Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
LE's School of Editing **Now Offering a Practice Mini Comp for Beginners: Judges & Models**  XML
Forum Index » Sims and Modeling
mea17

Thanks for my grades! (:
I'll try to make the chest less shiny next time I skin shade.

My new assignment looks super fun! Can't wait to try it!

LadyEmillye

I'm glad you like it Mea ^.^ and I can't wait to see what you come up with.

Mudfest, your assignment 2 is up. It is on the post below assignment 1.

mudfest24

Ooops, I forgot about those...
Name you want to go by: Mudfest
Have you ever judged before? No.

Creativity 3.5/5
Relevance to the theme 5/5
Quality 4/5
Presentation 4/5

This is a very well done picture. The flames obviously represent the rage and anger but it could have been represented in a more original and creative way. I must say though that the setting and the shadow of the bull in the back are very interesting details that help to boost the creativity of the piece. I do see a few blurry spots which is why a point was taken off for quality. Overall, it is an interesting and a very nice piece. Good job!

LadyEmillye

That's great Mudfest!

How are you feeling with judging? Do you want to practice a bit more, or do you feel confident to do the third and final assignment?

I will be setting up an anonymous poll for feedback from the simmers in the community, but if you don't feel ready, we can do a few more pics.

If you do feel confident, just post your third assignment on this thread, and you can use mine as an example.

LadyEmillye

I added comments and scores to Assignment 2's post. ^.^

Just let me which option you want to go with from the post above.

mudfest24

I think I feel confident enough in my judging to do the last assignment.
LadyEmillye

Alright then. As soon as you have the last assignment up, I'll start a poll to help me determine your marks for the Final Exam.

mudfest24

I'm a little confused...what exactly am I supposed to do for my third assignment?
LadyEmillye

You are to create a mock competition. Come up with an idea, a layout and an assignment. I'll do the assignment and you will judge and put up scores. An anonymous poll will go up for feedback from the community.

mudfest24

Ok. I'll get right on it. One more question, do you want me to post it as a post here or make a new thread for it?
LadyEmillye

Post it here please ^.^

mea17

My assignment should be ready by tomorrow or Sunday. I tried doing eyeshadow earlier and it looked awful so I think I am going to practice some more before I post my assignment photo.

LadyEmillye

Sure ^.^ Take your time.

mudfest24

Hi, I'm mudfest24, and its my pleasure to introduce Cycle 1 of the new, exciting competition, Sweet Dreams.

Remember those bedtime stories your parents used to read to you at night when you were younger? Well, if you liked those, you're going to love this competition! Each round will involve a different bedtime story and task involving that story, and you will be required to produce a picture of your sim involving that task and story.

This competition will be mainly focused on your concept and how well you execute it. I will be looking for pictures that show innovative, creative thinking.

This is an elimination contest, meaning that the person with the lowest score for each round will be eliminated. The only round that will not have an elimination is the first one.

1. Editing is allowed except for face plastering, photoskinning and there is to be no text on your submitted assignments.

2. Assignments will always be due in 7 days. If you need an extension, ask. Contestants who do not turn in assignments on time will be considered a drop-out and will be eliminated by default.

3. Do not put others down. Trash-talking and rude comments will not be tolerated.

4. Genetics (except for hair color) should not be changed during the competition.

5. If you have any queries or concerns about your scores, please simply let me know.

6. Have fun!

1. LadyEmilye - Reserved

To sign up as a model, give the following:
Headshot (on white Background):
Name you'd like to go by:
Name of Model:

**Models must be young adult or adult. Berry sims are not allowed for this competition. Models of all shapes, sizes and ethnicity are welcome.

Creativity and Concept: /15 points
Did you have an overall concept? Was it well executed? Did it show creative thinking?

Model's Appearance: /10 points
Does your model's pose, makeup, hair and clothes match the assignment? Are they visually appealing?

Setting: /5 points
Is the setting creative? Does it fit in with your concept?

Relevance: /5 points
Does your picture relate to the theme?

Quality: /5 points
Is your picture crisp and clear or blurry and pixelated?

Overall: /10 points
Judges' overall feeling of the picture.

Total: 50 points

If you want to read the story, you can find it here.

Inspiration/Example:

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 10/29/11 02:23 AM

LadyEmillye

That's excellent Mudfest.

Reserve me please, I'll have my model up shortly ^.^

And I will also start a poll for you as well.

Forum Index » Sims and Modeling
Go to: