: I hope one of you see this message I never seen this before, even though I read the forum often. However I recieved the same problem with the same system failed message code(0x065d0274)you guys has since 7/9/09 I think. Anyway I have a Windows Vista Desk Top. Can anyone help me get my stuff. Since I've downloaded update patches hoping to fix the problem I only recieved problem after problem. Now besides the lost of the games I Play by being erased in the middle of playing them . I've totally lost the town Sunset Valley. Any help appreciated. Thank You Desperate!
HoneyBe

Heather263 wrote:

Thank you, thank you, thank you! I'm running the Sim 3 on Windows 7 and I did what you said and it totally worked! I have to agree with some others though...I'm never buy anything from the store again.
Wazburg

I Get the same report it's sooooooooooo annoying i just wanna play my sims *RAWRR* i have the same problem as everyones eles iv had this problem for like months now. Sims ran perfectly but after i installed a patch it was like CA BOOM im running sims on my Dell Windows Xp
TooCute50

Still looking for help with my problems can you help me anyone? Please!!!!!! Windows Vista Desk Top(by: Intel). Service Initialzation failed (0x065d0274). Thank You.
TheHighness

Heather263 wrote:

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!
If anyone is still having this issue, TRY THIS!!! It worked for me.
hollyrose4

Heather263 wrote:

IT DID NOT WORK FOR ME!
I AM SO MAD NOW!
curry17

Heather263 wrote:

Thankyou so much. This worked great for me. Everyone whos having the same problem try this. It worked wonders for me!!!
DeboraHurn

Running the game as an administrator worked for me! Thanks for much for posting that tip.

Forum Index » Technical Discussion (EN)
Go to: