Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
Town too empty, Any way to populate town?  XML
Post Reply Forum Index » General Discussion (EN)
vesvezDat

In the basic game without MODS, Bars, Libraries, streets, everything is just empty always. And i have about 6 Expansion packs. But i start in my town and it's just empty like a ghost town. few people here and there. but in reality, real life tons of people are walking around and visitng stores and clubs and such. So that's what i would like.

Is there a way to populate my town with lots of people?

I heard the NRAAS StoryProgression mod has something to bring in population. Then i heard AwesomeMOD also has something.

And one guy showed in video tutorial, how to Use MasterController mod to populate empty bars, clubs.

Which one is best?
Zeri

story progression is pretty good at keeping the town populated. but you can always just add families yourself if you dont want to use mods.

just make (or download) a few random families and drop them in empty houses. when you go to downtown lot, the game will push some of them to go there too

ShadeDaystar

From what it sounds like, you're not so much asking to POPULATE the town as you are asking to "ACTIVATE" the town. Story Progression enables "pushes", causing Sims to go out, do jobs, collect items, visit bars, etc. EA Story Progression is supposed to do this, but tends to be much more erratic than NRaas Story Progression. Sometimes everyone would glom to one area, sometimes they were all in their homes doing who knows what. With EA Story Progression, a Sim could be single with no romantic interest or child one day; and married with a toddler the next. At least a few players will claim EA Story Progression "ruined" their game with their random emigrations, and even more random immigrations.

If you're not opposed to mods, I'd really suggest NRaas Story Progression. It can cause your towns to feel much more alive.
TadOlson

I would strongly advise you to use NRaas for Mods and you can still set it up for mostly manual story progression with a little help.I have some links to help you get started right HERE.

skyegiovanni

I recently downloaded the Story Progression mod and it makes a huge difference. Sims around town will get jobs, gain skills, get married, have children etc. It makes the town feel alive

vesvezDat

I saw some other threads were people complained it's a ghost town.

Well i'm a newbie and it does seem likeit. I gone to the Bar place and it's just me.
In the streets there's just few random lonely people.

And that's even though i added the Story Progression MOD from NRAAS. Which made an improvement.

But there's no clubs or nightlife areas so i can't go out and meet and dance and stuff.
Can i add clubs and bars and entertainment centers and shops to the town ?

I'm not sure if that's possible but there's not much to go out and see.

So what would be a better town? For a more active sim life.

I got Sims Pets, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Seasons, University.

And i just have the default towns i get.
I even wonder how I go to university, there isn't a University listed in the world to choose from.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 12/30/13 07:54 PM

vesvezDat

I tried to make the town more active with NRAAS Story Progression.
I used the Immigration/Emigration option and i'm not sure if i'm doing it right
but i set the Immigration Gauge to 1000. and then i messed around with other settings like
Immigrant cash to be much more than the price of the lots...I thought that would make them move into the city easier.

It did kind of help but i don't know if i'm doing it right.
I thought that like 100s or thousands of people would magically appear and popoulate my town.

So if anyone knows how to set up the NRAAS Story progression to have more people , i would appreciate it.

Nik24X7

vesvezDat wrote:So if anyone knows how to set up the NRAAS Story progression to have more people , i would appreciate it.

You might also ask for help on Twallan's site. I'm sure there's instructions to be found over there. For me, I usually don't tweak the default settings much. I don't recall how the Immigration threshold works. 1000 might be too high.
Chemicalwibs

In addition to NRaas SP, I also have a nifty little mod by Shimrod called Townies Out On The Town, and it does just what the name implies: it sends townies to community lots, so instead of being deserted they are buzzing with life. You can find it at Sims Asylum, you have to register to download and gain access to most of the site though. But it's worth it in my opinion, they have a lot of useful mods Link to Townies Out On The Town here.

ShadeDaystar

Any town can be good for a Sim with an active night life. Several towns have room to simply drop in the required lot types. The game even comes with examples, if you don't want to build your own; or they can be "stolen" from other neighborhoods by adding them to the lot library while in that neighborhood.

If you want people to move in, 1000 is definately too high. That number would be for when you want it possible, but you really want the game to work for it. Try a lower setting, like 100, or 50, or even 10. Every time the game calls for someone, but doesn't find someone, it adds to the immigration call. When the number rises above the threshold, a new immigration family is generated and moved in. This new family usually meets the most pressing needs, but can be tweaked in the settings.

Honestly, I'm surprised you messed with the settings, at all. Not changing them would give you a feel of "EASP+". You can turn off stories from the general settings option under stories. A lot of people think they're too verbose.
Ambermonk9

I think there're some other issues to consider as well...

1. The more people that are running around town may tend to slow the game down a little.

2. I've noticed that when I go to a venue, there is often no one there, but after I've been there awhile, people start poring in. I think the Sims algorithm is set up to be a compromise between having too many Sims running around town slowing down the game, and populating specific venues after the Sim has already arrived there.

3. If you import more houses & households, this will go a long way to filling up you town. I remember starting a teen in Barnacle Bay and there were hardly any other teens. I went onto the Exchange and downloaded a bunch of households with interesting teens. I put them into the game, and now the town is swarming with interesting teens.

4. You can also change the designation of some of the community sights. For example, if you change the designation from 'Visitors Allowed' to something like 'Hangout' you might get more of the result that you are looking for.

5. For best results, try all of the above - and you probably won't have to add (and update) any mods.
Ambermonk9

ShadeDaystar wrote:Any town can be good for a Sim with an active night life. Several towns have room to simply drop in the required lot types. The game even comes with examples, if you don't want to build your own; or they can be "stolen" from other neighborhoods by adding them to the lot library while in that neighborhood.

If you want people to move in, 1000 is definately too high. That number would be for when you want it possible, but you really want the game to work for it. Try a lower setting, like 100, or 50, or even 10. Every time the game calls for someone, but doesn't find someone, it adds to the immigration call. When the number rises above the threshold, a new immigration family is generated and moved in. This new family usually meets the most pressing needs, but can be tweaked in the settings.

Honestly, I'm surprised you messed with the settings, at all. Not changing them would give you a feel of "EASP+". You can turn off stories from the general settings option under stories. A lot of people think they're too verbose.

Nicely said!

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 12/30/13 09:40 PM

stilljustme2

Another thing to watch for is adding too many entertainment venues, especially if you're adding both Showtime and Late Night style venues. If there are too many entertainment type venues the game will tend to stretch out the Sims and send a few to each one, rather than congregating them all in one or two places (the "hotspots"). I try to go with just one dance club, one dive bar and a couple of generic hangouts and seem to get a decent population of Sims having fun.

Keori

well ive never heard of the awesome mod but i used Nrass story progression

Custom Content Sharing Thread....

Post Reply Forum Index » General Discussion (EN)
Go to: