Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
*UPDATED* - New Supported Graphics Card List  XML
Forum Index » Technical Discussions (EN)
bob007

jkstens - the ones in blue seem to be additions to the original list from EA

jeanamariex3 - each graphics card has different power requirements. You can't just "replace" a chipset (you need to replace the motherboard). The E530 came in many different configurations so we need to know what you have before making any recommendations. If you only have a 300W psu plan on upgrading the power supply.

Furni - You need to post your computer's dxdiag. I recommend you open a new post detailing your problem and include your dxdiag. This post is about which cards are supported. thank you

mirandachristine

I have another Intel graphics card can I just replace it with the suggested Intel card?
CodySimstein

mirandachristine wrote:I have another Intel graphics card can I just replace it with the suggested Intel card?

Hello,

Intel graphics cards aren't built for gaming, therefore have caused problems for some Simmers or force them to play on the lowest settings ever. I would recommend a dedicated ATI/AMD or Nvidia graphics cards, as they are designed for gaming and will play Sims 3 better. As long as you have a desktop and a free PCI/PCI-E slot, you should be able to get any brand of graphics card, even if your previous one was Intel.

Hope this helps,

Cody

Please visit my page and new blog!
CodySimstein

Hello all,

I have decided that we need to add a new colour into the mix on the Supported Card List. Currently we only have a colour for the original EA Card list, and a second to show which cards can play the Sims 3 Base Game (only). I wish to have a third for cards that have been confirmed to play ALL of Sims 3 (Base Game + ALL EPs + ALL SPs).

So which cards have been confirmed to play ALL of Sims 3 in the list on the first page?

Thanks,

Cody

Please visit my page and new blog!
OzTopher

CodySimstein wrote:
So which cards have been confirmed to play ALL of Sims 3 in the list on the first page?

The NVIDIA GTX 460 works perfectly with every EP & SP released to date on my PC.
Angelstevens4

I just bought a new PC with AMD Raedon HD 6550D integrated graphics, but I can't start the game. The pop-up says:
Device 0 cannot run this title.
No suppoprted video graphics card detected. Please check your system hardware.

This seems odd, because the AMD Raedon 6550M card is on the list. Is it because this one is HD? is there a patch for this? How can I bypass this?

suriyel

I have the gtx 560 ti the oem version. The game runs fine on high settings. Although I turned the settings down to medium since I am not currently doing any thing other than playing. No distortion I am not sure about fluff. I will post pictures of cats and dogs. I have not played with horses yet will update later this evening. I currently have all expansions and stuff packs.

This is a pic of the first dog that I tested out

A random horse running through open land

I am amazed at how different this game looks with a supported card.

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at 11/26/11 01:12 PM

Ryanr138

The new AMD Brazos Platform C60 with AMD Radeon HD6290 Works pretty well too. Just thought i'd add that
snickers1355

Sorry to ask but what about an AMD Radeon 6520G?
beccatdemon13

Hi all!

I'm looking to get a new laptop. And the new graphics card for Apple is AMD Radeon HD 6750M graphics processor with 512MB of GDDR5 memory on 2.2GHz configuration; or AMD Radeon HD 6770M graphics processor with 1GB of GDDR5 memory on 2.4GHz configuration.

Is this supported? I saw them under the Windows/PC on the original post and I wonder if it's okay with apple too. I recently got Sims 3 plus Pets, and Ambitions, Generations, and Outdoor living are on their way from amazon. I just hope everything runs okay. Because on I'm running 10.5.8 now and I can't even play Pets.

Sorry if this has been repeated!
ashcrash19

I noticed that the AMD HD Radeon 6670 was in red as a graphics card that should be able to play any of the expansions (I have all so far including Pets) that come out, correct?

The reason I asked is because I'm switching from an duo-core intel pentium intel HD graphics, 4GB Win 7 64bit laptop to a Win 7 64bit desktop with i5 2500K quad-core with the Radeon HD 6670, 8GB and 1TB HDD. This should play my games max no problem?

Sorry if I sound like a noob, I've never attempted a "gaming" PC for Sims 3, so thanks to anyone who answers

jimmybright36

Hey i know this is kinda late as far as when this was started... didnt look back and see when the most recent post was...
Anyways, my graphics card seems to be 2-in-1?
This is what it says in my "Dxdiag":
NVIDIA GeForce 6150SE nForce 430

I've ran into problems before where the game simply just wouldnt start or while im playing it shuts off. Any suggestions on to what the settings should be? if i get a reply i might re-download the game and start playing again
Sloan7742

jimmybright36 wrote:Hey i know this is kinda late as far as when this was started... didnt look back and see when the most recent post was...
Anyways, my graphics card seems to be 2-in-1?
This is what it says in my "Dxdiag":
NVIDIA GeForce 6150SE nForce 430

I've ran into problems before where the game simply just wouldnt start or while im playing it shuts off. Any suggestions on to what the settings should be? if i get a reply i might re-download the game and start playing again

I have this card and mine runs fine if i go into the settings in game and turn on advanced rendering and put the details for anything including sims to medium and restart the game. I do have the no fluff issue though. Also if i upgrade my card to the newest upgrade it messes up my pets so keep going backwards in updates till you find one that works. i think mine was the 275.something version. get a hold of nvidia tech support and ask them for this version and they will give you the link.
pixiedust4267

I'm looking at an hp laptop with a graphics card Radeon HD 6770M switchable graphics with 1024MB GDDR5 and up to 3813MB total graphics memory. Will this card be supported?

Sam_A_1992

The 6750m is so dont see why the 70 wouldnt be. In fact i dont see why any dedicated card wouldnt play it to some extent.

Corsair 600t SE | Corsair AX 850 | i5 3570K @4.2ghz | 16GB Platinum 1600mhz | Sapphire 7850 2GB | Corsair H100 | 128GB Crucial M4 SSD | WD Black 1TB

Forum Index » Technical Discussions (EN)
Go to: