Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
Ever since I downloaded the new patch, all of my sims are miserable...*resolved... for me, anyway*  XML
Post Reply Forum Index » Late Night
Devynsims00

sugar_cookies wrote:
wishinstonez wrote:
Jarsie9 wrote:I have a question: Has anyone tried using testingCheatsEnabled true to remove the negative moodlets from the Sim's moodlet panels? And if so, does it work?

It works with normal bad moodlets so I assume it'd work the same with glitched moodlets. Just ctrl+click on the moodlet you no longer want (either left or right click, cant remember)

if you take a look at the pic I posted, my sim didn't even have negative moodlets so no, that wouldn't work... not for me anyways

So far the only way I can play is with CheatsOn and set it to Static - so my mood(s) never drop and I'm constantly awake, happy, etc. (annoying though)

sarahmckenzie

I'm having that problem too! And it's driving me absolutely nuts. I have a house of three, and the mom in the family will never get happy. I've tried everything. Changed traits, filled her needs up, had NO negative lets.
RAWR
Daiyu

This started happening to my new sim too. All previous sims I had been playing in the same game never had this problem.

I think I may have fixed it for my sim, although from reading the posts, probably just temporarily.

I moved him to a new home, but I was still having problems with the mood bar. I switched households, moved them to a new house and then switched back to my sim.

Seems like the mood bar is fine now, but I'm not sure if this is a fix or has just temporarily solved the problem.

Dhouse2

This is what I've found with my "miserable" Sim.

Buying a more expensive bed did not help. I did get the "well-rested" moodlet, which someone said might actually be registering as a negative? I just put in another, even higher-quality bed to see if that does anything.

Moving to a new house or saving/quitting & restarting helps for a short time (3 or 4 Sim days at the most).

Having one dirty counter and a dirty sink in the kitchen plus being somewhat hungry plunged her immediately into deep red ... she had 3 positive moodlets at the time, and just the one (dirty surroundings) negative. She did eat leftovers and got up into orange but still refused to clean, so I had her play computer games & go in the hot tub for a while to get her into a better mood. Once the stuff was cleaned she was back in high green and stayed that way until bedtime.

I'm going to try using the cheat to remove negative moodlets and also the "well rested" one (if I get it) -- just to see what happens.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 12/06/10 04:12 PM

Cheeezey

The cheap bed theory makes a lot of sense. In the game I've been playing, the home lot is really nice with expensive beds, lots of decorations, etc. (it's several generations into a legacy), but when they travel to WA locations, they have that mood problem. They sleep on the base camps, with just the default cheap beds/tents, and they started developing this problem there.

I've also noticed that the mood will drop whenever the fun and/or another need get below half, even if it's still green. I had a sim running around collecting bugs and rocks with no moodlets in France, and his mood started going down simply because his fun wasn't going up as his other needs were dropping. Same with tomb exploring.
Devynsims00

I'm pretty floored to see how long it takes to address an issue for ts3

WBMike

After encountering the negative mood bug I reinstalled my game and decided not to apply the latest patch...

So the following pictures are before the 1.18etc patch.

I found this interesting and goes very very well with the Cheap Bed Theory, which I'll now call Rested Moodlet bug.

Reload a save and the mood is back to normal.

So the way I tested this out was fooling around with the needs sliders making my SIM sleep and wake up over and over and over. Slowly but surely the mood rose into elated status.

So it's possible the rested moodlet was stacking values incorrectly. So with fuzzy values I could say in my game it was +10/-10/+10 so eventually the mood is boosted +30 and will keep stacking until I reload the save file.

I think with the patch, the values go into the opposite direction...
AdrieCm

Devynsims00 wrote:I'm pretty floored to see how long it takes to address an issue for ts3

Me, too, but then I play WoW and they get on issues like right away (I remember a quest was being buggy and I reported it, it was fixed 15 minutes later) and that has kind of spoiled me.
I know it takes time, though, but sometimes it still amazes me how long it seems to take. And how sometimes, the fixes add problems that weren't there before.

Well, I tried dividing the miserable sims and then moving them back in like another player suggested. It worked the entire last session I played yesterday, played for about 2 hours. Worked for a while today (about 45 mins), but started happening on and off again. I've also been playing it using cheats to keep their motives up all the time, so they don't sleep and don't need to eat or anything like that, but they still seem to get the low mood at random times, even with only the 'clean' moodlet.

Cheeezey, have you tried changing the beds/decor in the vacation locations? I've done that and, before the past few days, they would be in great moods while on vacation.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 12/06/10 08:57 PM

HappyPhantom

So at the moment, would you all say that the best thing to do is uninstall and reinstall and just don't update? I think I may give that a try and see what happens.
gatomontes

The way the "well rested" buff is applied with the current patch seems to be the problem: a default value of +25 (from the buff definition) is subtracted from the mood and the actual value given by the bed is added. This logic would be correct if the default buff was in effect at the time, but I guess it isn't.
For a cheap +10 bed, this results in an accumulating loss of 15 mood each sim day.
It also works the other way around: any bed or similar giving a stronger buff over +25 will produce an accumulating daily gain.
So as a workaround until a fix comes I suggest using only beds giving a buff of +25 strength like "Single Sophisticated" and "LuxurLove Sleepset". I don't know any equivalent for cribs or the tents from WA.
The accumulated wrong value apparently doesn't get into saved games, if people still have trouble with a fresh loaded world there might be some other bugs lurking around.
WBMike

Hm interesting. I want to try out these beds pre-patch and see what happens.
HechiceraSim

An amusing test:

Make a brand new sim, in a brand new version of a town (I chose Twinbrook) in a clean install with no CC of any kind. Set testingcheatsenabled true.

Use Brass double bed:
- Let sim get about 50% on sleep need, so they will rest to "Well Rested"
- let them sleep until that icon appears
- Pause game ASAP
- not the first time the icon is applied the happy meter drops just a tad
- set game speed to 1
- cntrl-click the moodlet off (since cheats are enabled) - mood drops more expected
- game will reapply moodlet at this slow speed
- happy drops more
- keep clicking moodlet off
- after about 7 clicks I got a full red (un)happy bar
Save and reload fixed.

repeated test with same save:
Bedscalibur double bed took ~15 clicks/moodlet reapplications for full red bar
Double Sleep Raft took ~32 clicks/moodlet reapplications for full red bar
LuxurLove Sleepset gave up at 50 clicks and no permanent bar movement
The Lexington took ~16 clicks/moodlet reapplications for full GREEN bar
Sleep-Slave double bed ~ ~8 clicks/moodlet reapplications for full GREEN bar

Clearly recreating the bed testing. Since this was repeatable, something QA at EA could verify too.

So I worked on the other moodlet mentioned "Filthy Surroundings". I walled in my poor sim with an old newspaper and some clothes on the floor. Every time the "Filthy Surroundings" moodlet came up I cleared it. Since he couldn't clean up these items, it kept being reapplied, and I'd keep clearing it. Went through about 20 applications/removals and happy bar showed no trend.
Devynsims00

AdrieCm wrote:
Devynsims00 wrote:I'm pretty floored to see how long it takes to address an issue for ts3

Me, too, but then I play WoW and they get on issues like right away

AHHHH! lol I am on my Belf paly right now, farming for my new goblin (waiting for Cata servers to go live)

But yeah, I agree. I only play this and WoW, nothing else. So I've not tons to compare, but still... between the two games and how quickly a fix is done between the two... leaves me floored

HturnerP

Well i dont have LN and i still get this.I dont have aney cc or mods.I hope thay fix this soon.At lest we have caw.
CuddlyBun

WBMike wrote:
I think with the patch, the values go into the opposite direction...

I have this issue. Reloading does fix it temporarily, but my sims can never be under "Elated" once they've slept in any bed. I guess the values are broken or something. Increased for some, negative for others.

Post Reply Forum Index » Late Night
Go to: