Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
New Patch - Game Update for 1.32 (Patch pulled) 3/15 Patch 1.33 Available - Update 3/16  XML
Forum Index » Showtime
crinrict

I'm completely at loss this morning. Daughter had a small accident, she still went to Kindergarden but I'm a little worried.

I have the bug thread and the cc issue, my wall is clogged up and I don't know what to do about it. Seems no one removes their SimPort messages

Anyways, if someone could put a quick summarize of any issues (except Norton, know about that) with this new patch directly in my thread so I don't have to read this whole thread, that would be greatly appreciated on my part.

RobECoyote

Schantal wrote:Remember to re-enable it once you are done installiung the patch though. I would suggest using something other than Norton for anti-virus like AVG which is free. Especially if you didn't pay for Norton and are just using the trial or "free" version.

Er, I really wouldn't advise using a free internet security program. AVG also does a paid version, do you really think they're going to give you their best service for free if they do that?

My job is fixing people's comps. I can't count how many times someone has come in with a 'software fault' which I immediately spot as a virus and get 'But I have AVG, I'm protected!' or words to that effect. I think on average I find at least 100 or so virus' on people with free antivirus progs when I do a thorough scan. Use a paid program, I don't care if it's Norton, Kasperksy, Trend, Eset or even Vipre. Free ones are deceptive....you *will* get infected.

You get what you pay for.
lovelymia1

HI! I updated my game to the latest patch and now the game or the launcher aren't opening up, AT ALL. Someone please help me! I don't want to uninstall my games and lose everything!
lovelymia1

crinrict wrote:I'm completely at loss this morning. Daughter had a small accident, she still went to Kindergarden but I'm a little worried.

I have the bug thread and the cc issue, my wall is clogged up and I don't know what to do about it. Seems no one removes their SimPort messages

Anyways, if someone could put a quick summarize of any issues (except Norton, know about that) with this new patch directly in my thread so I don't have to read this whole thread, that would be greatly appreciated on my part.

What is wrong with Norton?????
tinydancer114

crinrict wrote:I'm completely at loss this morning. Daughter had a small accident, she still went to Kindergarden but I'm a little worried.

I hope she's okay- thanks for all the help you give in these forums
n00biityo

Sorry to hear about your daughter crinrict. I hope she'll be ok.

crinrict

She came back from kindergarten about an hour ago and she is well and cheerful as ever.

Thank you for everyone's concerns

Norton seems to quarantine the launcher after this patch, thinking it's a virus. Don't know the details (yet)

Jessa_Dakkar

Diancarock wrote:
Schantal wrote:Diancarock, what kinks? In one of my posts you said your game was running as smooth as ever...weird....

Oh and thanks OP for posting the link to the update, it was nice of you

Um how about the kink of hosting sims and getting CC. When I posted that I had only went and played a few minutes, if I recall, that was Tuesday, it's now Thursday. Are you like having a bad day? Don't take your issues out on me, I don't know you, and really don't want to....

Edit for misspelling although the reply to this angry person, really isn't worth it.. geesh

So you don't want to get the patch until they get the Simport/CC transfer issue fixed? That same Simport/CC transfer issue which is addressed in the patch?
crinrict

Jenieusa wrote:All went well....

i just hosted a sim...nothing in my downloads folder and nothing in my saved sims folder...my files in the Dccache folder appear unharmed....

i still have in twallans 1.31 mods for OW...MC....and Relativity...all seems fine for me

That is very good news. So it seems they found a way for both problems. Can anyone confirm (still going through the thread) ?

solosonya

How do you manually install a patch?
crinrict

You download it from the link and then double click on the file to install.

solosonya

crinrict wrote:You download it from the link and then double click on the file to install.
Thats it. I thought it would be harder. So when you double click on it does it go in the launcher or where? Just curious.
mrswoo5

I don't have Showtime my launcher wants me to update again and a have a script error what gives!!!!
Suzan2k

I got a error when I try to update, ***?
foxyfrankie

I've just installed the update and now my launcher won't even open! I've even tried opening it manually but no luck...going to close down my computer and restart to see if that works. Has anyone else had this problem?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 03/09/12 02:13 PM

Forum Index » Showtime
Go to: