Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
Men's hairstyles are really lacking. No curly head cuts  XML
Post Reply Forum Index » Store General Discussion (EN)
FlamingoKicker1

I was trying to re-style the Marks Brothers in Roaring Heights to make them more "accurate" to what they should look like and I realized there are NO men's hairstyles that come anywhere close to Harpo Marx's hair.

Of course I'm not sure there are any female styles that have that kind of curly style either. It might be a difficult look to do with the animations. Then again, I wouldn't know.

All I know is there really isn't much you can do except put a hat on him to cover up his straight hair.

Don't get me started on Groucho's mustache.
Nik24X7

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 12/27/13 11:22 PM

FlamingoKicker1

Nope. Thanks for the response but those two are straight hair. Harpo has permed (I'm guessing) curly hair. Or maybe his hair was naturally curly. Doubt too many men back then permed their hair.
FlamingoKicker1

Oh yeah, the hat does look like one Harpo wore. But the hair is wrong. Oh well...
Pamhamlet

FlamingoKicker1 wrote:Nope. Thanks for the response but those two are straight hair. Harpo has permed (I'm guessing) curly hair. Or maybe his hair was naturally curly. Doubt too many men back then permed their hair.

Harpo wore a titian(red)-haired wig as part of his stage persona; that was not his real hair, which was dark and somewhat wavy. He was well known for wearing a top hat though, which is available in CAS.

Here's a picture of him w/o his wig:
StellaToronto

The only short curly hair for men comes with the registration bonus for Ambitions.
It makes Sims head look kinda big , but it's available for all ages & gender.
FlamingoKicker1

I suppose red is a color that doesn't really show up well in black and white and I don't believe the Marx Brothers ever made any color films so whether his wig was red or blonde we'll just have to agree to disagree on that.

It looks like a blonde wig to me though.
FlamingoKicker1

Here's some information that may shed some light that I just found online:

"In the Marx Brothers' early years on stage, Harpo wore a curly red wig. When the Marxes began making black-and-white movies, Harpo's red wig looked black on film, so he switched to a wig that was yellow. In this 1957 scene, we see Harpo in glorious color, including his wig as it originally appeared on stage!..."

Post Reply Forum Index » Store General Discussion (EN)
Go to: