Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
Harassment in the Community  XML
Post Reply Forum Index » Ideas & Feedback
Author Message
PsychoMasterX


Joined: 06/12/09 12:27 AM
Messages: 2495
Offline

what I'm saying many of this people clearly don't know how forums work that why it easy to attack them
Profile
birdVSworm


Joined: 05/19/10 10:09 PM
Messages: 89
Offline

There is really no excuse for attacking someone. It's really easy to be the big, mean, angry guy when everything is over the inet.

Some people need to just live and let live. I just can't figure out why people get so much pleasure out of being cruel to people! I think, like pp had said, they have issues on there own lives that cause them to act out.

Anyways don't let them get you down! And sorry to hear about your friend

Profile
Jarsie9


Joined: 05/17/09 12:34 AM
Messages: 10233
Online

EA needs to take the control of the forums away from Customer Service, and put it back where it belongs: In the hands of the web team. They had a very good system on the TS2 BBS; that is why you never had the problems that you have here; at least, not in the beginning when the BBS was first starting up.

There was a strong community of volunteers who became SimMasters, and then they were backed up by Maxoids. They could be a real pain in the behind, but they had TEETH, and people soon came to realize that they didn't play...when they needed to intervene, they did. and they went public with it. Does anyone here remember the days on the Sims 2 BBS when, if you saw a post with a gold shield before it, and a name after it, that meant the person being named was in big trouble? Humiliation works.

One of these days, this story will go national because of some unfortunate event, and EA will be held accountable because they did nothing to prevent the unfortunate event.

I Am No Longer Accepting Friend Requests. All Friend Requests Will Be Declined.
Profile
Callum9432


Joined: 08/29/09 08:52 AM
Messages: 7368
Location:Scotland
Online

Okay, seriously? What does this have to do with Ideas & Feedback?

Jarsie9 wrote:EA needs to take the control of the forums away from Customer Service, and put it back where it belongs: In the hands of the web team. They had a very good system on the TS2 BBS; that is why you never had the problems that you have here; at least, not in the beginning when the BBS was first starting up.

There was a strong community of volunteers who became SimMasters, and then they were backed up by Maxoids. They could be a real pain in the behind, but they had TEETH, and people soon came to realize that they didn't play...when they needed to intervene, they did. and they went public with it. Does anyone here remember the days on the Sims 2 BBS when, if you saw a post with a gold shield before it, and a name after it, that meant the person being named was in big trouble? Humiliation works.

I didn't use the Sims 2 forums, but what you are saying there would be a much better idea for these forums. EA should be thinking about this kind of thing for TS4 site.

One of these days, this story will go national because of some unfortunate event, and EA will be held accountable because they did nothing to prevent the unfortunate event.

It has already been on the news. Not quite national and certainly not international, but it has been on the news:
http://tinyurl.com/3vc3fmw

Profile
Jarsie9


Joined: 05/17/09 12:34 AM
Messages: 10233
Online

Callum9432 wrote:

One of these days, this story will go national because of some unfortunate event, and EA will be held accountable because they did nothing to prevent the unfortunate event.

It has already been on the news. Not quite national and certainly not international, but it has been on the news:
http://tinyurl.com/3vc3fmw


That was a blip on the radar. It didn't even come close to exposing the real problem, which is the *lack* of mdoeration, and the fact that EA relies on Customer Service; people who have no stake in what goes on in these forums, and does not rely on the people who do...the SimGurus and the volunteer moderators, none of which have any real TEETH to enforce the rules, if you all know what I mean.

The kind of story *I'm* talking about is the kind of story such as the ones I've seen here...people becoming so stressed out because of the constant harassment and the hostile environment created for them on their My Pages, and sometimes on the forums, which will affect their physical, mental and emotional health. Something as extreme as a person dying due to stress and strain being caused by this type of harassment. That, unfortunately, is what it will take for EA to sit up and take action, because of the negative publicity towards them and the loss of sales resulting from that negative publicity.

I Am No Longer Accepting Friend Requests. All Friend Requests Will Be Declined.
Profile
Callum9432


Joined: 08/29/09 08:52 AM
Messages: 7368
Location:Scotland
Online

Jarsie9 wrote:
Callum9432 wrote:

One of these days, this story will go national because of some unfortunate event, and EA will be held accountable because they did nothing to prevent the unfortunate event.

It has already been on the news. Not quite national and certainly not international, but it has been on the news:
http://tinyurl.com/3vc3fmw


That was a blip on the radar. It didn't even come close to exposing the real problem, which is the *lack* of mdoeration, and the fact that EA relies on Customer Service; people who have no stake in what goes on in these forums, and does not rely on the people who do...the SimGurus and the volunteer moderators, none of which have any real TEETH to enforce the rules, if you all know what I mean.

The kind of story *I'm* talking about is the kind of story such as the ones I've seen here...people becoming so stressed out because of the constant harassment and the hostile environment created for them on their My Pages, and sometimes on the forums, which will affect their physical, mental and emotional health. Something as extreme as a person dying due to stress and strain being caused by this type of harassment. That, unfortunately, is what it will take for EA to sit up and take action, because of the negative publicity towards them and the loss of sales resulting from that negative publicity.

Oh, I completely agree about that. It is unfortunate, but that is what it will take to make EA take some action.

Profile
MGSFan612


Joined: 12/30/10 10:39 PM
Messages: 3386
Offline

Callum9432 wrote:
It's a long story.
Back in February last year, someone made the account Sesert34 and started to upload other peoples' creations as his own. After a while, people spoke out against them on their external blogs. He started to target those people with death threats. He would make loads of new accounts with death threats in the usernames and other offensive things, then he would send the people friend requests from those accounts. A few times, he would use his accounts to spam the forums with p*rn images, the most recent time being the day before Martin Luther King Jr. Day. Recently, two regular people from this site took matters into their own hands (this had been going on for a year), and stopped him. In total, he created 169+ accounts with offensive and inappropriate usernames. The person, on several occasions, managed to fool the live chat people into giving him new registration codes for games he hadn't bought, meaning he could post on the forums again.

The story of how he was stopped:
http://www.vividobscurity.net/blogs/grumpy-toast/87-not-really-
grumpy/256-about-sesert.html


The story of how he fooled the live chat:
http://themaresnest.wordpress.com/driven-to-tiers-how-simple-si
mon-and-hasty-halston-helped-sesert34-to-run-amok-on-the-ea-fo
rum/



It is disturbing and pathetic that someone would go through all that trouble just to continue to harass people.

Profile
Callum9432


Joined: 08/29/09 08:52 AM
Messages: 7368
Location:Scotland
Online

MGSFan612 wrote:
Callum9432 wrote:
It's a long story.
Back in February last year, someone made the account Sesert34 and started to upload other peoples' creations as his own. After a while, people spoke out against them on their external blogs. He started to target those people with death threats. He would make loads of new accounts with death threats in the usernames and other offensive things, then he would send the people friend requests from those accounts. A few times, he would use his accounts to spam the forums with p*rn images, the most recent time being the day before Martin Luther King Jr. Day. Recently, two regular people from this site took matters into their own hands (this had been going on for a year), and stopped him. In total, he created 169+ accounts with offensive and inappropriate usernames. The person, on several occasions, managed to fool the live chat people into giving him new registration codes for games he hadn't bought, meaning he could post on the forums again.

The story of how he was stopped:
http://www.vividobscurity.net/blogs/grumpy-toast/87-not-really-
grumpy/256-about-sesert.html


The story of how he fooled the live chat:
http://themaresnest.wordpress.com/driven-to-tiers-how-simple-si
mon-and-hasty-halston-helped-sesert34-to-run-amok-on-the-ea-fo
rum/



It is disturbing and pathetic that someone would go through all that trouble just to continue to harass people.

I too, find it rather disturbing, but I think there may be deeper issues that led him to do this.

I'd also like to point out that the two people who took matters into their own hands, were pretty much forced to do so because EA would not do a thing about it. We reported it, we made threads about it (most of which ended up being deleted or moved to Tech Discussions to die), we tried to warn others and we even gave EA suggestions on how they could stop it. And the best response we ever got was "We are looking into it. Please continue to report anymore inappropriate activity on the forums and My Pages." Well I think you really need to hurry up, because you've been looking into it for a whole year and you still haven't done anything!

EA have got the worst Customer Service I have ever seen. I thought Sky were bad, but at least with Sky, after you've been on the phone waiting for 40 minutes you get to talk to some one that actually knows what they are doing. With EA you sit waiting for 40 minutes, talk to some one that barely even knows what company they work for, and then you come out of it with even more problems than you had before - assuming they even attempt to help you, rather than redirecting you to the forums.

There are a few good ones at CS, but unfortunately, the bad ones outweigh the good ones by miles.

Profile
jimmysnan


Joined: 05/22/11 08:37 PM
Messages: 3238
Location:at the computer playing chatting on the forum
Offline

Someone on another post said trained monkeys, I agree

We are all of us, angels with only one wing and together we fly. Thanks for helping me soar.



Profile
Callum9432


Joined: 08/29/09 08:52 AM
Messages: 7368
Location:Scotland
Online

jimmysnan wrote:Someone on another post said trained monkeys, I agree

Trained?
The only thing most of them are trained to do is scoop the llama excrement out of the bucket and hand it to the customer

Profile
n00biityo


Joined: 06/04/09 06:28 AM
Messages: 1460
Location:Europe

I wish people would stop insulting monkeys. Trained or otherwise.

Wow. So people with legitimate problems don't get help and this guy gets free codes handed to him?! What a mess!

Profile
wizplace


Joined: 10/18/09 10:39 PM
Messages: 1883
Location:I'm right behind you :0
Offline

This is what happens when it comes to social networking. Not just here but a lot of places and people don't do anything about it. I apologize for your friend.

Profile
Hambil


Joined: 03/03/10 11:13 AM
Messages: 477
Offline

Callum9432 wrote:We reported it, we made threads about it (most of which ended up being deleted or moved to Tech Discussions to die)

Ding ding ding ding ding ding.

Passive aggressive move it out of view let it die a low death. They've always done this. Look where this thread is now.

I agree, there customer service is among the worst I've ever experienced.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 02/22/12 10:14 PM


A Freudian slip is when you say one thing but mean your mother.
Profile
Callum9432


Joined: 08/29/09 08:52 AM
Messages: 7368
Location:Scotland
Online

Hambil wrote:
Callum9432 wrote:We reported it, we made threads about it (most of which ended up being deleted or moved to Tech Discussions to die)

Ding ding ding ding ding ding.

Passive aggressive move it out of view let it die a low death. They've always done this. Look where this thread is now.

I agree, there customer service is among the worst I've ever experienced.

My first thought when I saw this had been moved here was "Well, there is a surprise ."

What I can't believe is that, back in May, a SimGuru actually had the cheek to tell BluebellFlora off for posting his usernames in a thread about it. They gave the same crappy looking into it excuse and then locked the threads.

Even back at the start of January this year. BluebellFlora was given an official warning for 'spamming' (she made 3 threads about it, three nights in a row), Customer Service were handing warnings out to practically anyone who bumped a thread and b o b 0 0 7 was removed as a moderator for demanding that EA do something about Sesert. One week later, look what happened:

//themaresnest.wordpress.com/2012/01/16/how-sesert34-marked-mar
tin-luther-king-day

This message was edited 4 times. Last update was at 02/23/12 12:09 AM


Profile
wizplace


Joined: 10/18/09 10:39 PM
Messages: 1883
Location:I'm right behind you :0
Offline

To escape harassment why not join my Sims forum? Trust me it's completly safe. And I actually watch the post to make sure people follow the rules.
Link: http://wizplace-studios.forumotion.com/
(It's not just for Simming either it's also for Writing and creative stuff too.)

Profile
 
Post Reply Forum Index » Ideas & Feedback
Go to: